KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Donna Troy, Starfire vs Namora, Captain Marvel

Donna Troy, Starfire vs Namora, Captain Marvel
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Donna Troy, Starfire vs Namora, Captain Marvel

Fight takes place on Earth no civilians present for hundreds of miles.

Captain Marvel is Carol Danvers in case there's a mix up.

No BFR.

who wins?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 08:11 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Is Carol allowed to go Binary? Because that's T2's only hope and even then......

T1 for the majority.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 08:17 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
Is Carol allowed to go Binary? Because that's T2's only hope and even then......

T1 for the majority.

Really? I thought that this was a pretty even match. Are you sure?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 08:58 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by Stoic
Really? I thought that this was a pretty even match. Are you sure?

Oh yeah. Either one of the ladies on T1 would break either of the ladies on T2. Carol going Binary would be a good fight for either of T1 though. I actually see Carol beating Kori in her Binary form but losing to Donna via lasso cheese.

IMHO it goes like this :
Donna vs Carol (non Binary) - Donna easily
Donna vs Carol (Binary) - Donna via lasso bullsh|t
Donna vs Namora - Donna easily
Starfire vs Namora - Starfire stomps (horrible matchup for Namora)
Starfire vs Carol (non Binary) - Starfire
Starfire vs Carol (Binary) - Carol

So the majority of matchups favor T1.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 09:03 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Oh yeah. Either one of the ladies on T1 would break either of the ladies on T2. Carol going Binary would be a good fight for either of T1 though. I actually see Carol beating Kori in her Binary form but losing to Donna via lasso cheese.

IMHO it goes like this :
Donna vs Carol (non Binary) - Donna easily
Donna vs Carol (Binary) - Donna via lasso bullsh|t
Donna vs Namora - Donna easily
Starfire vs Namora - Starfire stomps (horrible matchup for Namora)
Starfire vs Carol (non Binary) - Starfire
Starfire vs Carol (Binary) - Carol

So the majority of matchups favor T1.

Has Donna grown that powerful? Should I have put Jane Thor in instead of Carol? And why do you think Namora gets easily stomped? I thought that she was on Namor's level? This is why I asked if you were sure. What makes Starfire superior to Carol?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 09:08 PM
zopzop
The Weeknd

Has Donna grown that powerful? Should I have put Jane Thor in instead of Carol? And why do you think Namora gets easily stomped? I thought that she was on Namor's level? This is why I asked if you were sure. What makes Starfire superior to Carol?

Donna is WW with a different lasso and bracers (basically).

Namora would get deep fried by Starfire's starbolts and Starfire is her physical superior. Donna is also Namora's physical superior AND she has unbreakable magical gear. Also, Namora is nowhere near Namor in terms of physical stats.

Starfire has held her own vs CL100 beings, non Binary Carol isn't on that level. Binary is a different story. I see her as Starfire+. But that won't make a difference. Starfire can hold Binary off long enough for Donna to end Namora, then it's two on one vs Binay. Donna lassos Binary. Fight over.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 09:12 PM
StyleTime

I assume these are the post-crisis versions.

With Carol's strength creep over the years, I could totally see her taking on Starfire now tbh.

Namora has showings against Hulk and such that we could scale strength/durability off of, but lacks in other areas. She has no ranged options. She's the slowest on the field. She has no unconventional methods of attack. She needs to drag the fight to the water. There's a lot of negatives in her corner that point to her being the weakest link. I feel like Donna or Starfire would have to get into a slugfest for Namora to really hang in this, and that isn't likely in a forum match.

Meanwhile, Donna is probably the class of the field, and enjoys a significant speed advantage over Namora. We could debate Carol/Kory, but Namora is almost guaranteed to lose vs either Titan.

Gotta give this to Donna/Kory.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 5th, 2018 at 10:25 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 10:11 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbelAnderson

Team 1, Namora is the weak link.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 12:25 AM
AbelAnderson is currently offline Click here to Send AbelAnderson a Private Message Find more posts by AbelAnderson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The crazy thing here is that Namora worked Carol not too long ago by comic standards.

Getting tossed around by a guy who has no strength cap isn't all that bad.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 01:47 AM
zopzop
The Weeknd

The crazy thing here is that Namora worked Carol not too long ago by comic standards.

Getting tossed around by a guy who has no strength cap isn't all that bad.

Namora was actually physically overpowering Carol till Carol zapped her. Then it looked like Carol had the advantage. Then Namora got a little water on her, then it was looking very bad for Carol :
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 02:54 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Namora was actually physically overpowering Carol till Carol zapped her. Then it looked like Carol had the advantage. Then Namora got a little water on her, then it was looking very bad for Carol :
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Do you know what title issue that was in?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 03:00 AM
StyleTime

Agents of Atlas #5

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 05:46 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i think it would come down to donna and carol, and that would be close but her energy attacks wouldn't much of an advantage against donna who would likely end things up close. dc wins the majority imo.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 01:31 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by StyleTime
Agents of Atlas #5

Thanks

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 01:18 AM
Senor Cage

Donna Vs Wonder Woman

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 01:27 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

She can regen now? Is that new

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 01:31 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Yeah, her arm went back to normal in the next panel.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 01:32 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Sin I AM
She can regen now? Is that new

Yes, it's relatively new. From her New 52 reboot.

I was using post-crisis Donna though.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 7th, 2018 at 01:45 AM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 01:42 AM