KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Rebirth Diana runs the amazon gauntlet.

Rebirth Diana runs the amazon gauntlet.
Started by: light889

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
light889

Rebirth Diana runs the amazon gauntlet.

Serious battle no holding back.

1)Faruka.
2)Nubia.
3)Artemis.
4)Hippolyta.
5)Yarda.
6)Cassie.
7)Donna.

Diana has to face this gauntlet to prove she is the most powerful amazon. Can she clear?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2022 01:38 AM
light889 is currently offline Click here to Send light889 a Private Message Find more posts by light889 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Nubia is second on the list under Artemis? 3 Wonder Girls? And Wonder Woman’s weaker full Amazonian mother?

Isn’t Nubia suppose to be Diana’s equal. I’m genuinely asking.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2022 03:38 AM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
light889

Has Nubia done anything in Rebirth to suggest she is equal to Diana? Current Diana is the Child of Zeus and was also powered up by several Gods. Unless i'm missing something, Rebirth Nubia has nothing of the sort. Rebirth Artemis is above Nubia because Artemis was shown strong enough to trade blows with Bizarro and put up a fight against him. Has Nubia done anything comparable?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2022 04:21 AM
light889 is currently offline Click here to Send light889 a Private Message Find more posts by light889 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

I don’t really follow Nubia. I’ve just heard she was created to be Diana’s equal. Honestly Diana clears this gauntlet pretty easily if Donna is really the top end of it.

Is Cassie even Amazonian? Or is this more of a Wonder Gauntlet? No brother Jason? Or Grail?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2022 04:32 AM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
light889

She was supposed to be an equal to Silver Age Wonder Woman. But in later eras things changed. She had nothing on Diana's level during Post Crisis. Actually she had nothing even on Hippolyta level during Post Crisis. And Post Crisis Hippolyta was strong enough to easily toss a big plane around. Trade blows with Lobo, make Orion fall to the ground and bleed with one punch etc. Now in Rebirth, it is a new continuity. But unless Nubia was blessed with powers from Gods like Diana was during Ruka run. Then i don't see a reason to put her higher on this gauntlet. Now in Trial of the amazons the writers seem to be portraying all amazons as on similar levels. But i use the word seem. Because we still don't know much about this event. And we havcen't really seen Diana fighting all out. So unless we have more context. I don't think we can use that as a credible source. Because we know based on actual evidence, that current canon Diana is powered by his dad and other Gods. While nothing of the sort is stated for JNubia the others. So if anybody has more info on this. I would love to know.

As for Jason. We don't even know if he is still canon with everything that has been going on.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2022 05:18 AM
light889

Bump. Does anybody have anything to discuss about this topic?

Old Post May 7th, 2022 12:26 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You'll have a really hard time finding anyone on the Internet who is well-versed on Wonder Woman's corner of DC universe.

Old Post May 7th, 2022 12:33 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
light889

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You'll have a really hard time finding anyone on the Internet who is well-versed on Wonder Woman's corner of DC universe.

I wonder why. DC has been great at using her lore and giving it screentime to shine.

Old Post May 18th, 2022 12:12 AM
DarkSaint85

I don't see why she can't clear. You're pitting a main character against her supporting cast - and a DC main character at that. They almost always will do better - Superman would beat the Superfamily, Batman would beat th Batfamily, Wally the other Flashes, Aquaman against some fish....in fact, maybe only the GLs would have some chance against Hal, and that's only because of the nature of the GLC.

Old Post May 18th, 2022 08:57 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

This is a good post, but a few "buts" here.

What about Barry? You don't see him as Wally's superior/equal at all?

Hal is a moron, but given how DC wanks him as "God of Will", I'd imagine only a properly written, hetero Alan Scott could rival him.

There's nothing wrong with being gay, but he's been kinda sidelined, hasn't he...

Oh, and Batman got Dicked... big grin

Old Post May 18th, 2022 02:50 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

This is a good post, but a few "buts" here.

What about Barry? You don't see him as Wally's superior/equal at all?

Hal is a moron, but given how DC wanks him as "God of Will", I'd imagine only a properly written, hetero Alan Scott could rival him.

There's nothing wrong with being gay, but he's been kinda sidelined, hasn't he...

Oh, and Batman got Dicked... big grin

It does break down when there are more than one main character - once Barry and Hal came back, for example. But up until Barry returning, Wally was top dog, and I'd argue has better feats than Barry still.

And agreed on Hal, hence the maybe and even then, it's only a chance.

As for Bats Vs Nightwing, there's no way Nightwings top feats stack up to Batgod's, though they may have some tussles. Even then, it would be close but I'd still favour Bruce.

Main point here is, none of the supporting cast would have feats suggesting they can stack up to WW's best.

Old Post May 18th, 2022 02:59 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
light889

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It does break down when there are more than one main character - once Barry and Hal came back, for example. But up until Barry returning, Wally was top dog, and I'd argue has better feats than Barry still.

And agreed on Hal, hence the maybe and even then, it's only a chance.

As for Bats Vs Nightwing, there's no way Nightwings top feats stack up to Batgod's, though they may have some tussles. Even then, it would be close but I'd still favour Bruce.

Main point here is, none of the supporting cast would have feats suggesting they can stack up to WW's best.

DC hasn't been very clear with how powewrful the other Wonderfam members are currently. I mean Trial Of The Amazons had all the amazons looking like they were more or less equals. Sure Heroes hold back most of the time. I know. But this is what i hate about DC comics nowadays, is it so hard to try to explain things a little bit? Current WW is supposed to be powered up by 7 Gods and maybe still Hecate. Donna is what? A Golem, A clay figure or what. Her origin is all over the place. Cassie is she still a child of Zeus? I guess not. Then where her powers come from?

Old Post May 18th, 2022 07:06 PM
Stoic
Avenger

She’d never beat them all at once, but this isn’t a one vs all scenario.

Based upon historical feats, she has them all beat. She should be the winner of any 1v1 battle against them.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 04:08 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
light889

How do faruka, nubia, artemis, hyppolyta compare to her? Or even Cassie, Donna and Yara. Have any of them performed feats on the same level as WW?

Old Post May 20th, 2022 08:24 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Does she get the chance to fully rest & heal between each round?

Old Post May 20th, 2022 08:34 PM
light889

Does she get the chance to fully rest & heal between each round?

Would that make a big difference? Would you say it'd be unfair to her if she can't rest and recover between rounds?

Old Post May 21st, 2022 01:08 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It always makes a huge difference. Ever played MK on Endurance Mode?

Unless you have intentionally made a spite-thread, like the old poster we're all very familiar with

Old Post May 21st, 2022 01:56 AM
light889

It always makes a huge difference. Ever played MK on Endurance Mode?

Unless you have intentionally made a spite-thread, like the old poster we're all very familiar with

WW doesn't get tired though. At least pre 52 she didn't. I didn't think that resting would be crucial for her battles to be fair. I made the thread thinking if she can clear or not. And to debate where the others rank in power compared to WW based on the debate of this gauntlet. I would guess that the real challenge would be when she gets to fight the other amazons with God like powers like her. Let's say she can't rest between battles. How much does it change things? I mean by what you are saying, are we suggesting that characters like Faurka, Nubia, Artemis and Hyppolyta operate on the same ballpark as WW? Because if not, then those battles should be easy to her. And the real challenge would be fighting Yara, Cassie and Donna one after another without time to rest. And the debate if she can really win in the end under those circumstances. Which is the most interesting part to discuss about this gauntlet in my opinion.

Old Post May 21st, 2022 02:57 AM