KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Heavy hitters ONLY ALLOWED

Heavy hitters ONLY ALLOWED
Started by: Gadabout

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gadabout

Heavy hitters ONLY ALLOWED

Alright....
Who would you place at the top for the Greatest Brawler of comics Strongest. So characters such as Thing, Namor, She Hulk, Colossus, ect, ect are not allowed here. Also as not to exclude some of yall favorites-flight and speed is considered but only if these abilities are shown to be a consistent strategy of said character.

NO EXTERNAL POWER AMPS ALLOWED

Notables but not limited to:

Hercules (marvel)
Thor Odinson
Superman-boy-prime
Black Adam
WB Hulk
Orion
Darkseid
Kallark
Beta Ray
Wonder Women
Super girl
Champion

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 12:08 PM
Gadabout is currently offline Click here to Send Gadabout a Private Message Find more posts by Gadabout Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Flash, with an infinite mass.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 12:09 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Looking at on panel showings and not making up imaginary characters that doesn't exist, Hulk is numero uno.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 01:41 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Invincible. No one listed holds a candle to him

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 02:21 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Mangog and Doomsday

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 02:37 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Re: Heavy hitters ONLY ALLOWED

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gadabout
Alright....
Who would you place at the top for the Greatest Brawler of comics Strongest. So characters such as Thing, Namor, She Hulk, Colossus, ect, ect are not allowed here. Also as not to exclude some of yall favorites-flight and speed is considered but only if these abilities are shown to be a consistent strategy of said character.

NO EXTERNAL POWER AMPS ALLOWED

Notables ...

I'll more or less just re-order the list you have from greatest to least.
Probably provide the reason for these rankings in a subsequent post.

Darkseid (pre-Crisis)
Supergirl (pre-Crisis)
WorldBreaker Hulk
Darkseid (nu52)
Superman-boy-prime
Thor Odinson
Wonder Woman (nu52, natural, uncuffed)
Orion
Kallark (Marvel's Sh'iar Gladiator)
Black Adam
Beta Ray Bill
Hercules (marvel)
Champion (Marvel Comics)

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 06:18 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

half those mentioned arent great brawlers

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 06:39 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tru-marvell

Going by strictly total fighting ability...including flight and speed

1) Wonder Women

2) Black Adam

3) Gladiator

4) General Zod

5) Thor Odinson/ Beta Ray Bill

6) Hercules

7) Champion

8) Darkseid

Actually I would place WWHulk pretty high up perhaps just below WW

This list is not my who is strongest but who when using their complete ability to go "fist to cuffs" would be best per OP -imo

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 08:24 PM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Mangog and Doomsday
It's this and Prime.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 08:26 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I'll ... re-order the list you have from greatest to least.

Darkseid (pre-Crisis)
Supergirl (pre-Crisis)
WorldBreaker Hulk
Darkseid (nu52)
Superman-boy-prime
Thor Odinson
Wonder Woman (nu52, natural, uncuffed)
Orion
Kallark (Marvel's Sh'iar Gladiator)
Black Adam
Beta Ray Bill
Hercules (marvel)
Champion (Marvel Comics)

Originally posted by Sin I AM
half those mentioned arent great brawlers

I disagree, obviously, so I'll illustrate the case for some of the choices I think you might be objecting to as time permits, starting with my #1 pick:

(Pre-Crisis Darkseid)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: The Great Darkness Sage

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 07:51 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cable_Extreme
The Terminator

I would say probably Hunter/Prey Doomsday.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 08:14 PM
Cable_Extreme is currently offline Click here to Send Cable_Extreme a Private Message Find more posts by Cable_Extreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 08:29 PM
bluewaterrider

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 08:35 PM
bluewaterrider

Pre-Crisis Supergirl
(versus AntiMonitor)

This may seem a strange choice to fans.
Wasn't the AntiMonitor the one who eventually killed Supergirl?

Yes.

But to get to that point she essentially had to be depowered by translation into an anti-matter universe. And still brilliantly handled living, constantly-reforming stone constructs, and engaged the Anti-Monitor with far greater success than her cousin, and ALMOST put an end to the greatest threat then DCU had ever known:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Infinite Crisis #7

Now of course AT the crucial moment of the last scan Kimiyo will choose to cry and say
"No, I've got to stay and help you!" and distract Kara getting her to turn away before she can finish AM, but, until this point, the fight is widely regarded as Kara's to lose. Were you to read the following page, you would find even the Anti-Monitor seemingly agrees.

Anyway, Kara's success against opponents that handled her cousin in the same engagement (Kryptonite Man, Super Constructs, Anti-Monitor) are why I place her above even pre-Crisis Superman on this list.

Last edited by bluewaterrider on Feb 10th, 2018 at 09:18 PM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 09:10 PM
bluewaterrider

Above message and this one were edited because of a mistake made in listing the URLs for the scans.

Last edited by bluewaterrider on Feb 10th, 2018 at 09:21 PM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 09:16 PM
xJLxKing

Prime
Mangog
DD

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 09:24 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cable_Extreme
The Terminator

Mangog is the clear choice for Marvel, especially consuming Destroyer armor.

Hunter/Prey Doomsday beating Darkseid (Confirmed not a clone) in a few panels is another great feat. It is between those two imo.

Leaning towards Mangog in sheer destructive capability though.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 01:36 AM
Cable_Extreme is currently offline Click here to Send Cable_Extreme a Private Message Find more posts by Cable_Extreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tru-marvell

I don't agree with DD and Mangog being listed here

Aside from their extremely high durability what "brawling" feats have they shown?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:27 AM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cable_Extreme
The Terminator

Originally posted by tru-marvell
I don't agree with DD and Mangog being listed here

Aside from their extremely high durability what "brawling" feats have they shown?

Doomsday beat the shiz out of Darkseid in just a few hits and dragged him off panel.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 04:22 AM
tru-marvell

Well put it this way....
If their physical stats were equal and it came down to pure melee skill, who would win?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 05:48 AM