KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » The Limit of Clark's Powers

The Limit of Clark's Powers
Started by: crazylozer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
crazylozer
n00b boy

The Limit of Clark's Powers

I noticed in a few of the threads that people have several disagreements on the extent of Clark's powers. Here's a place to discuss. I'm not actually aware of how depowered post-crisis Supes is, but in my mind, invulnerability means invincible (other than the obvious kryptonite weakness, like the writers would ever let us forget about that).

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 04:25 AM
crazylozer is currently offline Click here to Send crazylozer a Private Message Find more posts by crazylozer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazylozer
n00b boy

Oh, and in response to Uber Jedi: no, krypton's gravity was not that much greater, and higher gravity acclimitization will not cause a person to fly. If that were true, extremely strong (in relativity to their size) animals such as ants could fly, but they can't. He gets powers because of the altered energy levels given off by the yellow sun. Kryptonite gives people powers because of radiation, which alters DNA. Because it is a television show, they simplify it and say that the kryptonite gives people special powers.

In addition, it could be argued that a massive nuclear warhead could kill Superman. With the explosion in effect weakening him, if ever so slightly, he couldn't escape the mushroom cloud blocking out the energy of the sun.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 04:52 AM
crazylozer is currently offline Click here to Send crazylozer a Private Message Find more posts by crazylozer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Clark has no limits to his powers.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 09:08 PM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Ditto. As long as there's a yellow sun. He has no limits. He gets stronger and more powerful as time passes.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 09:17 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by crazylozer
Oh, and in response to Uber Jedi: no, krypton's gravity was not that much greater, and higher gravity acclimitization will not cause a person to fly. If that were true, extremely strong (in relativity to their size) animals such as ants could fly, but they can't. He gets powers because of the altered energy levels given off by the yellow sun. Kryptonite gives people powers because of radiation, which alters DNA. Because it is a television show, they simplify it and say that the kryptonite gives people special powers.

In addition, it could be argued that a massive nuclear warhead could kill Superman. With the explosion in effect weakening him, if ever so slightly, he couldn't escape the mushroom cloud blocking out the energy of the sun.

A nuclear warhead wouldn't kill Superman (comic version anyway) he's survived 20 warheads and even a planet explosion without so much of a tear in his cape.

Clouds also don't block his powers. If this were true than Superman would be powerless at night...

No offense guy but you're massively uninformed about his powers and how they work.

Here's a good site that explains it.

http://braveandthebold.net/characters/traits/1013.html

Last edited by Draco69 on Nov 8th, 2005 at 09:21 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 09:19 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly and once Superman stores up enough energy from the yellow sun,he won't need one anymore to keep his power.cough Superman Prime cough

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 10:31 PM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazylozer
n00b boy

I personally haven't actually seen those comics where he was hit by nukes, so my bad. But scientifically, through clouds and the nighttime, the Earth is still bombarded by energy from the sun, it simply is not in its visible form. In its gamma form, very few substances can block the sun's radiation, but nuclear clouds, with their radioactive makeup, can. So how exactly does he work though, is he some kind of rechargeable battery of solar power?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 02:04 AM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

You hit the nail on the head.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 12:55 PM
crazylozer
n00b boy

So then why would he be weakened when he is under the influence of a red sun; doesn't he have energy reserves?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:18 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Red Solar Energy basically makes his reserves drain exponentially faster.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:38 AM
crazylozer
n00b boy

So when the Sun turns into a red star, Superman would die then, right?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 04:10 AM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

No,he'd just lose his powers.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 12:54 AM
crazylozer
n00b boy

So would he be the age of what he was when he stopped/slowed aging, or thousands of years old?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 02:53 AM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Draco69
A nuclear warhead wouldn't kill Superman (comic version anyway) he's survived 20 warheads and even a planet explosion without so much of a tear in his cape.

Clouds also don't block his powers. If this were true than Superman would be powerless at night...

No offense guy but you're massively uninformed about his powers and how they work.

Here's a good site that explains it.

http://braveandthebold.net/characters/traits/1013.html

But his cape would tear. The thin invulnerable force-field that envelopes his body does not extend to his cape. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 06:22 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

His costume is just as invulnerable as he is.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 03:19 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
His costume is just as invulnerable as he is.

No, the invisible field that surrounds him and makes him invulnerable extends to his costume, but not his cape. yes

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 05:46 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doesn't Pre-Crisis Superman have the ability to absorb peope's powers?Can someone list ALL of his powers(Pre-Crisis Superman)and how much he could lift at maximum?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 11:15 PM
crazylozer
n00b boy

Your wish is my command:

Invulnerability, X-ray vision, Telescopic vision, Electromagnetic vision(infared, ultraviolet, etc.), Heat vision, Hypnosis, Super-hearing,Super voice (impersonating, sound effects, ventriloquism, etc.), Flight, Freeze breath, Hurricane breath, Super speed (up to time travel speeds), Hyper-intelligence (IQ, comprehension, memory, etc.)

As for strength, he can basically kick anyone in the DC comic universe's ass.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 03:56 AM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks. smile With those powers he can defeat anyone.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 03:13 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Here's a question: What's the difference between Pre-Crisis and whatever other Superman there is?

And, for that matter, what the hell is Pre-Crisis?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 04:42 PM