KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Worthy Tournament - Odds Thread

Worthy Tournament - Odds Thread
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Worthy Tournament - Odds Thread

Place your bets folks.

(please log in to view the image)

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 08:02 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Lol that's the only reason why you wanted this tourney!!

I am as always, the underdog. Loki is the source of my powers, and Surfer is Surfer.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 09:04 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

If the baseline is 7/1...

Bentley: 21/1 - seemingly a horrible matchup, but if this were an actual betting line, I'd happily put some cash on Bentley with the potential payout, given Kang's sneakiness.
DS: 18/1 - While Creel is an excellent draft, this is another matchup issue as DS states above me. However, two out of three combatants will escape this match, so a slipup by either could vault DS into not just better odds, but competitive odds with anyone.
LoB: 14/1 - He'll be the favorite in Round 1 because of the matchup, but it's LoB. If he takes his meds and comes with his A-game, he'll be more difficult to beat. If the poodle-rage takes over and he's reduced to red text, though, anything is possible. This is like the team with the talent to beat anyone, but inconsistency mars their record.
Beatboks: 8/1 - Id and Boks both have solid drafts and plenty of debating chops. Slight edge to Id for having been to the winner's circle before in these things.
Id: 6/1 - See above.
Leo/Supermutant: 4/1 - The statistically easiest R1 matchup (along with DS) since 66% of the entrants will get to round two. Backed with one of the high herald standard bearers (Surfer) and oodles of tourney experience (Leo).

Last edited by Digi on Mar 15th, 2018 at 01:18 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 01:16 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

nice.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 01:48 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Imagine if this could be done interactive and actual bets could be placed?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 02:31 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I hoped Leos Loki would match up against Beats Hellstrom

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 02:36 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by "Id"
Imagine if this could be done interactive and actual bets could be placed?

If I weren't judging and this were true, I'd throw some money at Bentley on the off chance that LoB rage-fails and/or Kang has a massively interesting plan. Also probably Supermutant just from the combo of the safest draft and favorable R1 matchup. Literally every pick is reasonable and powerful as hell, so I don't see an obvious "avoid" candidate.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 02:53 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Odds
Leo vs supermutant vs DS: I got Leo. Old man is crafty and we gave have him extra take to draft and feed him after midnight which is a a big no no

Bentley vs LoB: I got LoB.

Id vs Beats: I can take him. I give myself all the best odds. Come at bro!

Last edited by "Id" on Mar 15th, 2018 at 05:46 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 05:44 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Why would you not make a poll? Dambo is dropping the ball left and right here.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 05:45 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

(please log in to view the image)

Me by the end of all this.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing Hellstrom and Loki in action. The bigger wildcards in my opinion.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:35 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I see for sheer entertainment value I should've stuck to Krypto.

IF I get through, I will use him thumb up Mungi can judge.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 08:13 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Everyone save Damborgson a headache and submit your write ups through http://text-share.com. Believe me this forum is pure ass when it comes to quote copy paste.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 02:58 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Nobody using my well thought out odds to place bets...

sad

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 03:15 PM
DarkSaint85

I bet on myself, because despite being the underdog in my match, and despite drawing attention to myself, I'd like to think my debating will carry me through despite having a relatively weaker character.

LoB and Id to win their matches. Supermutant is the other from my match, just because it's Surfer....

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 03:19 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I bet on myself, because despite being the underdog in my match, and despite drawing attention to myself, I'd like to think my debating will carry me through despite having a relatively weaker character.

LoB and Id to win their matches. Supermutant is the other from my match, just because it's Surfer....

I don't think Creel is weaker, given that Mjolnir is in the match. But you're maybe perceiving it compared to your banned drafts, which were indeed more powerful. When I was going to participate, he was among those I considered. And despite Loki's creation of Absorbing Man, I'm not sure he can reverse it. So it's likely more narrative than functional. So you may be right that your odds are higher than they should be in my list up there.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 03:31 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol

i think i'll manage to come up with something functional in my match--i don't have to be the bestest, just can't be the worstest. i'm holding out for bentley in his match. i got the faith mon ami! id's match could be the closest call but i've always been a fan of the shaman so i'll stick with him.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 04:44 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by leonidas
lol

i think i'll manage to come up with something functional in my match--i don't have to be the bestest, just can't be the worstest. i'm holding out for bentley in his match. i got the faith mon ami! id's match could be the closest call but i've always been a fan of the shaman so i'll stick with him.

Basically is supermutant our agreed top dog lol

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 04:46 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

well, i mean surfer IS surfer. only reason i didn't take him was because i thought it would be too easy to win with him. i mean, anyone who has surfer and DOESN'T win should probably retire their kmc membership and hide forever in shame....

heh

shifty

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 05:26 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Technically, iirc, Thor and Hawkeye are the most decorated draftees in KMC tourney history (three wins each), though my old stats thread hasn't been fully updated for recent stuff. Regardless, Damborg did a nice job leveling the playing field. Clearly anyone who took Odinson would waltz to a victory, so taking him out of the equation was the only fair choice.

yes

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 05:33 PM
Supermutant

Digi odds makes a lot of sense. With the right plan anyone can win. Even weak Loki with Thor' s power and hammer combine with his magic. Yea SS is vastly more powerful than Loki, remember that judges.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 09:50 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote