KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Punisher Vs WW lasso of truth

Punisher Vs WW lasso of truth
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Punisher Vs WW lasso of truth

Can he resist it?

The only precedence i’ve ever seen for maybe saying yes, is him resisting Ghost Rider’s penance stare:

(please log in to view the image)

A friend provided this as further possible proof, saying Batman’s resisted the lasso...

...but to me, it seems more like proof of what some have said that Bats is just that, Batman, and Bruce Wayne is the disguise. He was actually being truthful, not resisting.

Anyway; Punisher, can he resist the lasso iyo.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 12:36 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

No he can't.

Same way he's not resisting the Penance Stare. Resisting would be him actually having regret, but not suffering the effects of it.

Just like Batman isn't resisting. He's telling the truth - or at least, what he believes to be the truth.

Same way you could ask a Christian if there is a God, or a Hindu if there are multiple gods.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 12:48 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Odd, as that Punisher scan has been used for years as proof that he did resist. I actually think that was one of our earlyest conversations here, when i said Frank had resisted the PS in GR’s 90s book, and you said no, he only resisted it this one time.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 12:55 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Here’s at least 2 times from back in the day when you used the above scan as proof of resistance.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=4

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 01:10 PM
DarkSaint85

Yeah, the more I read the scan the more I convince myself he didn't resist it, as he used the manner I said above - he just doesn't have that weakness. It's like saying Batman resists Kryptonite driving solar energy out of his cells - whilst its true it does not happen, it's not his natural durability that does it, but merely the absence of solar enerfy in the first place

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 01:11 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Uh huh. smile

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 01:13 PM
Pillow Biter

The Lasso doesn't typically compel the wielder to do anything other than tell the truth.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 01:30 PM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
The Lasso doesn't typically compel the wielder to do anything other than tell the truth.

^^^it can also show the lassoed person the truth.
Its how WW managed to stop Ares in her first Post Crisis storyline of her ongoing book. There was no way she could actually beat him, but he stopped on his own when he saw what the lasso showed him.

Always thought that was pretty neat.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 01:36 PM
Pillow Biter

Yeah. So he won't resist the lasso at all. He'll just regret nothing. His eyes are WIDE open. No hidden parts of the soul to trouble him.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 01:40 PM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by riv6672
Uh huh. smile

Lol. Am sure you're just chalking it up to 'that slippery sneaky DS', but the general points are there, and consistent:

Punisher was not affected.

I didn't.... actually, in those threads you've quoted, I only posted the images to show it not working on people. You said I posted it as proof of resistance.....when I never did,at least not in those posts you quoted.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 01:47 PM
riv6672

Uh huh. smile

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 02:01 PM
riv6672

^^^And hey, i’m not disagreeing w. you, i’m just acknowledging your...interesting replies w. a smile on my face.

Yeah. So he won't resist the lasso at all. He'll just regret nothing. His eyes are WIDE open. No hidden parts of the soul to trouble him.

Damn. I hadnt thought of that. Nice.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 02:02 PM
SquallX

It can also be called considered pis.

Pretty sure that’s not the way the Stare works. Doesn’t matter if you except what you’ve done, Castle still carries the blood of the Inoccents on his hands. For his war has bleed to the innocent.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 02:33 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Others have done well against the stare, though.

Deadpool, Logan. Both have killed a lot.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 02:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

Yeah. I believe the writer misconstrued the Penance Stare. I always thought the judgement was external and not internal. His reaction would be more appropriate for the Lasso, in fact.

But I may be misinformed about the Penance Stare.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 03:23 PM
SquallX

Yeah. I believe the writer misconstrued the Penance Stare. I always thought the judgement was external and not internal. His reaction would be more appropriate for the Lasso, in fact.

But I may be misinformed about the Penance Stare.

You’re right. The Stare when first portrayed didn’t care if you accepted the evils you committed. As long as evil was commuted, it would take it and multiple it. And let’s be honest, Frank has commuted many evils.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 03:37 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

---

Last edited by StiltmanFTW on Aug 31st, 2018 at 03:51 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 03:49 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Re: Punisher Vs WW lasso of truth

Re Riv:

Bruce Wayne has arguably the most disciplined mind on his world

When he steps on a stage

He stays in character

Snare him with the lasso at his house or at some random location when he is not portraying a role and ask him who he is

He will tell you he is Bruce Wayne

When he has to pose as a person criminals can trust and can trade with... ask him who he is with the lasso around him and he will truthfully tell you who he is there as.

If You Have The Intelligence to ask Him:

What is your identity when you are out of costume?

Then because he's a Badass he would say 'The Detective' (Considered by Some as The World's Greatest) and keep going through his other titles before he has to give up Bruce Wayne... That's how Batman was resisting the rope

For example If you put the lasso around a person in public office while they are actively performing their role as a public official and ask them who they are with the LOT

The President in Office could (and would) truthfully identify as The President in Office. The President in Office could further truthfully amd correctly identify as The Commander In Chief in times Of War in Countries where they have Prime Ministers The Prime Minister In Office could correctly identify as The Prime Minister In Office, The Acting Commander In Chief, Member Of Parliament for >insert local office here - usually the county / state where they were born and raised, their political base<

Superman could have 'resisted' the rope if he wasn't totally square.

That Lasso Of Truth like any tool or device is only as effective as the hand (or the mind) which wields it.

If Batman or Lex Luthor had that thing...

On Focus

- In The Zone -

When you're sitting an exam, When every single part of your being is immersed in an activity = when you're in the zome =

if you've just won a one on one match = you've just won The WBC Unified Super Heavyweight Title - That Exact Second - A Reporter (Your Mom) shoves a microphone in your face and Asks You: WHO ARE YOU?

What are you going to say:

That exact moment

I'd bet yall you are gonna say

I AM ...........................................

When you're in the zone - you are on stage - you are performing as a character - with total discipline - total focus - you are that person - you perform like a champion - you perform like a winner and you win - you are a champion - you are a winner

Thats the positive side of Absolute Focus (You deflect every single thing which is not relevant to the immediate task you're doing)

On the negative side = Total focus to malfeasance = Temporary Insanity

Batman isn't crazy, a little bit crazy or insane he's a Karnak Level Mind Athlete an absolute expert on Psychology on Himself on Culture Languages and Acting

IRL

Michael Schumacher won so many races in F1 with Batman Level Crazy Preparation + Focus

When his mom died.. he did not break focus. He spent more time going over his car - already gone over hundreds of times before by the car crew - doing the same crazy prep he did before every race and kept the same focus on the track to win (and then he went to mourn his mon)

Schumacher at his peak when he was overtaking lol...

Michael Schumacher - Winning His First World Title

Last edited by shiv on Aug 31st, 2018 at 05:33 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 05:23 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 05:28 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Loved the art in that book thumb up

Do you have the page in which Venom tries to eat GR's arm?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 05:30 PM