KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » apocalypse vs morg

apocalypse vs morg
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

apocalypse vs morg

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:35 PM
leonidas is online now! Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Apoc has an edge in versatility, but I usually give heralds a nod in powee output.

Apocalypse is bogged down by being an x-men opponent...though he looked absurdly strong against Thor.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:47 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol yeah, though being an x-men villain shouldn't be the anchor it once was given how they've been portrayed in recent years. apoc STILL gets a bit of a bad rap, but i def think he is in morg's class, as we saw with thor. not sure how this goes but i do think it is very far from cut-and-dried.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 01:51 PM
leonidas is online now! Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

Apocalypse seems to be all over the place. It seems hard to place him.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 02:56 PM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Pretty much what Kris said. Morg would probably blow him apart eventually.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 08:06 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Let's put it this way - in a comic, I wouldn't be surprised if Apocalypse would overpower Silver Surfer, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he'd get cut in half by Terrax.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 08:10 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Apocalypse is an overhyped chump whose sole purpose is to resurrect and/or revamp characters, who inevitably turn on him.

Morg at his peak was taking on the rest of the heralds of Galactus.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 08:32 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Not winning though.

It is as Phil said. Apoc could go either way here.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 09:13 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Not winning against the heralds?

In their first encounter, Morg defeated the Silver Surfer, who went on to recruit Firelord, Terrax, Nova, and Air-Walker. Morg, amped by the Waters of Life, kicked all of their asses. He was killed by Terrax only after Galactus reclaimed his portion of the Power Cosmic, as punishment for killing Nova. Galactus later resurrected him, and he once again beat the crap out of Firelord and Air-Walker.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 09:45 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Apoc wins against standard Morg

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 09:52 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Not winning against the heralds?

In their first encounter, Morg defeated the Silver Surfer, who went on to recruit Firelord, Terrax, Nova, and Air-Walker. Morg, amped by the Waters of Life, kicked all of their asses. He was killed by Terrax only after Galactus reclaimed his portion of the Power Cosmic, as punishment for killing Nova. Galactus later resurrected him, and he once again beat the crap out of Firelord and Air-Walker.

WoL morg isnt here though...

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 10:31 AM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by krisblaze
WoL morg isnt here though...

No, but he did beat Surfer under his own power.

Apocalypse never really struck me as even a low-herald character. There's plenty of hype surrounding him, but I've always thought of him as a high-meta.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 10:44 AM
krisblaze

How so?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 11:10 AM
Insane Titan

Originally posted by krisblaze
How so?
a lot of ppl ignore context to Apocs so called defeats.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 12:27 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by Insane Titan
a lot of ppl ignore context to Apocs so called defeats.

Yup. But IMHO, Morg would win in a close fight. He's definitely Surfer level but far more brutal.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 03:29 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Morg's latest showing had him in possession of the WOL , so I'm thinking that this is the level of power being used here? If so he defeats Apoc. Handily imo.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 07:48 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by zopzop
Yup. But IMHO, Morg would win in a close fight. He's definitely Surfer level but far more brutal.
Apoc isn’t really that that easy to damage/take down. Physically and EP they same equal , with Apoc having the advantage with TP/TK and other abilities imo

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 08:20 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Apocalypse.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 6th, 2020 05:17 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
No, but he did beat Surfer under his own power.

Apocalypse never really struck me as even a low-herald character. There's plenty of hype surrounding him, but I've always thought of him as a high-meta.

Still curious as to why you'd claim that Apocalypse isn't even high meta.
He's got so many cases of one-shotting high metas even when depowered.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 6th, 2020 05:18 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Apocalypse is definitely High Herald, perhaps even low Trans, but Morg's power output at his most powerful was greater. I'm not sure how effective Apoc's TP and TK would be against one that is touched by Galactus, as all Herald's are given a level of immunity by him. Rethinking it, I doubt that it would be easy, but I'd give Morg a slight edge.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2020 07:09 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote