KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hulk runs a [weaker] JLA gauntlet!!

Hulk runs a [weaker] JLA gauntlet!!
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Hulk runs a [weaker] JLA gauntlet!!

Hulk is as of at this point, i.e. as of Immortal Hulk #11.

1). Mera
2). Metamorpho
3). The Atom (Ray Palmer)
4). Firestorm
5). Doctor Light (Kimiyo)
6). Zatanna

Gauntlet out of order? Not my problem. If it helps, treat it as separate fights.

No made up versions, please. Back statements up with canon comic showings. If you say 'Zatanna throws him in hell', you'd better damn well back it up with a scan of him dumping someone there, at the very least.

They start 10 km apart.
BFR On.

Round 1:. CIS/CIP on.
Round 2: all blocks off.

Who wins?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Jan 5th, 2019 at 11:10 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 11:07 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Stops at Metamorpho.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 11:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Stops at KMC Mera

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 11:38 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Only ones I see that would even trouble him are Firestorm and Zatanna. Given hie Zee failed vs Lobo in hell I cant see her taking it and most versions of FS cant manip organic matter.

Clears

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 03:25 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by beatboks
Only ones I see that would even trouble him are Firestorm and Zatanna. Given hie Zee failed vs Lobo in hell I cant see her taking it and most versions of FS cant manip organic matter.

Clears

Metamorpho is one of the worst, for Hulk. He's a one Man U-foes, and they beat Hulk pretty handily once.

He can form an anesthetic gas around his head, and there's not much he can do about it (He can't Thunderclap towards his head)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 03:27 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Clears

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 03:35 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

stops at 1

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 05:23 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by MrMind
stops at 1

At best.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 05:53 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by cdtm
Metamorpho is one of the worst, for Hulk. He's a one Man U-foes, and they beat Hulk pretty handily once.

He can form an anesthetic gas around his head, and there's not much he can do about it (He can't Thunderclap towards his head)

Unless battle forum rules have changed and I haven't been informed combatants start 500 m apart. Rex has no super speed, if anything hulk moves faster
so if he turns to gas he's gotta get around Hulk's head and a thunderclap most certainly will disperse his gaseous form b4 that happens. Such a dispersal in my opinion would count as a forum win and equal to a KO.

It's the very reason I discounted him as he really has no other means of taking Hulk down

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 07:29 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Unless battle forum rules have changed and I haven't been informed combatants start 500 m apart. Rex has no super speed, if anything hulk moves faster
so if he turns to gas he's gotta get around Hulk's head and a thunderclap most certainly will disperse his gaseous form b4 that happens. Such a dispersal in my opinion would count as a forum win and equal to a KO.

It's the very reason I discounted him as he really has no other means of taking Hulk down

Read the OP stips.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 08:19 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Read the OP stips.

All of which makes any argument that "he cant thunderclap at his head" irrelivant and a joke as there is even more reason to discount Rex.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 10:13 AM
DarkSaint85

All of which makes any argument that "he cant thunderclap at his head" irrelivant and a joke as there is even more reason to discount Rex.

Why? 10km apart.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 10:39 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faceless808
Lurking since 2009

Wouldn't the freeze spell be considered an incapacitation? And the dialog suggested that Zatanna held back on killing Lobo, even when he was goading her to do it. And BFR is on.

Although FS can't manipulate organic matter, he could affect the surroundings, e.g. gravity, the ground and the air.

Not saying that either would win against the Hulk, but I can see a few stalemates in the JLA lineup.

Inspired by AlbertoJohnAvil with special thanks to Damborgson

Last edited by Faceless808 on Jan 6th, 2019 at 01:49 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 01:39 PM
Faceless808 is currently offline Click here to Send Faceless808 a Private Message Find more posts by Faceless808 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Why? 10km apart.

Right. Box argues Hulk isn't an idiot, but seems to be arguing Rex will approach his opponent like he's an idiot.

Who does he think he is, Anakin Skywalker?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 01:52 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Why? 10km apart.

If he's 10km away thennin gaseous form he wont be around Hulk's head. The aledged reason Hulk couldn't us a thunderclal against him because he cant thunderclap his own head.

Considering the shock waves generated from a hulk thunderclap when Rex turns intona gas he'll be stread to thin to quickly to reform.

quote:
Zatanna held back on killing Lobo, even when he was goading her to do it.

Yeah right she held back while blood lusted wanting him to feel as much pain as she could b4 destroying him. He had JUST soul killed her dad, thats utter and permenant destruction of his essense- NO AFTERLIFE.

(please log in to view the image)

quote:
Wouldn't the freeze spell be considered an incapacitation?
there is a cost to magic. The more power required the greater the cost. That was why she couldnt best Lobo. It took too much power because he could endure it and keep coming. Hulk can take as much of not more and pulling any of that crap would make him angrier and more powerful

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...ee_v_lobo_2.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...ee_v_lobo_3.jpg

All freezing did was give her a chancento retreat which wasnt a victory. Clearly since Lobo could still talk he wasnt completwly frozen either. Hulk draws energy from a gamma dimension almost limitless. Zee isnt limitless she has likits and costs. Proof she can affect him enough to actually get a win?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 02:05 PM
cdtm

And if the gas form he took on approach, was say, oxygen? Or something invisible?

That face on his forms is for the audiences benefit, I don't believe he'd have a giant face giving away his position in gas form.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 02:44 PM
carver9

Originally posted by Faceless808
Wouldn't the freeze spell be considered an incapacitation? And the dialog suggested that Zatanna held back on killing Lobo, even when he was goading her to do it. And BFR is on.

Although FS can't manipulate organic matter, he could affect the surroundings, e.g. gravity, the ground and the air.

Not saying that either would win against the Hulk, but I can see a few stalemates in the JLA lineup.

Hulk has already moved through time stop. Firestorm can affect the area. That would be a great tactic against any brick tbh.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 02:52 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by carver9
Hulk has already moved through time stop. Firestorm can affect the area. That would be a great tactic against any brick tbh.

Faster then a complete time stop, now? Flash's be weak. laughing

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 02:54 PM
DarkSaint85

If he's 10km away thennin gaseous form he wont be around Hulk's head. The aledged reason Hulk couldn't us a thunderclal against him because he cant thunderclap his own head.

Considering the shock waves generated from a hulk thunderclap when Rex turns intona gas he'll be stread to thin to quickly to reform.

(please log in to view the image)

He can be colourless, odourless, and anywhere within a 10km radius - in 3 dimensions. Unless you're imagining Hulk CONSTANTLY thunderclapping ASAP.....

I mean, you're probably imagining him like how a comic book would depict him - with lines denoting his head and face etc. But that's not how it works.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 04:54 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by MrMind
stops at 1

Yup. I mean she has complete control of water and she can desiccate you! Technically anything that has water in his/her/its body that cannot block or overpower her control of water is DEAD.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 06:32 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote