KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Death Sentry vs. Old Man Phoenix

Death Sentry vs. Old Man Phoenix
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Death Sentry vs. Old Man Phoenix

Who wins?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 02:51 AM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Probably Death Sentry. Old Man Phoenix did nothing impressive. He couldn't even kill Old King Thor (you can see him for the preview for the next issue)!

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 04:02 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
Probably Death Sentry. Old Man Phoenix did nothing impressive. He couldn't even kill Old King Thor (you can see him for the preview for the next issue)!

I tend to agree. They have really been disrespecting the PF lately.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 01:31 PM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Old Man Phoenix

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 01:46 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Phoenix stomps. He was spanning galaxies and tanking solar system busting attacks like nothing. Far beyond anything Sentry has shown yet.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 05:40 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Old King Thor created a supernova sized cyclone that was so powerful it was sucking planet chunks from parsecs away, turning them into lightning comets.

Old Man Phoenix dove right in anyway and attacked with a phoenix aura the length of a galaxy. His claws alone were hot enough to melt stars.

laughing out loud

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Sep 29th, 2018 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 06:05 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Old King Thor created a supernova sized cyclone that was so powerful it was sucking planet chunks from parsecs away, turning them into lightning comets.

Old Man Phoenix dove right in anyway and attacked with a phoenix aura the length of a galaxy. His claws alone were hot enough to melt stars.

laughing out loud

Lol, I gotta get that issue. What is that, Thor #5?

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 10:06 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Yeh

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 12:33 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Lol, I gotta get that issue. What is that, Thor #5?

Dont you dare

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 04:22 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I’d say Sentry, just on feats; OMP is a new character, right?

Speaking of characters, where’s that one guy who worships Sentry (name escapes me)? He’s usually first to respond to these threads.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 04:50 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

OM Phoenix + King Thor were implied to be powerful enough to restart creation despite their weakened conditions. Their fight was larger in scope than anything Sentry has done in terms of scope but that might not mean much in relative terms. Death Seed Sentry is impossible to kill but so is a Wolverine+Phoenix combo. Eternal Stalemate with Wolverine tossing him around across the Universe?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 05:54 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^An eternity spent...w. Sentry.

So, Wolvie loses.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 09:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

quote:
Originally posted by riv6672

Speaking of characters, where’s that one guy who worships Sentry (name escapes me)? He’s usually first to respond to these threads.

I killed him a couple of months ago. His corpse is somewhere in the Battlezone section of the KMC boards.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 11:56 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah i actually believe that; he was always challenging ppl to BZ him over some imagined slight. huh

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 11:58 AM
Pillow Biter

I haven't read the entirety of the Death Seed Sentry issues; however, from what I have read, I get the idea that this portrayal of Sentry is actually weaker in potential than other Sentries.
Just the idea that he could really be affected by a Celestial relic seems to limit his potential compared to other portrayals where his potential power seems to dwarf that of a a Celestial (or even all Celestials).
One gets the idea that DSS is simply a very powerful flying brick who is unlikely or unable to access the deeper power reserves that make him a universal or multiversal threat in other portrayals.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 12:04 PM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbelAnderson

Originally posted by riv6672
I’d say Sentry, just on feats; OMP is a new character, right?

You mean Realitywarper ?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 01:18 PM
AbelAnderson is currently offline Click here to Send AbelAnderson a Private Message Find more posts by AbelAnderson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Enzeru
I killed him a couple of months ago. His corpse is somewhere in the Battlezone section of the KMC boards.

Traduction:

You self-debated yourself after pooping a thread which was the easiest way for you to avoid debating me.

Anyways I'm laughing my ass off right now, everytime a new Sentry comics come.

That's just the start of it.

Enjoy ! XD

Originally posted by Enzeru
There was a better example, where we actually went at it and it tried to explain the truth to him in a slow and understandable manner, but I couldn't find that one anymore. However, you can probably imagine how that turned out.
I've shown you all the examples where RealityWarper talks about Sentrys supposed limitless power.And in my opening post I showed you that the Sentry is a character, whose entire stick is to be flawed. And that he will probably never get completely sane and stable and reach his full potential. That's something RealityWarper likes to disagree with. He doesn't have a base and he doesn't even have a compelling argument. He just does, because it fits into his narrative of this omniversal Sentry creature, who can beat your favorite comic book hero with a single thought, while banging your favorite manga girl.

The truth is that you are a just a clown wom believes that his words have any weight. laughing

Sentry just reached his full potential for the third time.

(please log in to view the image)

Try harder Enzeru, you are just shooting yourself in the feet.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 06:09 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 06:14 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by AbelAnderson
You mean Realitywarper ?

^^^Yeah, thats him.

I heard Enzeru killed him off and disposed of the body in the BZ forum, though.
Good place to do it, its a wasteland.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 06:30 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Just the idea that he could really be affected by a Celestial relic seems to limit his potential compared to other portrayals where his potential power seems to dwarf that of a a Celestial (or even all Celestials).

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 06:36 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote