KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Moon Rebuilding vs City Evacuation

Moon Rebuilding vs City Evacuation
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Moon Rebuilding vs City Evacuation

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 05:32 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The correct answer is always the Flash.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 05:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Flash.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 05:47 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

lol superman, no contest. he rebuilt the entire ****ing moon.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 06:45 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

On the one hand, Flash 'only' evacuated 500k civilians.

Superman was working with billions of pieces (roughly).

That's on the order of magnitude 10,000 times better (roughly).

But Flash did it in 0.00001 microseconds. Superman did it in....10 seconds, say?

That's an order of magnitude of 100 million times shorter.

So Flash is more impressive.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 07:30 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

But Flash did it in 0.00001 microseconds. Superman did it in....10 seconds, say?

What of the difference in distances traveled?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 07:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

This is what it usually boils down to in DC.

Flash has the best feat, but Superman has a feat that no one sans Flash could perform.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 08:09 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

But Superman traveled a lot more distance than Wally did.

Also Superman was dealing with pieces which were far more than billion in count. Moon has a mass of 80 quintillion tons, the pieces were a lot smaller than being 100 tons each.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 08:21 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

One of the things that is absurdly good about the Moon feat is the sheer distance Superman needs to travel in order to rebuild the Moon. It's orders of magnitude bigger than your average city.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 08:49 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by abhilegend
But Superman traveled a lot more distance than Wally did.

Also Superman was dealing with pieces which were far more than billion in count. Moon has a mass of 80 quintillion tons, the pieces were a lot smaller than being 100 tons each.

I used the volume of the Moon being 21.9 billion cubic km, or 21.9 thousand billion cubic m.

So assuming the Moon was smashed into cubes 1m in size, there would be 21.9 thousand billion of them. Some are larger, some are smaller, one could err on the conservative side and say they're all about a meter cubed.

So the time is about a billion times shorter for Flash, but Superman moved about 41 million times more 'items'.

So on those two values, overall, Flash is more impressive.

Distance I don't know, as JL #9 never gave one. Phildo mentioned he calculated it, and Superman travelled about twice the diameter of the moon? So about 7,000km. Haven't checked that, but it's Phildo, he wouldn't lowball this.

Flash made 266,000 trips (he saved 532,000 people, sometimes carrying one, sometimes 2; so I lowballed, and assumed he's always carrying two). He carried them 35 miles away, so that's a 70mile round trip, or 100km. So Flash travelled 26,600,000km.

In a timeframe that was a billion times shorter.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 08:59 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Newsflash:. Phildo has told me that I am grossly misrepresenting him.

Back to square one. How far does Supes travel?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 09:06 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I used the volume of the Moon being 21.9 billion cubic km, or 21.9 thousand billion cubic m.

So assuming the Moon was smashed into cubes 1m in size, there would be 21.9 thousand billion of them. Some are larger, some are smaller, one could err on the conservative side and say they're all about a meter cubed.

So the time is about a billion times shorter for Flash, but Superman moved about 41 million times more 'items'.

So on those two values, overall, Flash is more impressive.

Distance I don't know, as JL #9 never gave one. Phildo mentioned he calculated it, and Superman travelled about twice the diameter of the moon? So about 7,000km. Haven't checked that, but it's Phildo, he wouldn't lowball this.

Flash made 266,000 trips (he saved 532,000 people, sometimes carrying one, sometimes 2; so I lowballed, and assumed he's always carrying two). He carried them 35 miles away, so that's a 70mile round trip, or 100km. So Flash travelled 26,600,000km.

In a timeframe that was a billion times shorter.

Superman would have to travel across moon volume to manually place each piece as he said he would do it piece by piece.

So 21.9 billion cubic KM travelled more or less. Now do the calc.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 09:06 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Superman reassembled an inanimate mass -- huge, yes, but essentially a big rock, and it took him a few seconds. Assembling celestial bodies from bits and chunks is also in line with real processes (ie, gravity is gonna help).

Flash had to evacuate a whole city's worth of living beings, and he had to do it much more quickly and with much greater care (human fragility > rock fragility), over and over and over again. And there is no precedent in the real world for this type of event.

Flash wins, imo.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 09:14 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

We are talking about speed here, Superman had to place each piece of the moon at exact place manually.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 09:19 AM
DarkSaint85

Wait, who said it was purely about speed? Is this another thread where no matter what we say, Superman HAS to win?

Oh you!

But if we're using 21.9billion km, that's 813 times more distance than Flash's.

Which still doesn't quite make up for the time.

In summary:

Flash had a timeframe a billion times shorter. (^9)

Superman moved 41 million more iterms (^6).

Superman travelled 813 times the distance (^2).

So overall, Flash is better by an order of 10 times, roughly.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Oct 4th, 2018 at 09:37 AM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 09:30 AM
NemeBro

Wait, who said it was purely about speed?

Originally posted by abhilegend
Which feat is better in terms of speed?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 09:33 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yah, I caught that, made massive edits to my post.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 09:37 AM
Bentley
Seitei

When typing this you should've figured you were using some wonky math. I mean, if you count Flash making round trips in a tiny distance (35 miles) and you know Superman had to do round trips (to go and pick a different piece of the moon, get it back and fetch a different on) over a much bigger distance, you should already figure that the error of magnitude in 7000kms is flagrant.

Not only Superman did bigger trips, he also made a lot more of them (at least a billion by your own admission). Obviously he travelled a much bigger distance than Flash did.

I think that Flash still ends up being faster due to his feat being done in a very brief timeframe but the underselling of Kal's feat in this post is damn obvious.

Call H1 so he teaches you some math

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 09:40 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Wait, who said it was purely about speed? Is this another thread where no matter what we say, Superman HAS to win?

Oh you!

But if we're using 21.9billion km, that's 813 times more distance than Flash's.

Which still doesn't quite make up for the time.

In summary:

Flash had a timeframe a billion times shorter. (^9)

Superman moved 41 million more iterms (^6).

Superman travelled 813 times the distance (^2).

So overall, Flash is better by an order of 10 times, roughly.

But then you have to take the fact into account that the pieces were scattered across more than moon diameter and Superman had to go all over it to get them.

Now do the calc.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 09:54 AM
DarkSaint85

Yeah but you then have to assume he's not collecting more than one piece and fusing it as he flies along, then fusing a second piece etc.

So you do the calc smile

@Bentley: I already edited...

Abhi:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 10:02 AM