KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Weakest character who can beat David Dunn?

Weakest character who can beat David Dunn?
Started by: DeadpoolXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeadpoolXXX

Weakest character who can beat David Dunn?

who's the weakest comic character that could defeat david dunn (from the movies unbreakable and glass) in a straight up brawl?

-no exotic powers or weaponry, just strength alone.
-no weakness exploitation.
-this is david as of his final fight with the beast.

Old Post May 29th, 2023 10:09 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Bane definitely [SPOILER - highlight to read]: tries to win but explodes and dies

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 29th, 2023 11:45 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

bane is probably too much.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2023 07:21 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Iirc, When he was benching, they ran out of weight and he wasn’t tiring. I think he could have kept going. If there no water, can he even be harmed?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2023 10:53 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ I think David only two-pressed a total of 350lbs in the movie -- in one of the deleted scenes he two-pressed 500lbs. Neither of those figures are very impressive at all by comic standards, though. That said, David's strength can be scaled to the Beast(who physically flipped a police cruiser on its side, for starters), as David appeared to be stronger and more durable than him.

In terms of durability, we don't actually know what David's upper limits are(sans weakness exploitation, obvs.)

He has:
-Survived being ejected from a truck at high speed, completely unscathed.
-Survived a massive train derailment that killed everyone else on board, completely unscathed.
-And again, David's durability at least scales to the Beast(who only sustained superficial damage from close-range shotgun fire.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2023 11:42 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
^ I think David only two-pressed a total of 350lbs in the movie -- in one of the deleted scenes he two-pressed 500lbs. Neither of those figures are very impressive at all by comic standards, though. That said, David's strength can be scaled to the Beast(who physically flipped a police cruiser on its side, for starters), as David appeared to be stronger and more durable than him.

In terms of durability, we don't actually know what David's upper limits are(sans weakness exploitation, obvs.)

He has:
-Survived a massive train derailment that killed everyone else on board, completely unscathed.
-And again, David's durability at least scales to the Beast(who only sustained superficial damage from close-range shotgun fire.)
good points. thumb up

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2023 07:30 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

He has:
Agreed. thumb up

He was literally unscathed, not a single scratch. But I suppose he did at least get knocked unconscious from the train derailment for a while? So someone who can bust a train should be able to knock him out, I guess.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 4th, 2023 01:39 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ODG
Agreed. thumb up

He was literally unscathed, not a single scratch. But I suppose he did at least get knocked unconscious from the train derailment for a while? So someone who can bust a train should be able to knock him out, I guess.
I'm really not sure, tbh.

David soaked the train derailment before he even knew that he had "powers" -- that was just his subconscious durability kicking in. And because David's stats increase in accordance with his mental state(ie. the more he believes in himself, the stronger he gets), that could have simply been the starting point for his overall durability. So by the time he fought the Beast, for example, it's possible that he wouldn't have even been KO'd by the derailment... But unfortunately we'll never know.

Either way, Unbreakable is a fantastic film, as is Split... Glass, not so much, but I still enjoyed it. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 4th, 2023 at 10:41 AM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2023 10:32 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Man, I should really watch these movies. I e only seen the first one

Old Post Jun 4th, 2023 03:00 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I'm really not sure, tbh.

David soaked the train derailment before he even knew that he had "powers" -- that was just his subconscious durability kicking in. And because David's stats increase in accordance with his mental state(ie. the more he believes in himself, the stronger he gets), that could have simply been the starting point for his overall durability. So by the time he fought the Beast, for example, it's possible that he wouldn't have even been KO'd by the derailment... But unfortunately we'll never know.

Either way, Unbreakable is a fantastic film, as is Split... Glass, not so much, but I still enjoyed it. thumb up

Glass ruined the entire trilogy.

Dunn in by a puddle.

And the flash photography triggering a personality shift was pure ass pull, Split never had a hint of such an exploitable weakness.

How did the anti meta organization even know everything they knew? What, did they have a crystal ball?

I guess Glass himself got one up on them, but that hardly tips the scales against all they've done.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2023 06:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Man, I should really watch these movies. I e only seen the first one

See the second, skip the third unless you enjoy seeing the characters from 1 and 2 easily countered by an omnipotent government organization designed to suppress metas.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2023 06:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ Wasn't the resolution of Glass that they couldn't suppress the existence of metas????????????

Old Post Jun 4th, 2023 10:37 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

David soaked the train derailment before he even knew that he had "powers" -- that was just his subconscious durability kicking in. And because David's stats increase in accordance with his mental state(ie. the more he believes in himself, the stronger he gets),
???

Old Post Jun 4th, 2023 10:46 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ The metal door scene towards the end of Glass(along with Elijah's dialogue) sort of showcases that, imo.

David starts off in total disbelief that he is anything special, and he initially causes no damage to the door at all... But the more he starts believing in himself/his abilities, the more damage he starts causing to the door, until he ultimately rams through it entirely.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 4th, 2023 at 11:11 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2023 11:08 PM
ODG

^ I'm not sure this idea of Dunn's psychological influence over his stats will manifest itself meaningfully to make a difference during a fight.

Maybe against a hero that fiercely holds back to their own detriment? But even the most withholding of heroes typically overcomes that.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2023 11:19 PM
h1a8

Tbh David started doubting himself because of the staff (anti meta Corp). In normal circumstances, or at his peak, he will be at full confidence in a forum fight.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jun 5th, 2023 12:35 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ODG
^ I'm not sure this idea of Dunn's psychological influence over his stats will manifest itself meaningfully to make a difference during a fight.

Maybe against a hero that fiercely holds back to their own detriment? But even the most withholding of heroes typically overcomes that.
Maybe, maybe not. Just mentioning a possibility.

Originally posted by h1a8
Tbh David started doubting himself because of the staff (anti meta Corp). In normal circumstances, or at his peak, he will be at full confidence in a forum fight.
OP stipulates this is David as of his final confrontation with the Beast. So yeah, full confidence is a given.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2023 12:46 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by ODG
^ Wasn't the resolution of Glass that they couldn't suppress the existence of metas????????????

Yeah, the ending was everything getting leaked in spite of their efforts to suppress.

The thing is, that won't necessarily stop them from kidnapping and murdering metas.. The public knows about the NSA spying on everyone, they still spy on everyone.

Plus there's the "Don't Look Up" scenerio, where a gullible public can be convinced to keep their head in the sand, even against experts.best efforts to alert them to a meteor heading towards Earth. Same basic concept could apply to anything, just convince the public the meta leaks are a massive hoax from a hacker group.

Last edited by cdtm on Jun 5th, 2023 at 02:48 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2023 02:46 AM
cdtm

I mean I've never seen no movies. These are movies? David Dunn sounds like a used car salesman. 🤠

Old Post Jun 5th, 2023 02:57 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Weakest character who can beat David Dunn?

Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
who's the weakest comic character that could defeat david dunn (from the movies unbreakable and glass) in a straight up brawl?

-no exotic powers or weaponry, just strength alone.
-no weakness exploitation.
-this is david as of his final fight with the beast.

Probably most street-level comics can, just because they're comics and likely have a lot more upper tier showings.

eg Wild Cat (Ted Grant) likely could take Dunn.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 5th, 2023 05:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote