KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Afterthought vs Spider-Man

Afterthought vs Spider-Man
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Afterthought vs Spider-Man

For all Zack's hype, I'm not seeing how AF's power beats having Spider-Sense, + his stat boosts.

But lets see.

Who wins?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 11:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Already been done here. But, AF can out react the Ray (Who was going faster than light speeds), so I don't think Spidey brings anything new to the table.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 12:47 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Except for pre-cog.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 12:49 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Yes, AT is a pre-cog.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 12:53 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spider-man uses his Spider-Fu and kick Afterthought's ass.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 01:06 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
Already been done here. But, AF can out react the Ray (Who was going faster than light speeds), so I don't think Spidey brings anything new to the table.

Don't you mean that that he knew what the Ray was going to do before he did it? In that case Spider Man has out reacted Firelord, who has flight speeds multiple times faster than light. Everyone remembers how he went on to majorly upset Firelord to the point that PIS was likely ruled on every battle forum in existence. But PIS does happen in both Universe's. Especially when land locked guys are able to defeat guys that never had to get anywhere near them to win.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 01:12 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stoic
Don't you mean that that he knew what the Ray was going to do before he did it? In that case Spider Man has out reacted Firelord, who has flight speeds multiple times faster than light. Everyone remembers how he went on to majorly upset Firelord to the point that PIS was likely ruled on every battle forum in existence. But PIS does happen in both Universe's. Especially when land locked guys are able to defeat guys that never had to get anywhere near them to win.

I don't see the fight against Firelord as PIS.

That's mostly that Spider-man used his abilities very well to attack FL from all angles.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 01:14 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Zack M
Yes, AT is a pre-cog.
Yes, so is Spider-Man, which marks a major difference between him and the Ray. Spider-sense is a lesser degree of pre-cog than what AT is working with, but it still changes the match-up. Especially because of Parker's superior speed etc.

AT might win, but it's not exactly a settled matter.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 01:14 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

It’s dc v marvel. Of course it’s settled in his mind. Lol

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 01:17 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Smurph
Yes, so is Spider-Man, which marks a major difference between him and the Ray. Spider-sense is a lesser degree of pre-cog than what AT is working with, but it still changes the match-up. Especially because of Parker's superior speed etc.

AT might win, but it's not exactly a settled matter.

Midnighter (DC) has similar abilities and AT destroyed him. Midnighter needed prep to take him down.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 01:31 AM
Senor Cage

And in terms of speed, we saw Midnighter outreact a speedster who was a TRUE speedster (Said to be close to Flash in that respect).

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 01:34 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by leonidas
It’s dc v marvel. Of course it’s settled in his mind. Lol

If DC is paying him, WHATEVER they're paying him, I'd bet they're not paying him nearly enough.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 02:24 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by cdtm
If DC is paying him, WHATEVER they're paying him, I'd bet they're not paying him nearly enough.

Really? I'd say they're paying him too much if he's getting a dime. Irrational fans worsen my enjoyment of characters and franchises. Fortunately, with him it's a whole damn company, so it's more nebulous than most super-fans. And I pay less attention to vs. threads than I used to. But the anti-fanboy urge is strong, and I can point to specific old-time KMC members that sparked my indifference toward certain characters.

Also, I mean, it's KMC. After years of Admin neglect, we're the backwash in the Pepsi of comic fandom. Surely there are more populated internet boards to send their minions to.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 03:03 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Digi
Really? I'd say they're paying him too much if he's getting a dime. Irrational fans worsen my enjoyment of characters and franchises. Fortunately, with him it's a whole damn company, so it's more nebulous than most super-fans. And I pay less attention to vs. threads than I used to. But the anti-fanboy urge is strong, and I can point to specific old-time KMC members that sparked my indifference toward certain characters.

Also, I mean, it's KMC. After years of Admin neglect, we're the backwash in the Pepsi of comic fandom. Surely there are more populated internet boards to send their minions to.

Now everyone is wondering who you're talking about.

You better not be talking about me brah, or I'll invade you dreams like Freddy Krueger. LOL.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 03:28 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

That's typically true, yeah. Sometimes, though, they can successfully spark a whole new fan base for HULK KILLER HUMANOID!

lol, painfully true.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 04:55 AM
DarkSaint85

AT wins in the way I describe.

1. AT swings a punch.
2. Spidey senses warn Spidey, and he blocks/dodges/whatever.
3. AT knew exactly what he was going to do (let's say, block). So he can counter appropriately with an attack.

It would take a while, but it will get the job done, slowly.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 07:31 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

I'll try to make it a debate. big grin

I certainly see AT connecting this way a number of times, but basic knowledge + combat savviness will make it easy for SM to adapt. At the end of the day that second counter will be just another incoming attack that Pete will sense and be able to dodge thanks to his speed. Plus seeing 5 seconds into the future is not an auto win. Tbh I look at AT reacting to a light speed attack the same way I look at DS tagging the Flash. If the guy himself is not a speedster that means that the speedster he tagged did a dumb thing by not reacting to a guy he can perceive with light speed reflexes. Regardless of the precog, it's incompetence. I can see Spider-man using web cartridges to his advantage here.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 08:03 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

The guy was a speedster too, I reckon. Too few showings to say definitely, but Ray was explicitly at lightspeed.

Like dodging the light from a lamp.....you just can't do it.

Plus he had the strength to mess Lobo up pretty badly. And we all know Lobos regen factor.

Eventually, I just see it as AT forcing Spidey into a corner, move wise. So there's nothing he can do to block punches etc.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 08:41 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Yeah, AT definitely has enhancements other than his pre-cog. I mean he did mess up Midnighter rather casually, and Midnighter has low super speed. Midnighter's computer brain gives him Spidey type awareness, too, and is actually MORE versatile than Spidey sense.

His suit is just insane, too:
quote:
I can see five seconds into the future. My combat rig neutralizes fatigue poisons and delivers intravenous nutrition.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 09:07 AM
Senor Cage

Midnighter is fast, too. He put on his costume at super speeds, faster than the naked eye can see. stick out tongue

Midnighter Vs a speedster. This is how good his battle computer is:

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 09:16 AM