KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Rank the Worthy from most to least powerful

Rank the Worthy from most to least powerful
Started by: zopzop

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Rank the Worthy from most to least powerful

Like the thread title says. How would you rank the Worthy based on ON PANEL showings?

IMHO, it's :
Tier A
Nul/Kuurth (SERPENT POWER ONLY)

Tier B
Nerkkod

Tier 'meh'
Greithoth
Mokk
Skirn
Angrir

Nul and Kuurth are self-explanatory. Nul wrecked the Vampire Nation, got hit so hard by an enraged Thor that he literally went into orbit and wasn't even hurt, and he actually crushed his own Worthy hammer. Kuurth went toe to toe with Colossus amped Juggernaut and was more than holding his own till Colossus used his unstoppability enchantment to push Kuurth away. Kuurth could fly, was immune to mind and soul phuckery, and he was immune to BFR.

Nerkkod owned a stacked Alpha Flight (they only temporary stopped him via BFR), he was holding his own against a team of heroes that included Strange and Surfer (he actaully treated Surfer like a non entity), etc.. He seemed immune to soul phuckery because Shaman attempted it and was repelled. He has MAJOR weaknesses though : BFR and separation from his hammer weakens him.

The rest of the worthy were such failures. Greithoth was ok, he had a good showing vs Pym and crew. Mokk and Skirn were totally forgettable. Angrir was a complete joke. He would have even lost to jobber Rulk if Rulk wanted to fight back with his energy powers.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 03:47 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Kuurth
Everyone else

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 03:50 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Said on panel that Nul>Kuurth but I would put those two at the top. Kuurth was a tank monster but he did nothing offensive wise. Nul was a destructive monster who at the end of it all was unable to be stopped by high tier peeps (Strange, Namor, She Rulk, etc...). If you are using durability as a deciding factor, then Kuurth but if you consider everything as a whole, then it's Nul at numero uno with Kuurth coming in second.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 04:06 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
Kuurth
Everyone else

This is Serpent Power ONLY Kuurth. Keep that in mind.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 05:42 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by zopzop
This is Serpent Power ONLY Kuurth. Keep that in mind.

SP Kuurth is harder to gauge but while he was FP Kuuth he tanked things the Juggernaut has had trouble with in the past including two Omega Level Mutants. Plus he was able to break Colossonaut's skull easily.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 09:11 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

SP Kuurth is harder to gauge but while he was FP Kuuth he tanked things the Juggernaut has had trouble with in the past including two Omega Level Mutants.

What did Dual Power Kuurth tank that Cytorrak only Juggernaut had trouble with? Remember that Cytorrak only Juggernaut withstood a Godblast from Thor.

quote:
Plus he was able to break Colossonaut's skull easily.

True but Colossus insta healed through it and never once used Juggernaut's shield.

Keep in mind, I made this thread because I wanted to know what other forum members thought of the Worthy power wise based on their showings and not implied power.

Nul was the most powerful, I don't even think that's up for debate. He was strong enough to crush his own hammer, he could have crushed the other hammers if he wanted to as well.

Angrir was the weakest by far. He even admitted Invisible Woman could have beat him if she wanted. On panel, he KOed Reed, pummeled RULK, and beat Dragon Man. I mean this is something NORMAL Thing could have done on a good day. Hell, he would have LOST to Rulk if Rulk had used his energy powers.

In between these extremes you had the other Worthy.

Skirn and Greithoth were fighting Hank Pym, Justice, and some members of the Avengers Academy (which are teens). How impressive is this really? In their defense they faced off against the Worthy version of the Avengers and even though they got knocked around, they were still on their feet and fighting right up till the Serpent died and their hammers were taken from them.

Mokk beat Iron Man. Then later owned Detroit Steel. Then later still he owned Pepper with some robotic back up. Nice showing and arguably better than the Skirn and Greithoth fights but still, how impressive is this?

Serpent Power Kuurth had only two showings : one fight vs Colossus with Juggernauts power and another against Worthy Wolverine. He was doing very well vs Colossus till Colossus exploited the Juggernaut unstoppability enchantment to beat Kuurth. His second showing had him being cut up by Worthy Wolverine. It was only a few panels but he wasn't seen again later and some people speculated that Worthy Wolverine beat him.

Nerkkod was trashing the full team of Alpha Flight and they needed to BFR him to 'beat' him. Nerkkod trashed Cannonball (This dude has excellent durability because of his kinetic force field. His CAT, which has most of his abilities, easily survived the destruction of Pym's Infinite Mansion when they detonated it in order to stop Skirn and Greithoth). Later Nerkkod faced of against a team of heroes consisting of Dr. Strange, Namor, She-Hulk (Lyra), Loa (her mutant power disintegrates matter), and Silver Surfer. He was holding his own and beating them back till Strange figured out that if you separate him from his hammer, he weakens. He fled the fight after they managed to do it. In the final showdown, he faced off against Worth Red She Hulk and she knocked him down, but later we see him on his feet and fighting right up till the Serpent died and his hammer was taken from him.

In terms of raw power and foes, Nul is easily the most powerful based on on panel showings. Kuurth is second. Nerkkod is third. Hell, you can argue that Nerkkod should be second based on the people he went up against.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 06:57 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

His second showing had him being cut up by Worthy Wolverine. It was only a few panels but he wasn't seen again later and some people speculated that Worthy Wolverine beat him.

The Mighty rofl stomped The Worthy, there were no exceptions.

Terribly written event, tbh.

--
On-topic - Sin was the weakest, imho.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 07:05 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The Mighty rofl stomped The Worthy, there were no exceptions.

Did they? I only recall Kuurth getting 'beaten' by Mighty/Worthy Wolverine because he was never shown on panel again after their exchange. Sin/Mokk/Greithoth/Nerkkod were still up and fighting all the up till the end.
(please log in to view the image)
So it looks like Skirn and Kuurth got KOed or something. Nul crushed his own hammer and broke free. Angrir was killed by Thor earlier. Sin/Mokk/Greithoth/Nerkkod were still in the fight.
Am I missing a tie in?

quote:
Terribly written event, tbh.

--
On-topic - Sin was the weakest, imho.

I agree. But was Sin really the weakest? She repelled Mjolnir when Captain America flung it at her. Seeing as how Mjolnir one shot KOed Angrir, that makes him the weakest no?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 07:21 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Did they? I only recall Kuurth getting 'beaten' by Mighty/Worthy Wolverine because he was never shown on panel again after their exchange. Sin/Mokk/Greithoth/Nerkkod were still up and fighting all the up till the end.
(please log in to view the image)
So it looks like Skirn and Kuurth got KOed or something. Nul crushed his own hammer and broke free. Angrir was killed by Thor earlier. Sin/Mokk/Greithoth/Nerkkod were still in the fight.
Am I missing a tie in?

The battle was a typical example of big team battles written by Fraction.

Chaos everywhere, heroes kicking villains' asses and saving the day... remember Dark Avengers vs X-Men cross-over? Similar ending, too...

There was nothing to suggest that villains were holding their own, iirc. They were getting raped. Sure, props for noting they were still conscious at the end, but it doesn't change much.

I agree. But was Sin really the weakest? She repelled Mjolnir when Captain America flung it at her. Seeing as how Mjolnir one shot KOed Angrir, that makes him the weakest no?

Don't recall that, but keep in mind that Steve tossing the hammer is not the same as Thor doing that. Also, factor in that he might've been holding back, while Thor under Fraction went all bloodthirsty killah berzerker viking barbie doll.

Anyway, Sin actually had trouble with most human fighters, while Angrir at least fought depowered Rulk and basically one-shotted Spiderpussy...

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 08:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The battle was a typical example of big team battles written by Fraction.

Chaos everywhere, heroes kicking villains' asses and saving the day... remember Dark Avengers vs X-Men cross-over? Similar ending, too...

There was nothing to suggest that villains were holding their own, iirc. They were getting raped. Sure, props for noting they were still conscious at the end, but it doesn't change much.

Serious question, was this shown in a tie-in or future issue recap and I'm missed it? Because we saw the Mighty face off vs the Worthy and aside from Kuurth and Skirn, we saw them in the final panel before the Serpent died on their feet and attacking. They only lost because the Serpent died and their hammers were recalled. Keep in mind there was EIGHT Mighty (Strange/Iron Fist/Spider-Man/Iron Man/Hawkeye/Red She-hulk/Black Widow/Ms. Marvel) vs FOUR Worthy (Nerkkod/Greithoth/Mokk/Skirn. Sin does NOT count among the Worthy, she was facing off against Cap w/Mjolnir anyway). Remember I'm going by what was shown on PANEL.

Recapping the Final Showdown -

Nul wasn't there having freed himself when he crushed his own hammer
Angrir was killed by Thor previously.

Kuurth wasn't seen on panel again after his fight with Mighty Wolverine
Skirn wasn't seen on panel after being tag teamed by Mighty Strange and Mighty Iron Fist.
Nerkkod/Mokk/Greithoth were not KOed or downed and figthting right up till the Serpent got killed.

quote:
Don't recall that, but keep in mind that Steve tossing the hammer is not the same as Thor doing that. Also, factor in that he might've been holding back, while Thor under Fraction went all bloodthirsty killah berzerker viking barbie doll.

Anyway, Sin actually had trouble with most human fighters, while Angrir at least fought depowered Rulk and basically one-shotted Spiderpussy...

Steve for sure was out for blood. He was gunning down Nazi's indiscriminately and Sin was their leader. Here's the Mjolnir scene I'm referring to :
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
Dude wanted her dead.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 09:44 PM
Stoic
Avenger

SP Kuurth is harder to gauge but while he was FP Kuuth he tanked things the Juggernaut has had trouble with in the past including two Omega Level Mutants. Plus he was able to break Colossonaut's skull easily.

Not very impressive as far as Colossus is concerned. I'd have been more impressed if he gave him a fight while Piotr was all beastly.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 10:36 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Stoic
Not very impressive as far as Colossus is concerned. I'd have been more impressed if he gave him a fight while Piotr was all beastly.

IMHO, it was impressive enough for what it was. Serpent Kuurth was going toe to toe with Colossus amped by Juggeranut's power.

PS Stoic, how would you rank the Worthy from most to least powerful and why?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 11:10 PM
Stoic
Avenger

IMHO, it was impressive enough for what it was. Serpent Kuurth was going toe to toe with Colossus amped by Juggeranut's power.

PS Stoic, how would you rank the Worthy from most to least powerful and why?

It would be incredibly difficult for me to gauge them all because the only two worth anything were Kuurth and Nul from my recollection. Just my opinion. Piotr was holding back the bulk of his power. We saw this when he nearly killed Rulk.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 11:17 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

It would be incredibly difficult for me to gauge them all because the only two worth anything were Kuurth and Nul from my recollection.

**cough** Nerkkod **cough**

quote:
Just my opinion. Piotr was holding back the bulk of his power. We saw this when he nearly killed Rulk.

You have a point but I don't know. I mean why would Colossus amped by Juggernaut' power need to amp to beat jobber Rulk?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 11:20 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Who is more durable Nul or Kuurth?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 11:29 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

**cough** Nerkkod **cough**

You have a point but I don't know. I mean why would Colossus amped by Juggernaut' power need to amp to beat jobber Rulk? [/B]

Because when he was holding back Rulk was giving him a fight. This is the same one that was getting his head broken by Kuurth, but still able to hold his own. Something to think about.

All the same. Rulk at the end of his run was every bit as powerful as Loeb Force Rulk. It was explained that if he were to continue exploiting others that there was a great chance that he would be stuck in Hulk form forever. Rulk fought as a base class 100 for the majority of the time after hearing that.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 12:25 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Who is more durable Nul or Kuurth?

Kuurth I guess, but Nul's durability increases with his strength.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 12:26 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Because when he was holding back Rulk was giving him a fight. This is the same one that was getting his head broken by Kuurth, but still able to hold his own. Something to think about.

All the same. Rulk at the end of his run was every bit as powerful as Loeb Force Rulk. It was explained that if he were to continue exploiting others that there was a great chance that he would be stuck in Hulk form forever. Rulk fought as a base class 100 for the majority of the time after hearing that.

But AvX was even a hotter mess than Fear Itself was. Rulk was getting owned by Kid Gladiator and Iceman. Using AvX as evidence of anything is an exercise in futility.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 12:48 PM
juggerman

What did Dual Power Kuurth tank that Cytorrak only Juggernaut had trouble with? Remember that Cytorrak only Juggernaut withstood a Godblast from Thor.

BFR.
Mental assault from Emma Frost w/ Cerebro
Two Omega Level Mutants
And don't act like Magneto wouldn't make short work of Normal Juggernaut

True but Colossus insta healed through it and never once used Juggernaut's shield.

WWH never broke Juggy's bones tho....

Serpent Power Kuurth had only two showings : one fight vs Colossus with Juggernauts power and another against Worthy Wolverine. He was doing very well vs Colossus till Colossus exploited the Juggernaut unstoppability enchantment to beat Kuurth. His second showing had him being cut up by Worthy Wolverine. It was only a few panels but he wasn't seen again later and some people speculated that Worthy Wolverine beat him.

Ok fair enough. Kuurth sans Cyttorak is clearly less than FP Kuurth, but I don't see Nul beating FP Kuurth

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 03:06 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Greithoth* (He was easily absorbing the Infinite Mansion generator and from what I remember, that would make his power limit, the highest, which I guess makes sense)
Nul
Kuurth
Nerkkod
Angrir/Mokk
Greithoth
Skirn

Keep in mind, I made this thread because I wanted to know what other forum members thought of the Worthy power wise based on their showings and not implied power.

Nul was the most powerful, I don't even think that's up for debate. He was strong enough to crush his own hammer, he could have crushed the other hammers if he wanted to as well.

Angrir was the weakest by far. He even admitted Invisible Woman could have beat him if she wanted. On panel, he KOed Reed, pummeled RULK, and beat Dragon Man. I mean this is something NORMAL Thing could have done on a good day. Hell, he would have LOST to Rulk if Rulk had used his energy powers.

In between these extremes you had the other Worthy.

Skirn and Greithoth were fighting Hank Pym, Justice, and some members of the Avengers Academy (which are teens). How impressive is this really? In their defense they faced off against the Worthy version of the Avengers and even though they got knocked around, they were still on their feet and fighting right up till the Serpent died and their hammers were taken from them.

Mokk beat Iron Man. Then later owned Detroit Steel. Then later still he owned Pepper with some robotic back up. Nice showing and arguably better than the Skirn and Greithoth fights but still, how impressive is this?

Nerkkod was trashing the full team of Alpha Flight and they needed to BFR him to 'beat' him. Nerkkod trashed Cannonball (This dude has excellent durability because of his kinetic force field. His CAT, which has most of his abilities, easily survived the destruction of Pym's Infinite Mansion when they detonated it in order to stop Skirn and Greithoth). Later Nerkkod faced of against a team of heroes consisting of Dr. Strange, Namor, She-Hulk (Lyra), Loa (her mutant power disintegrates matter), and Silver Surfer. He was holding his own and beating them back till Strange figured out that if you separate him from his hammer, he weakens. He fled the fight after they managed to do it. In the final showdown, he faced off against Worth Red She Hulk and she knocked him down, but later we see him on his feet and fighting right up till the Serpent died and his hammer was taken from him.

In terms of raw power and foes, Nul is easily the most powerful based on on panel showings. Kuurth is second. Nerkkod is third. Hell, you can argue that Nerkkod should be second based on the people he went up against. [/B]

In what world is Thing able to beat the absolute crap and overpower Rulk to a degree that only Green Scar matched? Or easily beat the Invisible Woman until she put a force field in his lungs?

As a matter of fact, Angrir was mentioned to be, along with Nul, to be the greatest of the Worthy in the issue where they fought Thor....

Separating Nerkkod from his hammer while making little sense, I understood as creation an actual separation, i.e. destroying his hand. Because he's thrown the hammer and been fine as it returned no? All the Worthy have from what I can tell.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 04:03 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote