KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » My Xmen vs JLA

My Xmen vs JLA
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

My Xmen vs JLA

Xmen:

Classic Juggernaut
God Cable
Exodus
Magneto (classic)
Xman
Storm

vs

JLA:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Flash
Aquaman
Lantern

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 6th, 2018 04:47 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Blah blah blah speed blitz blah blah blah dynamic strength blah blah blah telepathy.

Alright, I think I've just accurately summed up what the next four pages of butt hurt replies are gonna be about.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 04:54 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cant really see the JLA losing to that group.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 05:04 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by deathslash
Blah blah blah speed blitz blah blah blah dynamic strength blah blah blah telepathy.

Alright, I think I've just accurately summed up what the next four pages of butt hurt replies are gonna be about.

thumb up

Old Post May 6th, 2018 05:13 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by riv6672

You sure?

Old Post May 6th, 2018 05:39 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Superman likely solos.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 06:10 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

And so it begins...

Old Post May 6th, 2018 06:47 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by carver9
You sure?

Pretty sure, yeah.
None of the JLA solo, though.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 09:46 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Pretty sure, yeah.
None of the JLA solo, though.

Storm has the power of Thor at this present time. I think they're a bit more even than some are letting on. She also just defeated the Adversary on her own. Huge feat for her, and she didn't even have her hammer at that time.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 01:54 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

thumb up

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post May 6th, 2018 02:59 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

blah blah blah telepathy blah blah blah

Old Post May 6th, 2018 04:21 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Storm sucks. Hammer or not

Old Post May 6th, 2018 04:57 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Stoic
Storm has the power of Thor at this present time. I think they're a bit more even than some are letting on. She also just defeated the Adversary on her own. Huge feat for her, and she didn't even have her hammer at that time.

Considering the -actual- Thor has gotten beat by pretty much the entire JLA in individual threads here, i’ll stick to my original pick.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 06:07 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Considering the -actual- Thor has gotten beat by pretty much the entire JLA in individual threads here, i’ll stick to my original pick.

That really doesn't mean that it would happen in an actual comic book right? If Thor was a member of the JLA he would go down as being one of their most powerful members ever. I think that the Juggernaut is being played down on this forum as well when you consider that at his best he could takes hit's from high class 100's as if he was barely touched, if at all. The JL may win this, but it's hardly as one sided as some may believe imo.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 06:32 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's pretty stupid. I don't know how you can argue lantern or Diana beating Thor

Old Post May 6th, 2018 06:43 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faceless808
Lurking since 2009

But speed blitz and dynamic strength are part of the JL's abilities. Is it that much harder to swallow than Hulk's dynamic strength, Juggernaut's invulnerability, Silver Surfer's ability to do anything and Sentry's all powerful reality manipulation?

Inspired by AlbertoJohnAvil with special thanks to Damborgson

Old Post May 6th, 2018 07:05 PM
Faceless808 is currently offline Click here to Send Faceless808 a Private Message Find more posts by Faceless808 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

That really doesn't mean that it would happen in an actual comic book right? If Thor was a member of the JLA he would go down as being one of their most powerful members ever. I think that the Juggernaut is being played down on this forum as well when you consider that at his best he could takes hit's from high class 100's as if he was barely touched, if at all. The JL may win this, but it's hardly as one sided as some may believe imo.
Juggernaut is a toughy no doubt about that, but he's not an indestructible toughy. That's an important distinction considering that almost his sole avenues of attacks are "walk into my toughy punches".

He should be considered more of a toughy than Superman. But what he should not be is considered tough to the point of invincible to the levels of attacks here. However long it takes, some of the characters here have more than enough gusto to tough his lights out. Maybe he toughs out an attack that would KO Thor tens times over, but eventually it's going to accumulate past his toughness and he'll be all toughed out.

At best he's a perpetual stalemate for one of these toughies. At worst he gets whipped across the battlefield while they team up and force one of these pussies to tough it out two on one against some JLA members.

Him going shot for shot with Superman is different than him being a slow toughy against full power Superman. Even ignoring speed, Superman has the toughness to seperate Juggernaut from consciousness. Again, maybe not instantly, but they're going to add up, and Toughernaut will be sleep

The difference between Juggernaut and the DC bricks you're likely thinking of to contrast the two, is that those DC bricks are arguably stronger than Superman, and they have some degree of superspeed. Juggernaut is not and does not outside very few showings. He'll just be some tough swinging dick here swatting at people on or above his level of strength.
His toughness is offset by his underwhelming strength in comparison. I'd wager that it'd take a comparable number of shots from him to KO Superman as it would for Superman to KO Toughernaut. And that's being fair to him, and it's a lot more likely for Superman to land those shots. Even if you double the amount for Superman. Times it by 10 for that matter.

His tough runs out here. He might knock out Martian Manhunter though.

Last edited by One Big Mob on May 6th, 2018 at 07:10 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2018 07:07 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

A lot of people is missing a huge factor in this fight that the JLA have to cope with while fighting other members of the Xmen. Think about it for a second.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 07:13 PM
riv6672

I agree w. you, but, thats not how these fights play out on the site, unfortunately.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 07:20 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
A lot of people is missing a huge factor in this fight that the JLA have to cope with while fighting other members of the Xmen. Think about it for a second.

You left BFR on, which means even the physically weakest on the JLA team (Flash) is able to IMP Juggernaut and BFR him? I agree.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 07:46 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote