KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » new forum

should the mods allows KMC posters to work on the forum and make threads about our wo
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
yes 4 40.00%
no 6 60.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

new forum
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

new forum

should the mods allows KMC posters to work on the forum and make threads about it?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 07:25 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

here's Team Authority, lets use this for now...

http://teamauthority.myfastforum.org/index.php

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 07:27 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

As long aa we bookmark it we should be fine

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 07:30 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
As long aa we bookmark it we should be fine

thumb up

@Nuul : Raz will have your head for this!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 07:33 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

who cares about raz, maybe if we stop using his site then he'll show up and do some work... erm

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 07:34 PM
Squirrel Fart

i am signed in to TA and ready to post thumb up

i made a post on TA

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 07:37 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 07:35 PM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by The Nuul
i am signed in to TA and ready to post thumb up

i made a post on TA

There's no moderation there. Be careful you don't get harrased. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 07:47 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

A few things with new forums. They've been tried by several people since I've joined KMC. The C Master and Delph had degrees of success. With The C master probably putting the most work into his site. The rest have pretty much been abandoned.

Everybody wants to be a mod on new sites. When the initial flurry of anticipation and novelty wear off people generally go back to KMC. Especially those who wanted to be mods.

Rehashing old threads. Another drop comes when large KMC threads get remade on another forum. Again, once the novelty wears off people go back to KMC.

Most other free boards are just inferior. Despite KMCs age it's still superior in most aspects to free boards. Aside from recent glitches, KMC is still very stable and user friendly with built in conveniences.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 07:56 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by Badabing
A few things with new forums. They've been tried by several people since I've joined KMC. The C Master and Delph had degrees of success. With The C master probably putting the most work into his site. The rest have pretty much been abandoned.

Everybody wants to be a mod on new sites. When the initial flurry of anticipation and novelty wear off people generally go back to KMC. Especially those who wanted to be mods.

Rehashing old threads. Another drop comes when large KMC threads get remade on another forum. Again, once the novelty wears off people go back to KMC.

Most other free boards are just inferior. Despite KMCs age it's still superior in most aspects to free boards. Aside from recent glitches, KMC is still very stable and user friendly with built in conveniences.

Kmc is by far superior to most other sites. I don't see why it would suddenly crash. Is there some reason to be worried about kmc crashing? I don't see a problem here. Why does everyone need kaz again?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:05 PM
Bentley
Seitei

The logical solution would be to make a paying forum and finance it with poster money so people feel inclined to go there, enjoy superior quality/upkeep and ultimately pull in new audiences through both discussion and other kinds of content.

As Bada said, doing stuff for free makes it easy for people not to invest the time/effort.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:07 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Why are we moving forum?

Sure this one has a few glitches but without good moderators, those new forums will just get trolls.

I like this one but if people are moving to another one, I will likely move too.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:11 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I voted No.

Already stated why in the other thread.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:14 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Facee
Kmc is by far superior to most other sites. I don't see why it would suddenly crash. Is there some reason to be worried about kmc crashing? I don't see a problem here. Why does everyone need kaz again?
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Why are we moving forum?

Sure this one has a few glitches but without good moderators, those new forums will just get trolls.

I like this one but if people are moving to another one, I will likely move too.
People are worried the lack of an active administrator will result in the forum degrading. We've had some glitches but KMC is very stable.
Originally posted by Bentley
The logical solution would be to make a paying forum and finance it with poster money so people feel inclined to go there, enjoy superior quality/upkeep and ultimately pull in new audiences through both discussion and other kinds of content.

As Bada said, doing stuff for free makes it easy for people not to invest the time/effort.
I would have bought the site if it was offered. I had people I wanted to write for the main KMC site, people to upkeep/upgrade the board, and mods.
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I voted No.

Already stated why in the other thread.
We won't tell you where we're going. And the new board won't have a green font option. thumb up

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:22 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Is there no way to take over from Raz without his permission?
I’m assuming he is just collecting money and calling it a day?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:26 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

This site has its mechanical issues, but nothing so severe as to consider abandoning ship that I know of?

Plus I like our stinking shithole of a site, I've been here for 8 years and a lot of us for even more.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:30 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Badabing
We won't tell you where we're going. And the new board won't have a green font option. thumb up

Oh I KNOW where the "New Board" is Headed....

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 08:32 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

This thread feels like the "We're Going Streaking!" scene from Old School.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 09:21 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Nuul! The British are coming! The British are coming!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 09:25 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Bentley

Something awful tried that.

If a deep analysis of the Bayformers movies is an example of paywall quality posting, I can only assume the truely insane would pay to post. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 09:34 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Is there no way to take over from Raz without his permission?
I’m assuming he is just collecting money and calling it a day?
Raz's account has the permissions to make a lot of the changes we want. New mods, new forums, maybe even updates. I requested years ago for a Twitter/FB share button, and a mobile app. He sounded interested then disappeared.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 10:08 PM