KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Barbatos Vs Zero Hour Parallax

Barbatos Vs Zero Hour Parallax
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Barbatos Vs Zero Hour Parallax

(please log in to view the image)

vs

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 01:43 AM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Probably Parallax.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 01:46 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

I still haven't seen Barbatos done anything impressive on panel

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 03:34 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

At this point we know any solid victory that our heroes had is because Barbatos allowed it, that would include Parallax. On top of that, people who've seen Parallax firsth and still ranked Barbatos higher.

And as for feats: him killing the previous master of the World Forge(a sibling of the Anti-Monitor and Monitors) and making the multiverse recoil/shake by singing/screaming is superior to any feat Parallax has.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 09:26 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
At this point we know any solid victory that our heroes had is because Barbatos allowed it, that would include Parallax. On top of that, people who've seen Parallax firsth and still ranked Barbatos higher.

And as for feats: him killing the previous master of the World Forge(a sibling of the Anti-Monitor and Monitors) and making the multiverse recoil/shake by singing/screaming is superior to any feat Parallax has.

Yeah, but Hal remade literally everything. He was a one man Crisis.

Presumably, that includes Hypertime, other dimensions, other realms. And the Dark Realm and Forge are part of the package.

I'd probably stop short at something like Heaven or Hell, but all the rest is implied in Zero Hour..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 01:01 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Barbatos should obliterate.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 04:00 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Why?

Hal took down Spectre in a straight fight. Barbatos hasn't done much but wait on his minions.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 08:32 PM
xJLxKing

Yeah hard to say how strong Barbatos

He should be able to match universal level beings considering he was “destroying” baby universes.

Regardless so far the answer is Parallax

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 08:35 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by cdtm
Why?

Hal took down Spectre in a straight fight. Barbatos hasn't done much but wait on his minions.

I mean, Barbatos’ mere screaming causes the entire Multiverse to shake/recoil, along with causing the effing Gentry to flee in fear. A presumably weaker incarnation of Barbatos managed to, as MythLord said, defeat/kill a peer of Monitor/Anti-Monitor.

And it’s definitely a measure of Barbatos’ power if one of his servants can defeat the Spectre and put “the most powerful being in the multiverse” in chains.

I also saw you seem to think that Hal remade the Dark Multiverse...even though it’s not actually a part of the DC Multiverse.

Scott Snyder actually implies that the Dark Multiverse is INFINITELY more vast than any scale we’ve ever seen in DC...which would include the 5th dimension/Monitor Realm/etc:

quote:
We thought we knew the entire map of the DC cosmos. We thought we had explored all there was to explore. But now we know that all this time the Multiverse was nothing but a fishbowl, and now we’ve been dumped into the ocean, unleashing terrifying new threats, and wondrous new possibilities._Metal_opened up channels of storytelling that Francis, James, Joshua and I are excited to explore in a big way.

There’s also statements in Metal itself about how the Dark Multiverse makes the entirety of DC microbial by comparison.

Ultimately, I’m pretty sure Parallax is thoroughly outclassed here. Barbatos is literally an order of magnitude or three beyond the likes of the effing Gentry, who are about as meta and godlike as you can get.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 10:39 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Dark Multiverse is essentially a reflection of the Overvoid -- the 'yang' to the Overvoid's 'yin'... They are equal in size/scale. So yes, all realms that comprise Morrison's Multiverse would be microbial in comparison.

...But the 5th dimension does not exist in Morrison's Map of the Multiverse. By all implications, it is beyond the Multiverse entirely... Likely even beyond the Overvoid as well, given Morrison's take on what exactly the 5th dimension represents. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:51 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 10:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The point being I HIGHLY doubt Parallax ever operated on that kind of scale.

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 10:47 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Parallax's best feat is nearly resurrecting the pre-crisis multiverse.

Compared to the Overvoid/Dark Multiverse, however, even the PC multiverse is about the size of a bacteria.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 11:02 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Galan007
Parallax's best feat is nearly resurrecting the pre-crisis multiverse.

Compared to the Overvoid/Dark Multiverse, however, even the PC multiverse is about the size of a bacteria.

What is the Overvoid, again? lol

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 11:04 PM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Primal Monitor.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 11:06 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

So Galan, how do you think Barbatos fares here?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 11:13 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He wins, imo.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 12:15 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

thumb up

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 12:41 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Alright, quick run down:
1. Hal remade a universe not the Multiverse
2. The Dark Multiverse, the World Forge and everything else exist outside the Mainstream Multiverse, regardless
3. Hal never took down Spectre; he just blasted him once and Spectre later returned and judged his ass to oblivion. The Spectre has so far bested Parallax four times, has been stated as powerful enough to destroy Parallax and, despite "fearing it", has overcome it's hold over Hal Jordan.
4. The Batman Who Laughs took down the Spectre, and he's one of Barbatos' underlings.

Barbatos wins.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 10:20 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Alright, quick run down:
No.

As I mentioned, Hal never actually 'remade' anything... He nearly remade cosmology, but was stopped before he was able to do so. That said, Hal was recreating FAR more than a single universe...

"Parallax attempted to create new worlds and timelineS [...] Entire timelineS began to collapse, as alternate realitieS seeped in and out of existence...":
https://i.imgur.com/wXikD1K.jpg

This scan clarifies it even moreso...
"With reality destroyed, Parallax began to recast history [...] He would have created multiple universeS with multiple earths, unwittingly restoring much of what existed before the Crisis...":
https://i.imgur.com/APi6xc9.jpg

*And before the Crisis, there were infinite universes:
https://i.imgur.com/jZ4Z1qy.jpg

...ZH Parallax was well on his way to remaking most of that.

Barbatos wins.
I agree. At the end of the day, Barbatos operates on an infinitely greater scale than Parallax.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 07:41 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 07:29 PM
DarkSaint85

Alright, quick run down:
2. The Dark Multiverse, the World Forge and everything else exist outside the Mainstream Multiverse, regardless
3. Hal never took down Spectre; he just blasted him once and Spectre later returned and judged his ass to oblivion. The Spectre has so far bested Parallax four times, has been stated as powerful enough to destroy Parallax and, despite "fearing it", has overcome it's hold over Hal Jordan.
4. The Batman Who Laughs took down the Spectre, and he's one of Barbatos' underlings.

Barbatos wins.

thumb up good post.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 07:30 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote