KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Which powerset would you choose..?

Which powerset would you choose..?
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Which powerset would you choose..?

One morning you wake up and Mxy appears in your room. He states that he will permanently gift you with one of the following items/abilities:

1.) A perma-charged GL ring.
2.) Mjolnir (yes, you're worthy.)
3.) Firestorm's matter transmutation.
4.) Xavier's TP.
5.) Hulk's rage-induced strength.
6.) Flash's speed/perceptions.
7.) Franklin Richards' reality manipulation.
8.) Batman's utility belt.

*The caveat*
You have NO experience with any of the above items/abilities. You're still the real life you, and have to train yourself to use whatever you selected -- there's no one around to help you.

Which power would you choose, and what would you do with it in the real world?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 03:07 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Mjolnir, just for the help Motherstorm could give me.

Would the ring work for us? Like say, Ollie needed at on of effort just for an arrow.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 03:09 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

For the GL ring can I make auto shields without the suspicious green glow?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 03:11 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 03:15 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Would the ring work for us? Like say, Ollie needed at on of effort just for an arrow.
The ring has properly "selected" you(like it does when it chooses a new GL recruit.) So that's where you start.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
For the GL ring can I make auto shields without the suspicious green glow?
You'd only start with the autoshields that the ring itself produces(absent of conscious thought from the ring wearer.)

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 03:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Cool.

I'm leaning towards the GL ring. Maybe Xavier's TP.

Franklin's powers are too op and you'd get bored of life or may destroy everything you love with inexperience.

Mjolnir is a duplicitous piece of shit and may kill you in your sleep
. No one should choose that.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 03:22 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Mjolnir, just for the help Motherstorm could give me.

thumb up

Mew mew helps rookies.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 03:30 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

Re: Which powerset would you choose..?

Originally posted by Galan007
1.) A perma-charged GL ring.
2.) Mjolnir (yes, you're worthy.)
3.) Firestorm's matter transmutation.
4.) Xavier's TP.
5.) Hulk's rage-induced strength.
6.) Flash's speed/perceptions.
7.) Franklin Richards' reality manipulation.
8.) Batman's utility belt.
1. probably my top pick. even though trying to use a gl ring would be nearly impossible for most. even guys like batman can barely do anything with them.
2. this might actually be the easiest thing to use here.
3. you'd legit have to be a molecular science expert to use these powers effectively.
4. would be an absolute nightmare. every persons thoughts on the planet bombarding you at once. you would probably kill yourself.
5. i don't even think carver would be dumb enough to pick this.
6. again this would be a nightmare. locked in the ticks of a second.
7. a stray thought or dream could wipe out everyone on earth. easily the most difficult thing to control.
8. i don't even know what's all in the belt and i don't think i want to know. not sure how great it would even be for practical application. especially if i can't restock it.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 03:31 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
3. you'd legit have to be a molecular science expert to use these powers effectively.
Nah.

You'd just have to think "NaCl". thumb up

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 03:48 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

7. Franklin's power and it's not even close.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 03:50 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

Originally posted by Galan007
Nah.

You'd just have to think "NaCl". thumb up
laughing out loud

you actually could get pretty far with this one "spell" alone.

Originally posted by zopzop
7. Franklin's power and it's not even close.
how do you even go about controlling something like that though?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 03:54 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

A 7 year old manages ok enough. I like to think I'm at least as competent as a 7 year old child big grin

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 03:58 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Franklin did while he was a stupid kid.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 03:59 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

a 7 year old comic book character. with people around him to help control his power.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 04:00 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

No one taught him shit, unless you count his future self that one time.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 04:02 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

but that's comics. you're you here. you have no grasp of the power.

one accidental thought even while you sleep could be catastrophic.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 04:05 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by zopzop
A 7 year old manages ok enough. I like to think I'm at least as competent as a 7 year old child big grin

I'm 6 doe.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 04:14 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

1, 2 or 7 would seem the best. Franklin's powerset is kind of scary though.

I can't fathom why anyone would pick the belt over the rest.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 04:26 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. probably my top pick. even though trying to use a gl ring would be nearly impossible for most. even guys like batman can barely do anything with them.
2. this might actually be the easiest thing to use here.
4. would be an absolute nightmare. every persons thoughts on the planet bombarding you at once. you would probably kill yourself.
5. i don't even think carver would be dumb enough to pick this.
6. again this would be a nightmare. locked in the ticks of a second.
7. a stray thought or dream could wipe out everyone on earth. easily the most difficult thing to control.
8. i don't even know what's all in the belt and i don't think i want to know. not sure how great it would even be for practical application. especially if i can't restock it.

Why would wiping out the entire population matter tho? I'm perfectly fine with that laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 04:30 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I almost picked it laughing out loud

Least chance of me destroying myself and the world.

1. Imagine your dreams made reality. How would you train against that? Batman made Kyle blind just by suggesting to him that he was blind when Kyle was asleep.

2. Imagine creating literal shit storms across the planet lol.

3. Not that bad, until you turn the air in your lungs into salt.

4. Needs training , otherwise you get overloaded. Xavier had time to grow into his powers ,he didn't wake up age 13 with the same level he has now.

5. This is just shit.

6. Also shit. Either you accidentally get stuck in between seconds, or you go the other way and age yourself/others into dust in seconds.

7. See dreams. And you might even wipe yourself out at the same time.

8. The most boring but safe option. Assuming you don't accidentally get a face full of fear toxin or something when you open the wrong compartment ,or activate the self destruct or whatever.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2020 04:32 PM