KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Piotr Rasputin vs. Benjamin Grimm

Piotr Rasputin vs. Benjamin Grimm
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Piotr Rasputin vs. Benjamin Grimm

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

Both powerless. No weapons, pure hand-to-hand combat.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 02:21 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

They're both trained fighters but Peter got the size advantage. Peter wins.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 02:26 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
Piotr is trained in being a can.

Ben knocks him out in the first round easily

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 02:42 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ben, easily.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 04:48 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

He's also stronger.

Piotr wins.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 02:35 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Piotr bodies Ben.

Dies of a heart attack right after.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 02:48 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by juggernaut74
He's also stronger.

Oh yes. He legit has low level super human strength even in human form. I wish I had the scans handy of him lifting sh|t no normal human being (even a trained powerlifter) would be able to do.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 03:15 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Oh yes. He legit has low level super human strength even in human form.

thumb up

He's had other good feats, such as breaking Sinister's back with a single punch or beating Whiplash II (with Kitty's help, but still a very impressive showing).

Of course, Ben is not exactly featless either.

I wish I had the scans handy of him lifting sh|t no normal human being (even a trained powerlifter) would be able to do.

Anything particular you have in mind?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 03:37 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ben would still outskill him.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 04:15 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Piotr restrained Beast, impressing Hank with his strength.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 05:01 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by riv6672
Ben would still outskill him.

Would he?

Ben had better training at first, sure, but now? After all those countless hours of training in the Danger Room and learning from the other X-Men?

Piotr restrained Beast, impressing Hank with his strength.

Issue?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 05:05 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Early 90s X-Men.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 05:06 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Piotr hit a baseball and hit a airplane once in human form.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 05:10 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Would he?

Yeah.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 05:12 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Ben's skill isn't nothing Colossus hasn't faced before. Piotr was trained by Logan for years.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 10:58 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Not to mention all hours Peter puts in training in the Danger Room. Ben does NOT have a skill advantage.

Peter is younger, stronger, and has the size/weight advantage. He'd beat Ben into a coma.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 01:05 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Ben's skill isn't nothing Colossus hasn't faced before. Piotr was trained by Logan for years.

Not just Logan.

Ororo and Kurt, too:

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...usvshulk015.jpg

X-Men learned a great deal from each other, it was mentioned many times.

PS. Thanks for the scan thumb up

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 01:14 AM
riv6672

I dont mind being in the minority here.

I dont consider Wolvie to be one of comics’, or even Marvel's best fighters (he takes 20 hits give 1), and Storm, Kurt, Cyclops etc. are just competent professionals, not A list top ten-ers.
So, same would go for Colossus.

There’s a -reason- Ben gets brought up in a fair amount of h2h related threads, ppl.

Because he’s good.

You look up bios of the character from across the net, they're more than likely are going to mention his h2h skill (and indomitable will). Thats because it’s (they are) worth mentioning.
Cant say that about Colossus. He falls under the unbrella of ‘yeah, he can fight, because super heroes can fight’.
Ben is not under that unbrella, as he’s a much better fighter.

The below is from the MARVEL DATABASE, it speaks to what i just said:

quote:
He is uniquely gifted in the art of hand-to-hand combat (a skill Ben honed long before he became the Thing), though his fighting style tends to be a rather loose brawling technique all his own. This style often incorporates collegiate wrestling techniques, Boxing (as he has been stated to have spent hours upon hours honing his boxing skills in the gym during college), and on at least one occasion even Jujutsu. In his youth, Ben was a talented football player.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Benjamin_Grimm_(Earth-616)

This is what it says about Colossus’ fighting ability:

quote:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Piotr_Rasputin_(Earth-616)

Feel free to blow all this off, just clarifying my stance to show i’m not just choosing Ben because i like one character better or some other MB shenanigan.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 05:03 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Why didn't you paste the part about being an expert combatant?

Also, it's a wiki.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 09:02 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^damn, too much copy pasting to make the post.

I wanted to contrast Ben being called uniquely gifted to Colossus being described as simply skilled:

quote:
Even though Peter has a gentle demeanor and personality, he is a skilled hand to hand combatant who utilizes judo and wrestling techniques. He also received some training personally from Wolverine and honed himself through years of combat training within the X-Men's Danger Room.

Also, yes its a wiki, wasnt trying to hide that, i did say ‘across the net’ and post links.

I find it interesting that both it, and the guys here, touch on Wolvie training and the damger room.
The danger room is for building teamwork and improving use of powers, so, dont really see how it hugely factors into an unarmored 1 on 1 h2h fight.

And the Wolvie training, again, not that impressive, considering, well, its Wolvie.

PETER: ‘Logan, in the case of multiple opponents, what should i, in my squishy, easy to hurt, human form do, to not get the shitski beat out of me?’

WOLVIE: ‘Best defense is a good offense, bub; just run at them screaming loud as you can, then after they tire themselves out hitting you, shrug off all the damage, and disembowel them. Simple.’

PETER: ‘Say whatski?’

WOLVIE: ‘Trust me, works every time. Pass me a beer.’

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 09:57 AM