KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Doctor .Manhattan vs Rune King Thor

Doctor .Manhattan vs Rune King Thor
Started by: MrMind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MrMind

Doctor .Manhattan vs Rune King Thor

Who wins

Old Post Jul 20th, 2022 03:08 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Doctor Manhattan

Old Post Jul 20th, 2022 11:06 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Magic didn't seem like an issue for Doctor Manhattan at all during Doomsday Clock.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 20th, 2022 11:44 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ODG
Magic didn't seem like an issue for Doctor Manhattan at all during Doomsday Clock.

JLD is quite a step down from RKT magic level though

Old Post Jul 21st, 2022 02:10 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ IIRC, Swamp Thing was the Champion of the Green and with the Parliament of the Trees at the time. The Marvel family was also there.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2022 02:21 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by ODG
^ IIRC, Swamp Thing was the Champion of the Green and with the Parliament of the Trees at the time. The Marvel family was also there.

Plus, Constantine.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2022 03:01 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by ODG

Rune King Thor has no actual high universal, or multiverse reality feats. It is the implication of the Runes being an omnipotent source of power that can has to be considered. Rune King Thor was the Runes in the flesh according to the story after all.

However, he could not effect the fate of his mythical people. Does that mean that he could not effect reality in normal space? A far weaker version of Odin Force Thor could affect time. I’m referring to the era that shows Thor putting a huge dent in Captain America’s shield. I just thought it worth mentioning.

Could it be at all possible that this match may result in a giant stalemate? Could it be possible that the events that transpired during Doomsday Clock do very little to refute this?

Rune King Thor wasn’t some flesh and blood Galactus level character, being dependent on anything to remain alive. He was effectively dead and made perfect by the Runes. How do we know that he truly died? It says it in the story, when it states that he passed through the veil. At the moment of his death, his entire being was flooded with the Runes power, and as such he became truly omniscient. Having the knowledge to use the omnipotent power of the Runes.

Again, when he could not effect the Threads of Fate, we are not talking about normal space, Asgardian space compared to normal space is like comparing normal space to cartoon space. They are fundamentally different.

Just to be clear, Doctor M has on panel showings that appear to be grandeur than Rune King Thor’s and if this is solely a feat war, he easily wins. I just don’t agree that you can compare the beings on that side of the veil to Rune King Thor. He after all would not be considered a natural being, but instead a transcended abstract being.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2022 01:36 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Lolwut

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2022 02:03 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

You compare him to Odin, but he is said to have far more wisdom than Odin did. Odin as I’ve pointed out before gave an eye. Thor gave his life. When it states that he passed the veil, it means that he died. Odin is to be considered far below Rune King Thor. Again, Thor gave everything. When it states that he was omniscient we aren’t supposed to discount it as trivia, nor was it meant to be a form of hyperbole in this case. The Runes are an omnipotent source of power.

Regular normal 616 space/reality is not as riddled with mythical lore, and rules of binding as Asgardian space/reality is. They live out a story much like a fable that plays out over millions of years (if we were to consider Avengers 1,000,000 BC) and culminates in Ragnarok. It then repeats itself. Those are the rules that Asgard itself and all of it’s creatures must abide by. Regular 616 space does not operate like that. The rules are easier to bend. The omniscience that Thor possessed while being one with the Runes also made him omnipotent.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2022 06:41 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by abhilegend
Lolwut

Mangog could have been at full power or triple his full power, and it would have made no difference. Odin could never do that. Not even close.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2022 08:26 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Stoic
You compare him to Odin, but he is said to have far more wisdom than Odin did. Odin as I’ve pointed out before gave an eye. Thor gave his life. When it states that he passed the veil, it means that he died. Odin is to be considered far below Rune King Thor. Again, Thor gave everything. When it states that he was omniscient we aren’t supposed to discount it as trivia, nor was it meant to be a form of hyperbole in this case. The Runes are an omnipotent source of power.

Regular normal 616 space/reality is not as riddled with mythical lore, and rules of binding as Asgardian space/reality is. They live out a story much like a fable that plays out over millions of years (if we were to consider Avengers 1,000,000 BC) and culminates in Ragnarok. It then repeats itself. Those are the rules that Asgard itself and all of it’s creatures must abide by. Regular 616 space does not operate like that. The rules are easier to bend. The omniscience that Thor possessed while being one with the Runes also made him omnipotent.

This is a bit muddled and not accurate

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2022 12:56 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Mangog could have been at full power or triple his full power, and it would have made no difference. Odin could never do that. Not even close.

Manhattan is as far beyond Odin and RKT as possible. The dude literally rebooted entire dc multiverse with a wave of his hands and a portion of his power made Wally west able to repair entire multiverse.

Your fanfiction about RKT is amusing but he simply doesn't has any feats worth shit.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2022 02:52 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Manhattan is as far beyond Odin and RKT as possible. The dude literally rebooted entire dc multiverse with a wave of his hands and a portion of his power made Wally west able to repair entire multiverse.

Your fanfiction about RKT is amusing but he simply doesn't has any feats worth shit.

why do you keep saying multiverse when manhattan only rebooted the main universe

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2022 02:57 PM
ODG

Rune King Thor has no actual high universal, or multiverse reality feats. It is the implication of the Runes being an omnipotent source of power that can has to be considered. Rune King Thor was the Runes in the flesh according to the story after all.

However, he could not effect the fate of his mythical people. Does that mean that he could not effect reality in normal space? A far weaker version of Odin Force Thor could affect time. I’m referring to the era that shows Thor putting a huge dent in Captain America’s shield. I just thought it worth mentioning.
You're making a lot of assertions and I'm unable to grasp the main thrust of your argument.

RKT ended that Ragnarok cycle? It wasn't until he decided to reappear and resurrect the Asgardians that the cycle started again.
Could it be at all possible that this match may result in a giant stalemate? Could it be possible that the events that transpired during Doomsday Clock do very little to refute this?
Doomsday Clock had Doctor Manhattan casually manipulate magic amongst other forces of the universe. High sorcery presented no such trump card against his high science.
Rune King Thor wasn’t some flesh and blood Galactus level character, being dependent on anything to remain alive. He was effectively dead and made perfect by the Runes. How do we know that he truly died? It says it in the story, when it states that he passed through the veil. At the moment of his death, his entire being was flooded with the Runes power, and as such he became truly omniscient. Having the knowledge to use the omnipotent power of the Runes.

Again, when he could not effect the Threads of Fate, we are not talking about normal space, Asgardian space compared to normal space is like comparing normal space to cartoon space. They are fundamentally different.

Just to be clear, Doctor M has on panel showings that appear to be grandeur than Rune King Thor’s and if this is solely a feat war, he easily wins. I just don’t agree that you can compare the beings on that side of the veil to Rune King Thor. He after all would not be considered a natural being, but instead a transcended abstract being.
Even if RKT did not truly die, I do not think he was in such a far off realm that would be separate from Marvel's core 616 universe.

RKT split the threads of fate, tho?

I've typed too much to just abandon this post but I feel like this last bit isn't even addressing me.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2022 03:50 PM
ShadowFyre

He never said he had any feats. Kind of the opposite if you had bothered to read it.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2022 05:34 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by ODG
You're making a lot of assertions and I'm unable to grasp the main thrust of your argument.

RKT ended that Ragnarok cycle? It wasn't until he decided to reappear and resurrect the Asgardians that the cycle started again. Doomsday Clock had Doctor Manhattan casually manipulate magic amongst other forces of the universe. High sorcery presented no such trump card against his high science. Even if RKT did not truly die, I do not think he was in such a far off realm that would be separate from Marvel's core 616 universe.

RKT split the threads of fate, tho?

I've typed too much to just abandon this post but I feel like this last bit isn't even addressing me.

I’m trying to learn here. I’m wondering why you believe that it would be impossible for Rune King Thor to be powerful enough to stalemate Doctor M? Also, would you be able to rate RK Thor’s level of power? I mean, what tier would you place him in based on canon?

The premise behind his level of power lies in the sacrifice that he willingly gave. He gave all, and in return he knew all being grafted to the Runes themselves. Not the same as in the case of Odin who only gave an eye.

Keeping in mind, Doctor M does the things that he does because of his omniscience. Sound familiar?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2022 02:04 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by MrMind
why do you keep saying multiverse when manhattan only rebooted the main universe

He rebooted everything.
I’m trying to learn here. I’m wondering why you believe that it would be impossible for Rune King Thor to be powerful enough to stalemate Doctor M? Also, would you be able to rate RK Thor’s level of power? I mean, what tier would you place him in based on canon?

The premise behind his level of power lies in the sacrifice that he willingly gave. He gave all, and in return he knew all being grafted to the Runes themselves. Not the same as in the case of Odin who only gave an eye.

Keeping in mind, Doctor M does the things that he does because of his omniscience. Sound familiar?

No, he does it because he's that powerful. Omniscience has nothing to do with it.
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
He never said he had any feats. Kind of the opposite if you had bothered to read it.

Maybe you should have read his posts better.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2022 03:37 AM
MrMind

He rebooted everything.
No, he does it because he's that powerful. Omniscience has nothing to do with it.

You keep saying he rebooted everything where is the proof?

We been through this, metaverse is the main universe

Old Post Jul 24th, 2022 03:43 AM
Stoic
Avenger

He rebooted everything.

But What you don’t seem to understand, or reject is that the Runes themselves are an omnipotent source of power unless it went through a retcon. Because we are talking about magic here, the most powerful spells are recited through knowledge. This version of Thor was omniscient and attached to the Runes themselves.

What Thor does not have are feats, and that is because of plot. The plot wasn’t the same as it was in Doomsday Clock. Doc. M had a completely different reason for doing what he did than Thor did.

What happens if Doc. M does all of these reality shifts, time displacements and other things that high tier cosmic characters do, but finds that it had zero effect on RK Thor? What proof is there to refute this possibility? He was most certainly not an Odin level character. However if you insist on believing that he was, we will always disagree on his true power level.

RK Thor was omniscient, and omnipotent as well. I do not believe that he was omnipresent though. Again, just follow my reasoning here. Because the Runes gave him omniscience, that omniscience translates to omnipotence because the Runes are an omnipotent source of power, which RK Thor had full knowledge of.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2022 03:54 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by MrMind
You keep saying he rebooted everything where is the proof?

We been through this, metaverse is the main universe

Why are you such an idiot?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Dr Manhattan straight up says "Everything ends". In Death Metal it states again that he tried to heal the multiverse but couldn't due to the interference from Perpetua.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 24th, 2022 04:00 AM