KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Deathstroke vs Talons

Deathstroke vs Talons
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Deathstroke vs Talons

Slade, pre New 52, vs all the Talons from Court of Owls.

Who wins?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 08:19 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

I'd like to see this fight. Batman failed against them correct?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 08:33 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

All of them? At the same time?

They’d overwhelm him. A few are stronger than Slade, virtually all are just as mobile/agile as he is (several more so), one or so with comparable H2H skill, and all have healing factors better than his (with considerable damage soak to boot).

All of them at the same time? They’d overwhelm him.

To beat all at the same time would require TRUE super powers - and I don’t mean the type the likes of Slade, Midnighter, Mr.X or Deadpool have. Even a character like Spider-Man would primarily be on the defensive against ALL Talons coming together en masse.

To (easily and consistently) beat ALL Talons at once would require powers that would get one somewhat noticed by the Fantastic Four or the JSA. And I don’t mean at the physical level of Mr Fantastic or Wild Cat.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:28 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Batman failed, even with prep and with weakness exploitation (the cold).

DS dies.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:36 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So what, no less then Gorgon or Lord Rand has a shot?

Even with Slades gear?

He does regularly go at it with TRUE super powers.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 10:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Spetznaz

(please log in to view the image)

And Slade has true superpowers. Especially when it comes to his mind. None of them can touch that.

Last edited by Vanguard on Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:24 AM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:20 AM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
So what, no less then Gorgon or Lord Rand has a shot?

Even with Slades gear?

He does regularly go at it with TRUE super powers.

Yea...I mean wtf

If he doesn't have true super powers what does he have?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:28 AM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vanguard
Spetznaz

(please log in to view the image)

And Slade has true superpowers. Especially when it comes to his mind. None of them can touch that.

Sorry guys, but as much as I may like the character, Deathstroke really has no chance here.

1. We are not talking about a gauntlet, or a staggered sequence of attacks ...we are talking about ALL the Talons attacking him at once. No chance.

2. As for ‘true powers,’ maybe I should have emphasized what I meant. Yes, Slade is beyond peak human, with enhanced strength, speed, skill etc. He has a semblance of a healing factor, and he has one of the most brilliant tactical minds in comics. Those are true powers. What I meant though was that it would require someone with greater powers than those to defeat ALL the Talons at once.

Which is why I said abilities that could get someone a place in the F4 or JSA (and not the type that a stretchy Mr Fantastic or a fighting Wild Cat would have ...).

Slade would get overwhelmed.

Now, make it a gauntlet where they come one by one, or they have to hunt him all over a city, and the scenario is markedly different.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:54 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote