KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who's the fastest by feats?

Who's the fastest by feats?
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lawest9

Who's the fastest by feats?

The contestants are................

Sentry
Thor with Mjolnir
Gladiator
Silver Surfer
Blue Marvel
Hyperion.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 02:13 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

A to B speeds or complex speed feats?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 02:16 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet
A to B speeds or complex speed feats?
Both.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 02:20 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sentry

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 02:51 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Wally west

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 03:19 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Surfer then Gladiator

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 03:42 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Originally posted by carver9
Surfer then Gladiator
Some comics media sources feel Sentry top the list, but I'm really not sure, different sources are touting different opinions which is why I asked by feats.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 03:54 AM
carver9

Originally posted by lawest9
Some comics media sources feel Sentry top the list, but I'm really not sure, different sources are touting different opinions which is why I asked by feats.

Based off fts, none of them top Surfer or Gladiator showings. Doesn't even come close tbh.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 03:56 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by carver9
Surfer then Gladiator

Gladiator then Surfer

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 06:41 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-L

Silver Surfer. Gladiator comes close in second.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 07:47 AM
Kal-L is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-L a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-L Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

What are the feats for surfer and gladiator?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 07:51 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Mjolnir has already outraced Surfer and gone to the end of the u iverse and back in under. 60 sec

Straight A-B

Mjolnir
Surfer/Glads
Sentry
Hype/Blue Marvel

Combat
Sentry/Glads/Jane Thor w/blitzing Mjolnir
Hype/Marvel
Surfer/Thor

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:15 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

A to B depends on the distance, since some react faster but have lower top speed.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:40 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

If you take Gladiator's feat of supposedly crossing entire galaxies in the blink of an eye, it's probably the fastest. Because galaxies are very far apart.

So even if you just assume that it's two galaxies, you're talking about an average of 10 million light-years crossed in the blink of an eye, which would be a fourth of a second.

That's 40 million light-years in a second, or over a quadrillion times the speed of light, which puts even the greatest Flash feat to shame.

Last edited by Astner on Sep 19th, 2020 at 01:50 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:42 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

But Mjolnir has traveled the entire universe and back in 60 seconds and Surfer couldn't even catch it.

Also, when Thor threw Mjolnir around the sun to kill a builder, Glads wasn't even able to tell what it was. Considering his senses and everything else he should have been able to recognize it for what it was... granted, that's a far far reach.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:53 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
But Mjolnir has traveled the entire universe and back in 60 seconds and Surfer couldn't even catch it.

When was this?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 01:54 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Astner
If you take Gladiator's feat of supposedly crossing entire galaxies in the blink of an eye, it's probably the fastest. Because galaxies are very far apart.

So even if you just assume that it's two galaxies, you're talking about an average of 10 million light-years crossed in the blink of an eye, which would be a fourth of a second.

That's 40 million light-years in a second, or over a quadrillion times the speed of light, which puts even the greatest Flash feat to shame.

Then you also have feats like this:

(please log in to view the image)

Where Surfer is casually surfing backwards (not that it matters in space, I guess) and Gladiator isn't fast enough to keep up.

And here:
(please log in to view the image)

Where Thor is specifically disorientated by travelling FTL.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 02:39 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Gladiator has best speed feat. Surfer has best speed.

And as much as comic writers like to have incredible distances crossed in an impossible time, it's rare that they ever commit to a "multiple times the speed of light" thing. I'd be curious how many times they actually had multiple times the speed of light? Not saying it's the best speed feat as it's completely unquantifiable but Remender actually confirmed it was actually far above light speed along with it being many light years away which is neat. That little attention to detail is missed in a lot of these feats.

Realistically people with these speed feats shouldn't be blitzed except by people like Flash, but Marvel loves a good street leveler and Hulk.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 02:54 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Technically, if I give you [i.e. current reaction time and the ability to somehow see even though light is moving slower than you in a comic book way] the ability to fly at a billion times the speed of light, and I tell you to go to cross the galaxy, you'd be able to do so without hitting anything, easily. I know it sounds pretty weird, but the Universe is absurdly empty.

I think Gladiator's feat is the best out of them all, easily, in terms of distance traveled in such a fast time but -- like you I assume, I don't think in 99% of cases he's portrayed as that fast. As in the Nova case, for example. Or a shitload of others. You can head-canon it as him needing time to reach his top speed but eh.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Sep 19th, 2020 at 03:01 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 02:58 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by Astner
When was this?

It's old old, I was wrong anyway. Wasn't the universe

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 03:00 PM