KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sentry vs Molecule Man (this is it)

Sentry vs Molecule Man (this is it)
Started by: One Big Mob

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

Sentry vs Molecule Man (this is it)

They fight somewhere.

Couple Sentrys and Molecule Mans to take into consideration and match them up as you please, or talk of them in general discussion as you please.

Seige/Dark Reign era Sentry
Death Seed Sentry
Current Sentry

Fantastic Four Annual Molecule Man
Dark Reign era Molecule Man
Hickman Molecule Man
Current Molecule Man

I'm sure it can be figured out from there.

(please log in to view the image)

Ps. If this has to be moved, move it to the Battlezone. Why? Who knows?

Old Post May 27th, 2018 05:49 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will not debate here and I will create a Battlezone thread once we have had an agreement on the rules with Enzeru.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 05:53 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealityWarper
I will not debate here and I will create a Battlezone thread once we have had an agreement on the rules with Enzeru.

What rules, you coward? Just post your god damn argument already.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 06:26 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Enzeru
What rules, you coward? Just post your god damn argument already.

You agreed to make a Battlezone with me and now you are backtracking.

Who's the coward ?

Old Post May 27th, 2018 06:52 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

I don't know much about these characters. Can someone post a feat or two? smile

Old Post May 27th, 2018 06:54 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by Facee
I don't know much about these characters. Can someone post a feat or two? smile

Well, we have the entire battle between the two:

https://www.quora.com/If-Rune-King-...ry-defeated-him

Old Post May 27th, 2018 07:21 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^good shit, thanks. thumb up

Old Post May 29th, 2018 09:42 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Sentry ruins Owen. This really shouldn't be a question... I mean we saw the entire encounter, and found out that Owen lacks the tools to defeat a concept like being like the Sentry. The Sentry, the Void, and DS Sentry are simply puppets of varying degrees of power. DS Sentry being the most powerful of the puppets by far. They're solidified projections of Bob's mind but given total autonomy to act. Owen is toast here.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 01:11 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Owen. One low showing does not make Sentry his better

Old Post May 30th, 2018 01:50 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Owen. One low showing does not make Sentry his better

This goes beyond low showing. Owen literally does not have the tools to deal with Bob. Owen has one life, Sentry has an infinite number. Break one Sentry, and Bob whips up another one. This goes beyond Owens ability to destroy one of Bob's constructs. We know that Owen can physically destroy the Sentry. The problem comes when Sentry comes right back and puts the whammy on Owen. Owen can't resist or come back from the defeat as quickly as Bob can bring the Sentry back. Haven't you been paying attention? Not to be rude, but Bob has to be defeated or the Sentry has God Mode status.

Last edited by Stoic on May 30th, 2018 at 02:13 AM

Old Post May 30th, 2018 02:08 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Stoic
This goes beyond low showing. Owen literally does not have the tools to deal with Bob. Owen has one life, Sentry has an infinite number. Break one Sentry, and Bob whips up another one. This goes beyond Owens ability to destroy one of Bob's constructs. We know that Owen can physically destroy the Sentry. The problem comes when Sentry comes right back and puts the whammy on Owen. Owen can't resist or come back from the defeat as quickly as Bob can bring the Sentry back. Haven't you been paying attention? Not to be rude, but Bob has to be defeated or the Sentry has God Mode status.

I think youre over selling Bob. Plus the same argument that Sentry fans to hand wave Bobs low feat can be used to argue for Owen who has better high end feats by a mile

Old Post May 30th, 2018 02:24 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I think youre over selling Bob. Plus the same argument that Sentry fans to hand wave Bobs low feat can be used to argue for Owen who has better high end feats by a mile

Not really. You're crossing different forms of combat in an attempt to quantify the caliber of opponents. It doesn't work that way, and who did you see defeat DS Sentry? Sentry, Void, DS Sentry are all the same guy at different stages or circumstances. Bob learned how to use his powers when he upset Owen. You're entire argument falls apart if you consider the learning curve that Bob had to go through in order to use his powers to the extent that he shows as DS Sentry. Owen would lose again if they fought again.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 03:20 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Not really. You're crossing different forms of combat in an attempt to quantify the caliber of opponents. It doesn't work that way, and who did you see defeat DS Sentry? Sentry, Void, DS Sentry are all the same guy at different stages or circumstances. Bob learned how to use his powers when he upset Owen. You're entire argument falls apart if you consider the learning curve that Bob had to go through in order to use his powers to the extent that he shows as DS Sentry. Owen would lose again if they fought again.

Well for 1. DS Sentry isnt just Sentry...hes Sentry plus the Death Seed. 2 that MM fight was an outlier and Owen wasnt mentally all there (a common argument used in defense of Sentry.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 03:52 AM
riv6672

quote:
1. DS Sentry isnt just Sentry...hes Sentry plus the Death Seed

I keep seeing the two used interchangeably, but never saw the point in pointing it out, as there’s usually so much else the ppl that do it ignore.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 04:10 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Any version of MM out side of Dark Regin MM would wreck Sentry a$$ period, Current MM is too of the charts for any version of Sentry, MM just pees on him its over. The dude put the whole omniverse/multiverse in a shoe box, a shoe box What the f**k? , evil Molecule Man which was the most powerful incarnation of MM battle the beyonder to the point tha battle almost cause the multiverse to collapse on top of each other, cause a watcher in another universe to go blind. Sorry, not sorry MM wins.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 04:51 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love you (platonically).

Old Post May 30th, 2018 04:24 PM
xJLxKing

All these Sentry fans will be seriously disappointed with the Sentry series

I do expect Marvel to keep an entire series ongoing with a Superman clone who is apparently (by some Sentry fans) the strongest being in the multiverse next to only TOAA

He will probably be kept at a similar level as Hulk but with ththe potential of going all darkside with his Void persona

Old Post May 30th, 2018 05:28 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Ugh, business as usual in a sentry thread.

Anyway, Stark's SPIN tech depowered sentry so you can be damn sure that a universal scale reality warper can too.

Not to mention that i recall several KO's/temp. KO's/straining to do trivial things for the sentry.

Im also having trouble seeing what sentry could do if... say Owen breaks apart the laws of physics (like in the Beyonder battle)? Or perhaps crush the universe in his hands, like his inferior Kubik was able to do? Or hell, just warp sentry out of existence?

Old Post May 30th, 2018 09:52 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Well for 1. DS Sentry isnt just Sentry...hes Sentry plus the Death Seed. 2 that MM fight was an outlier and Owen wasnt mentally all there (a common argument used in defense of Sentry.

Trying to understand how his mental instability would change the fact that Sentry came back and defeated him? What so if he were mentally stable he'd somehow change the outcome of Sentry finding out that he too could manipulate molecules on that level? When Owen invited Galactus into his pocket universe and asked him o take a seat, was he mentally stable? I saw a crack pot. Actually he appeared to be more stable when he lost to the Sentry than he was when he had his conversation with Galactus. I don't think that your argument is strong enough to deny that Sentry legitimately defeated Owen with ease.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 09:55 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by operator616
Ugh, business as usual in a sentry thread.

Anyway, Stark's SPIN tech depowered sentry so you can be damn sure that a universal scale reality warper can too.

Not to mention that i recall several KO's/temp. KO's/straining to do trivial things for the sentry.

Im also having trouble seeing what sentry could do if... say Owen breaks apart the laws of physics (like in the Beyonder battle)? Or perhaps crush the universe in his hands, like his inferior Kubik was able to do? Or hell, just warp sentry out of existence?

Molecule Man failed to do what you described.

It wasn't SPIN tech but a power drainer.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 10:00 PM