KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Characters Vs how they are written

Characters Vs how they are written
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Characters Vs how they are written

One would -think- a character’s main book would be the character at their best.

Still,

Main book
Team book
Guest appearances

Which version of a character (your favorite if you like) is presented at their best, worst.
How big are power level differences from book to book.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 09:00 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

In his own books, Hulk is presented at his worst. Why do I say this? His levels of power hasn't even been touched because he has to purposely cap it in fear of destroying everything and everyone. Look at it like this, while using a portion of his power, a step could split the Earth in half. This is how much power he contains.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 09:15 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

It depends on their level.

Streets (Cap, Batman, Daredevil etc) are written up in team books. Their main books are more 'normal' in their depictions. This gives them something to do rather than being turned into pink mist as soon as the big bad shows up.

So Batman would struggle with ordinary mobsters (well, relatively speaking), yet, walk off a punch from Mongul.

Powerful heralds are sometimes written down in team books. Martian Manhunter being prime for this. 'Hey, this situation would all be sorted out by...and oh, he's been taken out'.

Guest appearances, though, are the worst the more powerful you are. Superman guest starring in a Hellblazer comic? It would just serve to underline how bad the situation is - classic Worf type scenario. FlashES guest star in a Bat book - get taken out by Catwoman.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 09:18 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
In his own books, Hulk is presented at his worst. Why do I say this? His levels of power hasn't even been touched because he has to purposely cap it in fear of destroying everything and everyone. Look at it like this, while using a portion of his power, a step could split the Earth in half. This is how much power he contains.
Wait, are you suggesting that Hulk is not Hulk?

You're scaring me, carv.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 09:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

And it begins

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 09:23 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
Wait, are you suggesting that Hulk is not Hulk?

You're scaring me, carv.

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 09:26 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
And it begins

Tbf, it began as soon as you posted your hypocrisy.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 09:28 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Galan knew I was playing though. Let's not get off topic, please.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 09:29 PM
ghostman

your entire existence is off topic carver.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 10:41 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by ghostman
laughing out loud

These turn into mock threads so fast!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 11:04 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It depends on their level.

Streets (Cap, Batman, Daredevil etc) are written up in team books. Their main books are more 'normal' in their depictions. This gives them something to do rather than being turned into pink mist as soon as the big bad shows up.

So Batman would struggle with ordinary mobsters (well, relatively speaking), yet, walk off a punch from Mongul.

Powerful heralds are sometimes written down in team books. Martian Manhunter being prime for this. 'Hey, this situation would all be sorted out by...and oh, he's been taken out'.

Guest appearances, though, are the worst the more powerful you are. Superman guest starring in a Hellblazer comic? It would just serve to underline how bad the situation is - classic Worf type scenario. FlashES guest star in a Bat book - get taken out by Catwoman.

This pretty much covers it. Then of course there are those uber powered characters who primarily appear in only team books who have the very accasional showing to showcase their power but otherwise job to allow others to shine. For exa ple Jakeem/Johnny Thunder

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 12:31 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Cant take anything you say serious, Mr. V30.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 12:43 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by beatboks
This pretty much covers it. Then of course there are those uber powered characters who primarily appear in only team books who have the very accasional showing to showcase their power but otherwise job to allow others to shine. For exa ple Jakeem/Johnny Thunder

When has Jakeem shined...i honestly cant remember

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 01:23 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Sin I AM
When has Jakeem shined...i honestly cant remember

The one story ark in the 5th dimension. Actually it wasnt Jakeem that shined but Thunderbolt himself as he was more in control. At least thats what came to mind when I posted it.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 02:19 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Oh and another one would be the Ultra takes command of Thunderbolt by putting his brain in Johnny Thunder ark. Again more of a testament to Thinderholt when used by someone intelligent in its use

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 02:21 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by beatboks
Oh and another one would be the Ultra takes command of Thunderbolt by putting his brain in Johnny Thunder ark. Again more of a testament to Thinderholt when used by someone intelligent in its use

I actually liked Jakeem and Johnny it's just that their execution was flawed. Same with a lot of New Gods...they cant seem to be depicted correctly

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 02:27 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^or interestingly.

Also, thanks for the replies, all.

^^^also laughing

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 02:31 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote