KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » SMALLVILLE-losing its touch

SMALLVILLE-losing its touch
Started by: Beastro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

SMALLVILLE-losing its touch

SMALLVILLE used to be my favorite show for 3 consectutive years.It was a good drama and good thriller and always had tons of cool villians that impacted the stars lives.But in its fourth season its lost its touch.I saw the season premier and just stopped watching after that.Lana was in egypt clark was flying Lionel was in prison llex had a mythical dymand it was just a mess.My suggestion is.EITHER HIRED SOME GOOD WRITERS OR CANCEL THE SHOW.I was also looking back on the last few years and realized that nothings changed.No one new knows of clarks identity,he still cant fly on demand,and where still not any closer to findingout clarks origins or what his father wants.It just drives you in a circle.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 01:36 AM
Beastro is currently offline Click here to Send Beastro a Private Message Find more posts by Beastro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
charmedFairy
docanddimples junkie

Hm I luv smallvile but yea I see what you mean, it has started to lose its touch. Nothing new has happened that would leave fans guessing like before, the plot has starterd to become boring. Nevertheless, I have hope for it, and dont think Ill ever get tired of seeing Tom *drool* just gota have patience stick out tongue

no other words would do

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 06:05 AM
charmedFairy is currently offline Click here to Send charmedFairy a Private Message Find more posts by charmedFairy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

The plot hasnt only gotten boring it gotten stupid.I saw a trailer awhile back where lana was overcome by another one of those forces that make her like clark and she was making out with him in the barn

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 06:22 AM
Beastro is currently offline Click here to Send Beastro a Private Message Find more posts by Beastro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

smallville sucks laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 06:25 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilvorlandobloom

i like this season, its more fun!

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 07:48 AM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by A4E
smallville sucks laughing out loud

I'll ignore that roll eyes (sarcastic)

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 08:03 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

If your gonna let the prducers and writers fool around with you for another four season while they throw you cheap storylines with bad plots where nothing ever gets solved then be my guest.There's better things on on Wed.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 06:09 AM
charmedFairy
docanddimples junkie

like LOST love

no other words would do

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 10:37 PM
charmedFairy is currently offline Click here to Send charmedFairy a Private Message Find more posts by charmedFairy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

what the hell are you talking aboot beastro lana wasent in egypt... she was in france...

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 11:37 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry,I turned the televisionm off before I see anymore of that nonsense.France or Egypt its sucks either way.Way to let down the fans.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 12:12 AM
Shadow_King
-

i dunno i thought it was great...

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 01:20 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jak

Yes I have noticed that but I still thought it was awsome.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 01:14 PM
Jak is currently offline Click here to Send Jak a Private Message Find more posts by Jak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

I thought the premier was a bit of a let down, but I liked it non-the-less. My only Nit Pick is there really hasnt been a good FOTW (Freak of the Week) in a while. The only one that I was happy with thus far (Season Four) was Mxysptlyk (sp)

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 10:15 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

No good picks on primetime?

On Wed. check out LOST or CSI:NY they have way better characters and plotlines than Smallville.

I just hate how ive been watching for three years and nothing ever changes.

They needed that supernatural thing in France with Lana and Chloes fake death to keep ratings up.Then once they've got an audience there gonna bring it back down again and everything gonna be solved and nobody new is still gonna know who clark kent really is.They know once the lana,chloe, and lex know theres no more storyline,theres no more messing with your minds.So there gonna drag out the show as long as possible seeing as how its one of the Wb's main attractions.

Dont worry though maybe in season 8 lana will come close to knowing who clark is but then something will happen and she wont remember anything messed

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 12:58 AM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

quote:
Originally posted by Beastro
No good picks on primetime?

On Wed. check out LOST or CSI:NY they have way better characters and plotlines than Smallville.

How can you contrast CSI and Smallville? They are directed at entirely different age groups?On the topic of being unoriginal... CSI has like 1,000 different variants and... I remember there being shows like NYPD Blue and a lot of different cop shows out there.

CSI and Smallville are incompriable.

quote:
I just hate how ive been watching for three years and nothing ever changes.

They needed that supernatural thing in France with Lana and Chloes fake death to keep ratings up.Then once they've got an audience there gonna bring it back down again and everything gonna be solved and nobody new is still gonna know who clark kent really is.They know once the lana,chloe, and lex know theres no more storyline,theres no more messing with your minds.So there gonna drag out the show as long as possible seeing as how its one of the Wb's main attractions.

If you want to badmouth the show... at least make your agruments worthy of debate.

quote:
Dont worry though maybe in season 8 lana will come close to knowing who clark is but then something will happen and she wont remember anything messed

Wow... sarcasm! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 10:10 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

CSI: was different then just a cop show though.It showed how forensices worked and the great thing that people love about it is the mystery.

If you mean incomparable your wrong because the best show on television is much comparable to one of the worst.Not just my opinion either.Look at the ratings alot of people feel the same.

Hoe do I not know what im talking about?I was a die-hard smallville fan for three years.Tuesday and Wed. where my favorite nights of the week.It would take something really bad to draw me away.

But I started think.Once people know who clark really is they lose there show.They know that clark and lana's relationship is the key of the show and once its settled then they have no more show and they lose there audience.So there gonna drag it out as long as possible.I cant count the times I thought somebody fouund out who clark was only to find out that something weird happened to make them not see.I cant stand shows that toy with you like that.

If you wanna stick around for another 4 seasons of the same old crap then you go ahead.I have better things to do.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 05:33 AM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

quote:
CSI: was different then just a cop show though.It showed how forensices worked and the great thing that people love about it is the mystery.

So, what you are saying is that it is all personal preference? I expected as much.

quote:
If you mean incomparable your wrong because the best show on television is much comparable to one of the worst.Not just my opinion either.Look at the ratings alot of people feel the same.

That made no sense whatsoever (and excuse my spelling please) but I will form a rebuttle nonetheless.

How do you feel that the shows about two completely different things are comparable? One about a small town boy trying to fit in while being so obviously different, and one about a squad of obsessed police officers who read too much into everything (while it does pay off in the end) are on the same wavelength? Just because two things share a small similarity does not immediately leave them open for a direct comparison.

On a side note, I have watch exactly 3 episodes of CSI, two of which were the same thing. My parents love this show. When I am there it is 24/7 CSI. Literally. I sware you cannot menu surf without running into CSI or a variant of CSI atleast 18 times.

quote:
How do I not know what im talking about?I was a die-hard smallville fan for three years.Tuesday and Wed. were my favorite nights of the week. It would take something really bad to draw me away.

I have been die-hard since about mid second season. My brother got me obsessed. And I never said that you did not know what you were talking about. I said:

quote:
Originally posted by ***S***
If you want to badmouth the show... at least make your agruments worthy of debate.

There is a difference. And I am still waiting.

quote:
But I started think.Once people know who clark really is they lose there show.They know that clark and lana's relationship is the key of the show and once its settled then they have no more show and they lose there audience.So there gonna drag it out as long as possible.I cant count the times I thought somebody fouund out who clark was only to find out that something weird happened to make them not see.I cant stand shows that toy with you like that.

I can see where you are coming from with the rediculous "Lex lost his memory" idea that people will not remember that they learned Clarks secret. However you have to think to yourself, I am watching a show based on a Superhero whos idea of being in cognito is to take off his glasses and D.A. his hair.

Trust me, I can see your reasons, but they really dont show that Smallville is losing its touch. There ideas were fresh, but know they are moving into different aspects. They are showing that Clark and Lex's relationship is going on a hiatus, and that Clark is seeing his nemesis reveal himself. They are showing that Clark is getting more interested in journalism and being a sleuth... season four is not as good as season 2... which was my favourite. I still think it is better then season 3. I am just kind of pissed that they are leaving me on edge.

And I pose a question to you... when did you stop watching Smallville? What was the last episode you watched?

quote:
If you wanna stick around for another 4 seasons of the same old crap then you go ahead.I have better things to do.

Here is a little hint for you... there are to be 5 seasons of Smallville. Maybe 6 if we are lucky.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 09:19 PM
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
And I pose a question to you... when did you stop watching Smallville? What was the last episode you watched?

I stoped watching after the first episode of season 4.My whole family said "this sucks".I soon replaced it with CSI:NY which fit in nicely.

quote:
So, what you are saying is that it is all personal preference? I expected as much.

Personal preference?30 million people tune into CSI: every week while Smallvilles lucky to draw out 7 million confused .

quote:
Here is a little hint for you... there are to be 5 seasons of Smallville. Maybe 6 if we are lucky.

If where lucky they'll cancel the show realizing it cant possibly go on. Another 2 season will be unbearable.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 12:53 AM
Jak

quote:
I

If where lucky they'll cancel the show realizing it cant possibly go on.

If you dislike it so much then why waste your life talking about how much it sucks?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 03:43 AM
Jak is currently offline Click here to Send Jak a Private Message Find more posts by Jak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im making a statement,warning other people.I dont see how that is wasting time.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 09:13 AM