KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » rumourville

rumourville
Started by: Suki

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Suki
~Smallville's Gal~

rumourville

Here are some rumors tht i heard around the net...

Tom Welling: Man of Steel?
Surely across the net, particularly at Superman-V.com, you've heard the rumors that director Bryan Singer has offered Tom Welling the role of Superman for the upcoming "Superman" film.

Tom Welling himself apparently added fuel to the speculation fire this week, in a brief quote to MTV which can be found here. Tom says he's signed on for a new movie, but he's "sworn to secrecy" as to what it is. "It's too early," he says.

And now for a bit of editorializing: We here at KryptonSite (or at least webmaster Craig) would love to see Tom in the role. However, if it would mean an early end for Smallville, we don't see the point or understand what the Warner Bros. movie division's rush is. How about letting the show run its 5-year course at least and then think about it? Besides KryptonSite being focused on Smallville the TV series and not the movie universe, maybe the reason we're not covering the movie stuf much is bitter frustration. A Superman movie does not *need* to happen now, but the movie division has a bug up its butt that seems to think it does. We've got good Superman right now, on TV, and even the casting of Tom Welling wouldn't make up for it.

Superhero Hype posted a scan of the August 15 call sheet for Chicago shooting of next year's film "Batman Begins." Most interesting on the call list? An actor named "T. Welling" playing a character named "Kent..."

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 12:30 PM
Suki is currently offline Click here to Send Suki a Private Message Find more posts by Suki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

i dont think tom wellingshould be superman cuz hes too young and im just used to seeing him be awkward about his powers. also, if they were to have welling as superman they should only have him in the begginging when theyre introducing superman/ when he first finds out about his powers

bitches bow down

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 07:15 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

But look at John Travolta... Saturday Night Fever, Grease... Swordfish?

Actors can make transitions.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 02:20 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

ya but then wont that ruin the pupose of smallville? unles they mak ethe movie after smallville ends

bitches bow down

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 08:13 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Well, the production of X-Men 3 was pushed back as Brian Singer was picked for the Superman movie.

I am not sure when the Superman movie will be shot.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 08:15 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

i dunno if tom wellin is a good choice.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 08:33 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

He has the experience, and makes a convincing Young Superman. Depends on the look they are going for. He would probably look kind of silly in the red and blue

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 08:39 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

me neither, hes too young unless the movie has him goin to be about clarks arrival in metropolis at the planet, other than that, no

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 08:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

and plus everybody knows him as younge Supes and it is hard to see him as old supes. everyone says hes old enough to be old supes but i dont think he should but we just have to wait for BS desicion.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 08:48 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

yeah, and i have sooo much faith in him

AH, we'll see, am hopeful, we might get a good movie out of all this.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 08:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

i dunno.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 08:55 PM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Ben Jelen as The Flash?

The New York Post reports that singer Ben Jelen ("Come On") is in talks with producers of Smallville about taking the role of Bart Allen/The Flash. No confirmation, yet, but in case you're curious, a picture of Ben is to the right of this article.

UPDATE AGAIN: Seems we jumped the gun on this one... though we thought we had confirmation, it seems Ben Jelen is NOT playing Bart Allen after all. Our apologies for the misinformation! The Flash is instead played by Kyle Gallner.

FLASH IS GOING TO BE IN SEASON 4!!!!!

Posted at www.kryptonsite.com

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 08:20 PM
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

!! awesome!!!

bitches bow down

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 01:12 AM
Rhino
Red is the new black

isnt the flash gonna be on a smallville episode? superherohype said something about it

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 07:05 PM
Rhino is currently offline Click here to Send Rhino a Private Message Find more posts by Rhino Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

quote:
Originally posted by Samurai Guy
Ben Jelen as The Flash?

The New York Post reports that singer Ben Jelen ("Come On") is in talks with producers of Smallville about taking the role of Bart Allen/The Flash. No confirmation, yet, but in case you're curious, a picture of Ben is to the right of this article.

UPDATE AGAIN: Seems we jumped the gun on this one... though we thought we had confirmation, it seems Ben Jelen is NOT playing Bart Allen after all. Our apologies for the misinformation! The Flash is instead played by Kyle Gallner.

FLASH IS GOING TO BE IN SEASON 4!!!!!

Posted at www.kryptonsite.com

Yes, Rhino

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 07:08 PM
Magee

Holy shit, flash in smallville... That would rock so much. They will probably race or sumthin.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 12:17 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

but theyll tie. did teh flash become a superhero b4 or after superman? what im asking is will he be normal adn they see each other use powers or is he already a hero or will they meet again after some itme and be like! hey ! i raced u on a farm when i was just starting out

bitches bow down

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 09:11 PM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

quote:
Originally posted by BloomBabyGirl
but theyll tie.

No they won't. Flash will win.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 01:03 PM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Batman Beginnings: T.Welling to play Kent?

Click here

Tom Welling is listed to play a character named "Kent." Any guesses?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 01:20 PM
liam k
i will not die

i heard it some fella called brandon routh, apparently byan singer got him. i read that this routh comes from a place called "Iowa"..... ? Apparently he beat aston kutcher to the part. And lex luther will be played by kevin spacey, jimmy will be played by Adam brody. so the 2006 film is going to be a hit.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 03:29 PM
liam k is currently offline Click here to Send liam k a Private Message Find more posts by liam k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote