KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain Comet Vs Psylocke

Captain Comet Vs Psylocke
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Captain Comet Vs Psylocke

(please log in to view the image)

vs

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 08:32 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Comet. Even that version which wasn't as physically strong as he used to be.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 08:36 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Comet. Even that version which wasn't as physically strong as he used to be.

Agreed. He may not have been as strong or durable butnhe was massively amped in tye tp/tk department from former body.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 10:04 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

That and he kind of had Teleportation powers as well in that story.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 04:05 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Flyattractor
That and he kind of had Teleportation powers as well in that story.

His teleportation was carried on into stories afterward likenRann Thanagar holly war. As was the change in powers. The time limitation however.could be problematic in its use. Port within a moderate range (planetary) and he couldnt port for another 10 minutes (IIRC). Port interplanetary and he had an hr downtime to next port. Bad luck if he ports into Shite

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 06:29 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah. Psy pretty much aint got no real chance in this fight unless She has her Light Saber Powers from the Apoc Movies.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 06:48 AM
StyleTime

Comet definitely has better TK than current Betsy. What's his most recent TP level?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2018 12:08 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by StyleTime
Comet definitely has better TK than current Betsy. What's his most recent TP level?

Comet manipulates the minds of thousands of soldiers and forces them to leave

1. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/...ures_015_07.jpg
url]
---------------------------------------------
Comet mentions he has read the 7 million minds on the planet

1. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/...2Week31-006.jpg
---------------------------------------------
Comet mentions his telepathy can extend 5 light years (1 light year=5,865,696,000,000 miles).

1. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/.../Space31-01.jpg

*all pre-telepathy upgrade with his new body. His younger body killed multiple clone copies of his old body. Much more powerful in telepathy then his “old” body

Here its revealed Comet is a class A telepath, and only his type can take down Bizarro. This class C tries, but fails. Later on in the story he easily controls bizarro multiple times

1. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/...2/sa_04_015.jpg
2. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/...2/sa_04_016.jpg

Respect thread
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=2835.0

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2018 12:13 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

He has casually TP wrecked several clones of his his pre resurrection body
Mr Miracle actually having some actual physical feats

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...5+-+page+15.jpg

in this page 4 at once on the previous page 2 at once.

He also nTP rewired the brain of the Wierd
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...zgmh6aw21hz.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...f+the+weird.jpg

MMH struggled vs the Weird and it took a dozen of those clones of his former body to alter only a single memory of the weird.

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...
ird+.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...f+the+weird.jpg

Remember that these clones are of the body that TP linked all GLs' Darkstars and LEGION members in a battle. That TP sent a message to Kyle raynor 5 light years away. Tht TP stomped Grodd, that have TP read an entire city, scanned an entire dimension (that ones obviosly very hard to quantify) and have made a city block see what he wants them to. I can provide scans but I'm sure most are in KM's respect thread.

Really Betsy shouldn't have a leg to stand on here. If we allow his TK that has also overpowered and controlled the energy of Power Ring (crime syndicate), Sinestro, and Kyle Raynorand used it against them AND TK shielded from Onimar Synn the game works out even worse for Betsy.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2018 02:30 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I should point out the scans and answers above were not his most recent. They were his level at the end of the pre flashpoint era. I I haven't actually read his new 52 material. I've seen in Threads and a few scans inferring that he is above his previous level but don't know the context of said scans

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2018 11:39 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Can't properly quote KM but wanted to ask about this--

quote:
Comet mentions he has read the 7 million minds on the planet

1._http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/...2Week31-006.jpg

The scan is blurry so I couldn't read it well, and don't know if it's out of context. Is it talking about a different planet? Because it's in the billions, not millions. So unless it's a less populated planet, either it meant how many minds he read, or it's a typo.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 12:13 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

It’s an Alien planet

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 12:15 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Ah ok, thanks.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 12:16 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

the planet was under attack and more then likely that’s all the people that were left

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 12:28 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by beatboks
Agreed. He may not have been as strong or durable butnhe was massively amped in tye tp/tk department from former body.

He was also a coward, and not really as smart as older Comet.

Hated what Starlin did to him only slightly less then how he ruined Bizarro Superman.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 01:14 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by cdtm
He was also a coward, and not really as smart as older Comet.

Hated what Starlin did to him only slightly less then how he ruined Bizarro Superman.

I wouldnt say he was a coward. Yes he ported out of danger a few times with his new power of teleportation but then he was no longer physically invulnerable. It's easy to be brave when nothing can hurt you and only common sense to get the f out of the road when you're about to get slaughtered. If anything he became quite a bit more ruthless willing to rip minds apart, blow up large areas where his enemiesbwete killing them etc. Do things his pre resurrection self would never have even considered

There's no denying though that he was no longer the genius he was pre Resurrection

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 01:20 AM
cdtm

Mainly talking about how Synarr made him "choose" to join his band.

Beating him to death over and over again. Yeah, just about anyone normal would give in, too, but not most hero types. Hell, Guy Gardner probably wouldn't.

And what's the point of a choice under duress anyways. Why not just mind control them, if you're going that far?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 01:26 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Mainly talking about how Synarr made him "choose" to join his band.

Beating him to death over and over again. Yeah, just about anyone normal would give in, too, but not most hero types. Hell, Guy Gardner probably wouldn't.

And what's the point of a choice under duress anyways. Why not just mind control them, if you're going that far?

Not sure what your referring to. To my recollection of Rann Thanagar holy war he didnt join Synnar. He was scared by what he saw in Synnars mind but still opposed him. Will have to pull the issues and reread.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 01:33 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by beatboks
Not sure what your referring to. To my recollection of Rann Thanagar holy war he didnt join Synnar. He was scared by what he saw in Synnars mind but still opposed him. Will have to pull the issues and reread.

Did you read where The Weird jacked his powers? I think the conclusion of that story is where Synarr turns Bizarro into a normal talking two bit thug, and makes everyone agree to a pact so he could fulfill some prophecy on his way to conquering the Presence (What made it hilarious, is Starlin chose Hawkman as a member of this prophecy. And since it's Hawkman, he suddenly wasn't available anymore. So, evolving prophecy gets new member. smile. )

Last edited by cdtm on Jul 24th, 2018 at 01:42 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 01:40 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Did you read where The Weird jacked his powers? I think the conclusion of that story is where Synarr turns Bizarro into a normal talking two bit thug, and makes everyone agree to a pact so he could fulfill some prophecy on his way to conquering the Presence (What made it hilarious, is Starlin chose Hawkman as a member of this prophecy. And since it's Hawkman, he suddenly wasn't available anymore. So, evolving prophecy gets new member. smile. )

None of that rings a bell and that does sound f'd up.

When's that from??

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 01:47 AM