KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » American Eagle Vs Bane

American Eagle Vs Bane
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

American Eagle Vs Bane

(please log in to view the image)

No prep.
No BFR.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 09:51 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

That picture of Bane KICKS ASS.

But American Eagle wins.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 10:04 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

American Eagle gave Bullseye one of his worst beatings ever. And that same type of beating is what Bane will give him.

Last edited by Supermutant on Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:40 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 10:26 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I only recently saw that Bullseye best down. Hilarious!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 10:42 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Bane, feats and all.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 11:07 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 11:08 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Bane took down the entire arkham assylum, which included Solomon Grundy.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 11:11 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^yeah, citing Grundy always comes with the caveat which Grundy'.
You shoulda just gone with took down Arkham.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 11:14 PM
Supermutant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

nice what strength level was Thing at?

venom-less Bane

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 11:30 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
what strength level was Thing at?

80 tons.
He's always been one of the most consistent characters in terms of strength i can think of.

EDIT
-Not- saying AE is an 80 tonner, just answering the question.

Last edited by riv6672 on Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 11:37 PM
Supermutant

yeah he's 80-ish tons after a couple of upgrades. he started out around 10 tons or so. Judging by that artwork Thing could have been around a significantly less strength level than his consistent 80-ish tons. That's why the question about it. Either way still a good feat for America Eagle.

Here is Bane w/venom temporary restraining cl 100 Cheetah. Of course current Bane is much stronger and a legit meta.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 11:50 AM
riv6672

No, he was and had been 80 tons for a quite a while by the time American Eagle debuted in MARVEL TWO IN ONE ANNUAL 6 (October 1981).

If anything i erred on the side of caution, as i rounded Ben down to 80 tons.
THE OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE 11 (November 1983) lists him at 85 tons.
Rounding him down by 70-75 tons during that arm wrestling match is way off the mark. Then again, putting Cheetah at 100 tons is way off the mark IMHO.

Again, -not- saying AE is an 80-85 tonner, just answering the question, and now, pointing out that AE -does- have the strength and skill at arm wrestling to stalemate an 85 ton character for 15 minutes.
Arm wrestling isnt fighting of course.
This was more an exercise in doing some research on old books i enjoyed as a kid.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 12:15 PM
riv6672

Actually realized, given the publication dates, AE would be in the handbook too.
These are his stats, barring any power fluctuations in the last 37 years.
His costume's definitely changed for the better:

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 12:57 PM
Supermutant

sigh I said "could have been" not making a definitive statement that's why I asked the question. I also didn't state that Thing was only a class 10 tonner when he arm wrestled AE, only that he started at that level when he first got his powers. I was thinking with the artwork he might have been around 35 or so tons by the AE scan, but like I said nice feat for AE either way.

The Minerva Cheetah definitely has the feats to be cl 100 like stalemating WW in a test of strength but this isn't a Cheetah feats thread, and I don't care enough to post her feats. Anyone can do a simple google search.

Anyways Pre-52 Bane koes Mammoth with one punch.

edit lol your own scan bring out my point about thing's strength level in his early years and how it has grown considerably.

Last edited by Supermutant on Feb 21st, 2018 at 01:35 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 01:28 PM
riv6672

Sure thing, guy.
Sorry about any confusion on my part due to unclear writing on your part.

Aaanyway, while this isnt a Cheetah thread, any more than it is a Thing thread, claiming she's class100 then not showing it is...up to you.
I at least provided info on Ben as it pertains to the AE feat posted by Stiltman, since you seemed...fuzzy, on how strong Ben was/has been, for decades.

TBC, i'm not picking a winner here, just answering a question/trying to keep the thread moving.
If you're going for Bane, thats great, i just havent seen anything super convincing to back that up.
It seems a fairly even match so far/slight edge to AE.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 01:55 PM
Supermutant

You are the only one who thought I was unclear. And stop trying to mischaracterize my position. I specifically referred to Ben's strength upgrade doing his early days. A point which your own handbook scan confirms. Speaking of which 1983 isn't the same as 1981. A lot can happen to a character in 2 years. Plus handbook are notorious for being outdated or flat out wrong. Moreover we are discussing a specific story. I seem to remember Kazar fighting AE and AE's brother with his same powers being killed by a gunshot

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 03:30 PM
riv6672

quote:
You are the only one who thought I was unclear

Duh, i'm the only one thats responded since you made the statement(s).

As for the rest of your post, eh, whatcha gonna do?
I'm not looking to try and change the pick of Bane, of the guy with Bane in his sig.

But like i said, you've presented no real evidence other than lowballing Ben, intentionally or not, and saying Cheetah's class100, with no real proof.

Respond, or dont, i dont mind either way, right now, from the few responses this thread produced, nothing's making may say Bane wins.

Hell, AE can likely blitz Bane. He moves at 65mph.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 10:25 PM
Supermutant

Originally posted by riv6672
Duh, i'm the only one thats responded since you made the statement(s).

The point is Duh, your response is irrelevant b/c you continue to focus on current/ modern Thing who was absolutely not a part of my question. Also my question wasn't directed at you and for good reason as you have proven not to possess the knowledge or comprehension for a correct answer.

For instance according to your logic if I am questioning this by stating:

That Power-Man stalemating the Thing 80-ish ton leveler may have context. Is by your logic tying to lowball Ben when in fact, duh b/c I know how comics work I am looking for the correct context.

Which is that Ben didn't even have his powers so he definitely wasn't at an 80-ish ton level. He was using a Thing exo-suit designed by Reed.

And since you like outdated handbooks so much:

lol Spider-Man with the same strength level as the Silver Surfer and Colossus. But according to you we should just accept this b/c it was in a Marvel handbook.

By the way this same young version of Colossus with only puny Parker level strength was able to stalemate Thing in an arm-wrestling contest. Until he got distracted by Kitty. So apparently 80ish tonner Thing becomes much weaker in arm wrestling, or maybe early Thing didn't have 80ish ton level strength until his future upgraded. Plus a lot of things no pun intended are comic issue or arc specific, things that a handbook would not address.

And here is early Thing again struggling with a vaguely defined multi-ton press.
How many tons who knows?

But like i said, you've presented no real evidence other than lowballing Ben, intentionally or not, and saying Cheetah's class100, with no real proof.

lol this is rich coming from you. You who basically do the same thing in every thread even your own. You troll your own threads w/out any meaningful proof of anything, then when you get called out on it you either run or start with personal attacks. lol You have not posted anything that shows why Bane would lose.

Respond, or dont, i dont mind either way, right now, from the few responses this thread produced, nothing's making may say Bane wins.

lol again the only feat showed for AE is a non combat feat which means really nothing especially since Bane has better off of Venom and pre-52 weaker version at that.

Hell, AE can likely blitz Bane. He moves at 65mph.

lol I will be waiting to see these combat speed feats of AE at 65 mph. Let me know if you need help finding them.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 04:27 AM
riv6672

Like i said, you havent done anything but try and lowball Ben to lowball AE, and start making personal attacks since i've refuted your lowballing and questioned your class100 Cheetah claims.
And thats fine, as personal attacks entertain me.
The best part is, you claim i'm trolling, yet havent been mature enough to not keep engaging me, which is what trolls want.

So, since this thread hasnt drawn anyone but you, i'm going to file the results under a win for AE, as he's likely stronger and he's faster.
Feel free to consider -that- trolling, too.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 05:41 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Supermutant
The point is Duh, your response is irrelevant b/c you continue to focus on current/ modern Thing who was absolutely not a part of my question. Also my question wasn't directed at you and for good reason as you have proven not to possess the knowledge or comprehension for a correct answer.

For instance according to your logic if I am questioning this by stating:

That Power-Man stalemating the Thing 80-ish ton leveler may have context. Is by your logic tying to lowball Ben when in fact, duh b/c I know how comics work I am looking for the correct context.

Which is that Ben didn't even have his powers so he definitely wasn't at an 80-ish ton level. He was using a Thing exo-suit designed by Reed.

And since you like outdated handbooks so much:

lol Spider-Man with the same strength level as the Silver Surfer and Colossus. But according to you we should just accept this b/c it was in a Marvel handbook.

By the way this same young version of Colossus with only puny Parker level strength was able to stalemate Thing in an arm-wrestling contest. Until he got distracted by Kitty. So apparently 80ish tonner Thing becomes much weaker in arm wrestling, or maybe early Thing didn't have 80ish ton level strength until his future upgraded. Plus a lot of things no pun intended are comic issue or arc specific, things that a handbook would not address.

And here is early Thing again struggling with a vaguely defined multi-ton press.
How many tons who knows?

lol this is rich coming from you. You who basically do the same thing in every thread even your own. You troll your own threads w/out any meaningful proof of anything, then when you get called out on it you either run or start with personal attacks. lol You have not posted anything that shows why Bane would lose.

lol again the only feat showed for AE is a non combat feat which means really nothing especially since Bane has better off of Venom and pre-52 weaker version at that.

lol I will be waiting to see these combat speed feats of AE at 65 mph. Let me know if you need help finding them.

u got the scan of eagle beating bullseye? i thought this thread waa about jack flag for some reason

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 07:30 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote