KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Luke Cage vs Thing - READ STIPS!

Luke Cage vs Thing - READ STIPS!
Started by: DarkSaint85

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Luke Cage vs Thing - READ STIPS!

A direct comparison between the two. Both characters are hooked up to Dr Cosimo's machine:

(please log in to view the image)

Now, I know neither Ben nor Luke are mythological characters:

But are Hercs a measure of mystical energy? Or physical energy?

Note that nowhere in the scan does it state a Herc is a measure of physical strength.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Feb 14th, 2020 at 05:36 PM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 05:32 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

My take -

A Herc is not a measure of physical force, but of mystical energy only. Thus, they would both stalemate at 0 Hercs, as neither of them are mythological in nature.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 05:37 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Thing outputs 1-shot KO Immortal Hulk levels of power, which expands 3 Aunt Petunias.

Luke Cage would probably need two Sweet Christmases for that.

So there's my answer.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 05:37 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Full disclosure, as I am nothing if not transparent:

This thread will hopefully contain all arguments for and against Hercs being used as a physical unit, and at the end, a mod ruling may hopefully be given. So give it your best debate, chaps and chappettes!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 05:43 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Luke Cage is not succeptable to humanity like the Thing is. If he activates his skin against a power he can thusly suspend it that way for longer than the Things punch can land it blow. On both the low side of fraction to the mega side of astronomically.
Thus Luke Cage is the man.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 05:48 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Bump. Reminder of what's at stake - if I am the sole contributor, a Herc is ruled as a pure mystical unit, and the Hulk loses one of his best physical showings.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 06:50 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Uhm, wow. There goes the WBH feat.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 06:58 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Full disclosure, as I am nothing if not transparent:

This thread will hopefully contain all arguments for and against Hercs being used as a physical unit, and at the end, a mod ruling may hopefully be given. So give it your best debate, chaps and chappettes!
Herc is clearly a physical unit, remember when the wrecking crew and Hyde put him in hospital and he lost his nerve for a while.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 07:13 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

laughing

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 07:51 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
A direct comparison between the two. Both characters are hooked up to Dr Cosimo's machine:

Now, I know neither Ben nor Luke are mythological characters:

But are Hercs a measure of mystical energy? Or physical energy?

Note that nowhere in the scan does it state a Herc is a measure of physical strength.

I see that you're still trying to twist things. The mythical entity known as Hope, was capable of hitting physical creatures, or non mythical creatures with the force of 133.5 Hercs of power. Your take would make it seem as if a non mythical object, or creature being hit would not suffer physical damage, and yet Hercules, Thor, and every other mythical creature have at one time or the other had an effect on the physical comic book universe.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 01:59 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it's a mythical unit. Hercules albeit godly is still man like and singular, while hope is multifarious and would benefit from a larger source of people, as more people have hope than subscribe to the legends of hercules.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 02:17 AM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by ilikecomics
I think it's a mythical unit. Hercules albeit godly is still man like and singular, while hope is multifarious and would benefit from a larger source of people, as more people have hope than subscribe to the legends of hercules.

And yet Hope was able to affect the very physical Hulk on a very physical level with a force that was measured to be 133.5 Hercs of power strength. Again, 1 Herc is the equivalent of the power that Hercules expends in one all out punch. Baba Yaga was also very human like.

Last edited by Stoic on Feb 16th, 2020 at 02:33 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 02:31 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Sorry, got busy. I'm in no way going against it being a method used to measure mythical beings, or even possibly magical objects. If I ever mentioned that characters like the Hulk, Wonder Man, Superman, Doomsday, etc could be measured in Hercs, I clearly erred. At any rate, I don't recall claiming that. What I did claim was that the Hulk at that time survived a hit by this entity who had been measured as being capable of hitting with the force of 133.5 Hercs of power strength. This measurement gives an accurate discription of the amount of power that these mythical creatures can display, in terms of their effects on the physical universe.

Last edited by Stoic on Feb 16th, 2020 at 04:12 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 04:10 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I'd rather have my characters measured in Foggys -maximum of lawyering energy Foggy can muster in one case-. Thank you.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 04:26 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dont really understand how one punch is that impressive, maybe super strength changes scale but the most i can do with a single punch isnt close to my total power output, in other words if i punch as hard as i can and hit a punching bag im not anywhere near close to gassed.

I also wonder if a different mythical entity, that had different power output than herc, was the dr lady's frame of reference. So for example if she first studied zeus and the unit were based on how much he could punch would it take less zeus units?

Would the hope monster be 10 zeus units, with the same outcome of the battle ?

Im not sure if that would would even matter or not but might open other interesting lines of inquiry.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 05:27 AM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stoic
Sorry, got busy. I'm in no way going against it being a method used to measure mythical beings, or even possibly magical objects. If I ever mentioned that characters like the Hulk, Wonder Man, Superman, Doomsday, etc could be measured in Hercs, I clearly erred. At any rate, I don't recall claiming that. What I did claim was that the Hulk at that time survived a hit by this entity who had been measured as being capable of hitting with the force of 133.5 Hercs of power strength. This measurement gives an accurate discription of the amount of power that these mythical creatures can display, in terms of their effects on the physical universe.

This seems reasonable, but i still dont get why they'd focus on the mystical part if it only was primarily physical or concussive.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 05:28 AM
Stoic
Avenger

This seems reasonable, but i still dont get why they'd focus on the mystical part if it only was primarily physical or concussive.

Mythical. Dr. Cosimo found a way to measure the amount of damage that a mythical being could output on the physical universe. The energies origin, or type are as irrelevant as the physical substance being attacked. The number of Hercs, and their culmulative values are all that matter when referring to the damage that a mythical being would have on the physical universe. In a nutshell; Baba Yaga is capable of hitting a physical object with the force of 1.5 Hercs of power. The type of power that Baba Yaga uses is irrelevant. The damage that she does on the other hand is very relevant. Baba Yaga was able to ragdoll Colossus.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 09:52 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Correction Baba Yaga overpowered Piotr in his human form, which led him to wonder whether or not he'd be a match for her in his armored form. Sorry, I read that book a while ago.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 10:24 AM
DarkSaint85

Exactly.

Its like measuring a nuclear bomb in terms of the radioactivity it outputs. A Herc just measures the mystical radioactivity.

Sure, you don't want a nuke's worth of radioactivity in your lungs. But the main damage it deals is in the heat and concussive energy a bomb outputs. The radioactivity is just one part of the bomb's power output.

But your Geiger counter would still only measure the MAXIMUM (not total, which is a very important distinction) radiation the bomb outputs. And if I measure things in rads, I'm not measuring the heat or explosive power - just the radioactivity.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 12:30 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Stoic
I see that you're still trying to twist things. The mythical entity known as Hope, was capable of hitting physical creatures, or non mythical creatures with the force of 133.5 Hercs of power. Your take would make it seem as if a non mythical object, or creature being hit would not suffer physical damage, and yet Hercules, Thor, and every other mythical creature have at one time or the other had an effect on the physical comic book universe.

No, I am not saying there would be no physical damage. There would undoubtedly be physical damage.

But it's not going to be the physical force of Hercules's strongest punch, multiplied by 133.45.

It will be the mystical energy given off when Hercules punches, multiplied by 133.45. How much is this? A lot, to be sure, but not the physical force.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 12:35 PM