KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Miss Martian vs Psylocke

Miss Martian vs Psylocke
Started by: Smurph

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smurph
------

Miss Martian vs Psylocke

Standard rules. They fight on the deck of an unmanned SHIELD helicarrier, circling the globe on autopilot.

Who wins?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 08:27 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Miss Martian. If only telepathy, Psylocke wins.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 04:45 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Psylocke. But I don’t know much about Miss Martian. But i think i get who she’s an homage to.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 01:55 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Martian.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 03:53 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
Miss Martian. If only telepathy, Psylocke wins.
How does Martian win then?

I agree that Betsy would win a tp battle but I wasn’t sure if Martian could overwhelm her physically first.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 04:16 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Why not? Miss Martian has gone toe to toe with Supergirl physically, Psylocke is hardly a challenge at that level.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 04:21 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Miss Martian is a White Martian. She's nearly as powerful as her uncle so she's got super speed, strength, durability, flight, shape-shifting, regeneration, martian vision, etc...

She's not a person Psylocke can beat in a straight fight.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 04:22 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

This is like putting Xavier vs Exodus, but ignoring that Exodus is one of the most powerful telekinetics in the world on top pf being a high level telepath.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 04:23 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Why not? Miss Martian has gone toe to toe with Supergirl physically, Psylocke is hardly a challenge at that level.
It was a genuine question. Other posters, you included, know M'gann better than I do.

But the Supergirl thing is ABC logic. A psyblade or psyblast could still put down M'gann and could hit her while she's intangible. M'gann should probably be too fast for that... but does she have any actual speedblitz feats?

Originally posted by KingD19
This is like putting Xavier vs Exodus, but ignoring that Exodus is one of the most powerful telekinetics in the world on top pf being a high level telepath.
Bad analogy. Both of these characters have powers other than TP.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 04:46 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Smurph
It was a genuine question. Other posters, you included, know M'gann better than I do.

But the Supergirl thing is ABC logic. A psyblade or psyblast could still put down M'gann and could hit her while she's intangible. M'gann should probably be too fast for that... but does she have any actual speedblitz feats?

I doubt she can ko her that easily. Here's a respect thread for her.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...-thread/135437/

Can't recall any blitz feat for her.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 04:57 PM
KingD19

Originally posted by Smurph

It's a perfect analogy, as Charles Xaviers only power is telepathy. The power level and all the extra stuff he can do like Astral projection has nothing to do with the fact that its a single base ability that other powers in the same category branch off from. Exodus is telepathic and telekinetic who is essentially Class 90-100 with his TK. So while he and Xavier could have a mental duel, he can also drop a mountain on Xaviers head.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 04:58 PM
Smurph
------

It's a perfect analogy, as Charles Xaviers only power is telepathy. The power level and all the extra stuff he can do like Astral projection has nothing to do with the fact that its a single base ability that other powers in the same category branch off from. Exodus is telepathic and telekinetic who is essentially Class 90-100 with his TK. So while he and Xavier could have a mental duel, he can also drop a mountain on Xaviers head.
This post makes it sound like you think that Psylocke’s only power is telepathy. And that she, like Charles, is paraplegic.

Is that what you think?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 05:05 PM
Smurph
------

I doubt she can ko her that easily. Here's a respect thread for her.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...-thread/135437/

Can't recall any blitz feat for her.
Yeah I’ve looked through her respect threads and through the comics I’ve read but I didn’t know if there was any thing more recent that I missed.

I guess Martian could use speed + shape shifting/stretching to hit hard without getting too close.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 05:11 PM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Smurph- I think the Charles/Exodus analogy isn’t that bad. Compared to MsM’s physical abilities, Psylocke might as well be a paraplegic.

Even if one assumed their TP is a wash, MsM brings a whole host of other high-level abilities in one package.

It would be like fighting a one-woman X-Men team/Fantastic Four package, with the combined abilities of Colossus’ strength, Rogue’s invulnerability, Quicksilver’s speed, Cyclop’s eye blasts, Reed’s stretching, S.Storm’s invisibility, K.Pryde’s phasing, Mystique’s shape changing, Sandman’s body morphing and Psylocke’s telepathy.

I don’t want to call it spite because it isn’t, but in a forum fight with both characters fully aware of each other it comes very close to being that.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2020 05:30 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by spetznaz
Smurph- I think the Charles/Exodus analogy isn’t that bad. Compared to MsM’s physical abilities, Psylocke might as well be a paraplegic.

Even if one assumed their TP is a wash, MsM brings a whole host of other high-level abilities in one package.

It would be like fighting a one-woman X-Men team/Fantastic Four package, with the combined abilities of Colossus’ strength, Rogue’s invulnerability, Quicksilver’s speed, Cyclop’s eye blasts, Reed’s stretching, S.Storm’s invisibility, K.Pryde’s phasing, Mystique’s shape changing, Sandman’s body morphing and Psylocke’s telepathy.

I don’t want to call it spite because it isn’t, but in a forum fight with both characters fully aware of each other it comes very close to being that.

This is what I was trying to say. And while yes, Psylocke does have telekinesis, it's rarely used aside from her making her Psytana and other psy weapons. It won't help her overcome someone with far more feats of TK superiority, on top of all her other powers.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2020 05:54 PM
Smurph
------

Spetz: KMC’s weird, I can’t quote you.

But calling this a spite match is silly. They’re both high meta characters. Moreover, we don’t need to “assume their TP is a wash” - IMO, Psylocke’s the better telepath, which means she has at least one clear way to win here.

After that you just list MM’s powers as if more powers = more powerful. But there are so many examples of characters that undermine that argument. Miss Martian is named after one of them. Versatility doesn’t guarantee victory, which underlines another flaw in KingD19’s argument, because Xavier could very likely beat Exodus. Emma was able to force a psychic stalemate and lock Exodus off from his other powers; in the same situation, Xavier would have won.

Anyways, this is turning into the Psylocke v Starfire thread again - anybody who thinks that a high meta character without a single speedblitzing feat makes Psylocke look like a paraplegic is just unfamiliar with Psylocke’s feats.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2020 07:17 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yeah, Miss Martian isn't blitzing anyone.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2020 04:09 AM
krisblaze

Simply not the case though.
When telepaths usually fight they need to put all their focus on telepathy. It's not like Dark Phoenix could just scorch Xavier while they were fighting.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jul 17th, 2020 06:13 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by spetznaz

thumb up

Old Post Jul 17th, 2020 06:24 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXI_wing_IXx
Junior

The forum rule states:

Originally posted by Galan007
quote:
"But Pr," you might ask "What if a character has a power that they use more sparingly?". Well, to that I would say:

-Is it a part of their powerset and has been used occasionally enough (ie, like, a dozen times, maybe) that they won't forget they can use it?
-Can they access this power/ability right now?
-Will not using it cost them the fight?

And that right there? That's arguably the most important question.

If the answer to all three of those is yes, then they're most likely going to use the power/ability. Either their opponent can stand up to it, or they can't.

So for the sake of Psylocke not losing the battle, the only winning choice Psylocke would have is most likely to use her long-range telepathy at start of battle. Since telepathy is her only long range attack and they're not starting up close. It's logical for her to use that. She's capable of doing it many times throughout. I totally understand the Charles/Exodus analogy. Miss Martian would otherwise win.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2020 08:19 AM
xXI_wing_IXx is currently offline Click here to Send xXI_wing_IXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXI_wing_IXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote