KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Fist vs Deathstroke (Ikon suit)

Iron Fist vs Deathstroke (Ikon suit)
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Iron Fist vs Deathstroke (Ikon suit)

Now that Batman has proven the Ikon can be circumvented, lets discuss whether Danny can do so.

I am, of course, biased, but I'll try and be fair, and want to see some feats I've been holding on to hold water here...

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 10:57 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Re: Iron Fist vs Deathstroke (Ikon suit)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Now that Batman has proven the Ikon can be circumvented

Of course he has roll eyes (sarcastic)

so lame

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 01:28 AM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Iron Fist vs Deathstroke (Ikon suit)

Originally posted by Vanguard
Of course he has roll eyes (sarcastic)

so lame

Honestly, that's probably more Priest then Batman. Look back at his Black Panther work, and how he had Tony Stark and T'challa pull plot devices out of their butts in one upmanship, until they both died (And he pulled alt universe characters into it just so they could have a death match.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 02:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyways, I'll spare the theatrics and get right to it:

The Ikon suit is kinetic based, no? Essentially a tech version of Speedballs power?

A bit different in presentation, perhaps, but it's all about kinetic energy.

Guess who ignored Speedballs kinetic shield to KO him?

....wrong, it wasn't Danny. That Junzo Muto prick sad

But he used the Iron Fist to do it. The explanation, was that the Fist is magic, and can ignore physics.

Stands to reason Slade's Ikon won't fare any better, given the common ground
with Speedballs trick. If it can ignore his shield, it should also hit Deathstroke without producing the kinetic energy he needs to power his gravity sheath, effectively taking the full Iron Fist without any protection (As the suit has no additional
armor, as far as I know.)

Last edited by cdtm on Aug 24th, 2018 at 02:52 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 02:48 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not to toot my own horn, but it's a decent argument, no?

Kind of wish I came up with it back when the hype train was running through.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 09:15 PM
DarkSaint85

Anyways, I'll spare the theatrics and get right to it:

The Ikon suit is kinetic based, no? Essentially a tech version of Speedballs power?

A bit different in presentation, perhaps, but it's all about kinetic energy.

Guess who ignored Speedballs kinetic shield to KO him?

....wrong, it wasn't Danny. That Junzo Muto prick sad

But he used the Iron Fist to do it. The explanation, was that the Fist is magic, and can ignore physics.

Stands to reason Slade's Ikon won't fare any better, given the common ground
with Speedballs trick. If it can ignore his shield, it should also hit Deathstroke without producing the kinetic energy he needs to power his gravity sheath, effectively taking the full Iron Fist without any protection (As the suit has no additional
armor, as far as I know.)

The Ikon shield blocks metaphysical effects.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 09:28 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Note, also, that the Promethium sword can absorb magical energy:

IOW, Damian here is slashing at DS with a magical sword:

Note how he is able to block Damian with his arm. The destabilising effects that Wintergreen (the AI) is referring to is Nightshade's control.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 09:39 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Darksaint ending the thread like it stole his money.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 09:41 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

The Beast also blocked Hellfire, from Skulled Avenger what's his face with a bike and chains.

It did not block the Iron Fist.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 10:47 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Darksaint, fair game proving the suit can block exotics.

My main point, however, stands in that the Fist will not power the suit, due to skirting kinetic force. This argument does not depend on the shields defensive capability... It is irelevent, as the gravity sheath will never be activated,

Old Post Aug 24th, 2018 10:53 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Philo:

Darksaints shut down better posters then I. smile

Honestly, considering this is Iron Fist we're talking about, as opposed to Hulk, and that he put in some effort against me, I consider it a bit of an honor. I realize I'm no Carver or... someone he'd argue against as hard as Carver, that must exist and isn't springing to mind right now... embarrasment

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:07 AM
DarkSaint85

My main point, however, stands in that the Fist will not power the suit, due to skirting kinetic force. This argument does not depend on the shields defensive capability... It is irelevent, as the gravity sheath will never be activated,

When DS entered the Dark Dimension, there was no kinetic energy powering the suit.

Yet it blocked the passive magical environment.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 05:49 AM
DarkSaint85

Specifically, the 'metaphysical ectopsychic' environment.

It needs kinetic energy to charge, yes. But once charged, it runs just fine. Like a kinetic watch - just because you stop moving your arm, doesn't mean the watch suddenly stops.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 06:59 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So it was charged before entering the dimension?

Or are you saying he somehow charged it up, in a space without kinetic energy?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 07:23 AM
DarkSaint85

He has it charged before going into battle. Like having ammo for his guns, or Superman having solar energy, or GL etc etc...

I mean, if the thread is 'what happens when IF fights a powerless GL who has no ring charge', that's different from 'IF vs GL'.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 07:50 AM
DarkSaint85

Why wouldn't it activate?

It activated just fine against a magically charged sword, why not a magically charged fist?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 07:54 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why wouldn't it activate?

It activated just fine against a magically charged sword, why not a magically charged fist?

Because it requires kinetic energy to operate. The assumption being, if it ignores Speedballs field, it somehow functions without producing kinetic force.

It IS magic, so it's possible.

I was also assuming he didn't normally walk around with the gravity sheath activated, all the time. Cases where he enters the scene mid combat against Batman are one thing, but there' seems plenty of scenes where the sheath isn't running until he takes a bullet or rocket.

Although, I suppose he could just shoot himself to rev it up, but I don't remember him doing so.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:36 PM
DarkSaint85

Yet it activated to protect him against the magic in the Nightshade Dimension.

Without needing anyone to punch him. Or shoot him.

So it's not like Speedball.

As seen here:

You attempting to use the Beast, or Speedball, is not quite right, because they aren't Ikon Suits.

Magic was used against DS. He blocked it. Whether it be a magically charged sword, or passive environmental effects.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Aug 25th, 2018 at 02:57 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 02:54 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

If it activated against the effect, isn't it fairer to assume said effect produced kinetic energy? The alternative is to assume the Ikon can activate sans kinetic energy, and that requires proof. smile

And while I admit Danny knocking out Speedball past his kinetic manipulation field isn't conclusive proof his attack produces no kinetic energy, the implication is pretty strong (Has Speedballs field ever been brute forced past? If it has, there goes my argument..)

I referenced The Beast only to contrast the Iron Fist with other high level esoteric effects (Ghostriders hellfire). If this were The Beast vs Iron Fist, and one only read up to Matt's fight with Ghost Rider, they'd no doubt argue "If he can tank Johnny's flame, Danny isn't doing anything to him."

But he has. Ghost rider is certainly more powerful, but this is a great example of how power isn't everything.

As I once told Stilt, when it comes to power, the Iron Fist may be mid tier... But when it comes to esoteric plot device effects, I can show a laundry list of pretty
good feats.

For example, did you know Danny can absorb life force, like The Parasite? Danny's inferior clone, Davos, drained people into skeletons to empower himself. Danny, in turn, amped himself off people in a building (Without killing them, of course.)

He's absorbed other energies, as well. The Crimson Bands of Cytterok, for example. Or, he gave Wrecker and his divinely empowered beam a struggle, who only Dr. Strange has defeated with an effort (And to be fair, Danny lost in both cases, but it showcases how his powers mold to fit the plot.)

He can absorb nuclear energy from an atom bomb, or insta cure the Spider Virus from a mutated Shang Chi, or absorb enough chi to KO a death god set to reap souls from a cities worth of people, or rip open portals between life and death.

And I realize I'm rambling now, but my point is the Iron Fist is more then a megaton punch.

And again, the suit requires kinetic energy, which I strongly suspect the Iron Fist doesn't produce (It's that, or he brute forced past the field, which even Gladiator hasn't done..)

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 04:23 PM
DarkSaint85

If it activated against the effect, isn't it fairer to assume said effect produced kinetic energy? The alternative is to assume the Ikon can activate sans kinetic energy, and that requires proof. smile

[/QUOTE]

Erm, it's activated by DEATHSTROKE.

[b](please log in to view the image)

There's your proof. His own superhuman reflexes can generate sufficient energy wink

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Aug 25th, 2018 at 04:32 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 04:30 PM