KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Who thinks that Clark can fly already?

Who thinks that Clark can fly already?
Started by: Jamaican

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jamaican

Who thinks that Clark can fly already?

Who thinks that Clark can already fly?? (Don't read if you aren't up-to-date with Smallville)

I was having a discussion with a friend on another subject and while we were having it he said Clark knows how to fly. I said "Hold Up - he doesn't know HOW to fly yet", to which he said yes.

His reasoning is that in the 100th episode where he takes Lana to the Fortress, he flys up to a higher point with her in his hands. Before he said that, I always assumed he jumped. But it got me thinking.

Then of course the other side to it is that he always runs, if he knew how to fly, wouldn't he?? I would... Also in the last episode (I think it was the last one) when Martian Manhunter flys away, wouldn't he chase after him VIA flying??

Let me know your thoughts

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 04:32 PM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

He know's he has fly'd before abut he doesnt know that He's capable of doing it, he makes up excuses like, "It was Kal-el" and "I woke up hovering"

But I kind of see why he doesnt try. How would you go about trying to fly?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 04:48 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jamaican

The same way he's gone about controlling his other powers. I'd sit down and concentrate. I'm sure if he were to do that he could at least see that he can start to hover here or there. As it is, it's not that he CAN fly, it's that he's low level telekinetic, therefore can move himself where he wants. Besides him hovering, there's already been proof of this on the show. If he were to really concentrate, he could do it...

If that fails, there's always the approached made in the movie "Hook" lol. I'd jump off of mountains, cliffs, etc. etc.

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 04:56 PM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

That's a good point. I seem to remember that scene. Did Clark fly there?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 09:48 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jamaican

quote: (post)
Originally posted by H. S. 6
That's a good point. I seem to remember that scene. Did Clark fly there?

My friend claims he did. I thought that he jumped, and maybe willed his way to where ever he wanted (while in mid-air).

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 10:57 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

No he hasnt. Everything to date has been a jump.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 11:46 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I doubt he knows how to fly yet, he has the capability i believe, im thinking he just doesnt train enough?

TGFwashere

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 11:49 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Clark has been fully aware of his ability to fly and has done it a few times since he was Kal-El. He remembers everything from when he was "reprogrammed as Kal-El" including flight. He simply doesn't like doing it. Because he already has issues with being different. He can't get much more different from the human race than flying without being propelled by anything can he? As for all this jump talk, think about it for a minute, how would anyone takeoff to fly, most of the time with a jump. Thou occasionally by hovering first.

He flew again when he had to stop the missiles from detonating.
How do you think he got back down from space to the Earth. I highly doubt he just fell back to Earth and crashed.
He was hovering not jumping with Lana in the fortress of solitude.
He didn't chase J'onn because 1 he was startled. 2 what would he say? 3 dude just wasted someone that was literally manhandling him.

Clark knows how to fly. He just doesn't like doing it. It makes him feel even more separated from humanity.
Plus the writers and producers of Smallville feel doing it brings him to close to Superman and not Clark.
Which is what the show is about. CLARK not Superman!!!

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Last edited by Entity on Nov 29th, 2006 at 04:43 AM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:40 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jamaican

quote:
He simply doesn't like doing it. Because he already has issues with being different. He can't get much more different from the human race than flying without being propelled by anything can he?

He doesn't like being different - agreed. But either way if they don't see him running at superspeed, they aren't going to see him flying at that speed anyway. That's not the reason. And yes he has done it at times before AND after being Kal-el. (Floating in bed while dreaming of Lana. Sleep "flying" when being awakened by Lex's porsche in the middle of the road, etc etc).

quote:
As for all this jump talk, think about it for a minute, how would anyone takeoff to fly, most of the time with a jump. Thou occasionally by hovering first.

You have a point. As we've seen from the shows on TV with persons being able to fly, they usually jump first. Although if it were me, I'd definitely hover first. It looks so cool.

quote:

No, he jumped. That's why he jumped and started sliding down the rocket (or the rocket kept going and he wasn't going up anymore). Whatever your frame of reference, he jumped. And as for him falling back to Earth, yeah, that's how I imagine it. Although I do believe, as I've stated before, that his power's are Psionic, therefore he has control over his body and where it goes.

quote:
He didn't chase J'onn because 1 he was startled. 2 what would he say? 3 dude just wasted someone that was literally manhandling him.

1) I don't care how startled you are, you're going to chase after him. He's done it before (being startled and then asking questions right away). 2) What/who are you? Why'd you kill him/Save my life? Where are you from? All questions he's asked when strange occurances happen on the show. 3)I'm sure if Clark wasn't an idiot he could've handled that guy, the fact of the matter is that the writers don't let Clark use his brain. Not to mention that fact you said in your 3rd statement - he obviously has no problem with Clark AND was looking out for him since he did that.

quote:
Plus the writers and producers of Smallville feel doing it brings him to close to Superman and not Clark. Which is what the show is about. CLARK not Superman!!!

Actually I thought the whole show was about Clark becoming Superman. His journey to that...

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 06:16 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by Entity
Clark has been fully aware of his ability to fly and has done it a few times since he was Kal-El. He remembers everything from when he was "reprogrammed as Kal-El" including flight. He simply doesn't like doing it. Because he already has issues with being different. He can't get much more different from the human race than flying without being propelled by anything can he? As for all this jump talk, think about it for a minute, how would anyone takeoff to fly, most of the time with a jump. Thou occasionally by hovering first.

How do you think he got back down from space to the Earth. I highly doubt he just fell back to Earth and crashed.
He was hovering not jumping with Lana in the fortress of solitude.

Clark knows how to fly. He just doesn't like doing it. It makes him feel even more separated from humanity.
Plus the writers and producers of Smallville feel doing it brings him to close to Superman and not Clark.
Which is what the show is about. CLARK not Superman!!!

I mostly agree with this. Clark knows he CAN fly, he just wont accept it yet. Clarks flight comes from just his sheer willpower (he has to will himself to do it) and if he dosent want to do it, then he cant, even if he knows he could if he REALLY wanted to.

I think that his "first" real flight will happen when he's got no other choice but to do it. Kind of a do or die situation. I could see something happening where say a bunch of people are in HUGE trouble (hopefully because of Lex) and there's absolutely no way that he could get to them all in time to save them by running. and I could see Martha (seeing as shes the only one to see him fly as of now) saying something like:

"You know what you have to do Clark, its time to accept that your different, accept that your something more then human. There are people that need you, and your the only one that can save them. Its time to let it go, to be who you really are." etc. etc.

At which point you'd have Clark wrestling with himself over the issue, eventually realising he has no choice and he just does it.

Thats what I think anyways.

But, as of right now Clark has NOT flown at all except in "Crusade" where he was Kal-El. Everything else was a really high jump.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 12:08 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

The only time Clark has flown was in the second episode where he hoverd over his bed, in the first episode of season 2 where he "willed" himself towards Lana in the tornado, and finaly in Crusade.

Everything eles was a jump, think about it when he saw MM he said "He has powers i can only dream of" and seeing as hes got heat vision i doubt he'd be talking about a burning touch, another thing to think about though is that Clark is afraid of hights so why would he want to fly even if he knew how he did it...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 07:52 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rubinator
is SYLAR

As i recall clark saying that he is afraid of hights or something like that

I also remeber he flew in the episode with christopher reeves called rosetta, he flies in the begging and in in the cave and flys over to the wall and wakes up in the middle of the street almost hit by lex's car

Last edited by rubinator on Dec 1st, 2006 at 01:48 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 01:45 AM
rubinator is currently offline Click here to Send rubinator a Private Message Find more posts by rubinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

You can all cry jump to all the other times he flew but, when he was with Lana in the fortress that was the absolute slowest "jump" I have ever seen. Clark was flying then just like he has a few other times so accept it.

Is it really so horrible to let him fly just a little bit?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 03:53 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Well it looked like a really looooooong jump because when they switched camera angles the jump actually sped up

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 01:24 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
complexbrother
The protector of logic

Originally posted by Sparkz
The only time Clark has flown was in the second episode where he hoverd over his bed, in the first episode of season 2 where he "willed" himself towards Lana in the tornado, and finaly in Crusade.

Everything eles was a jump, think about it when he saw MM he said "He has powers i can only dream of" and seeing as hes got heat vision i doubt he'd be talking about a burning touch, another thing to think about though is that Clark is afraid of hights so why would he want to fly even if he knew how he did it...

this statment makes more sense than anything else I have read thus far.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 03:09 PM
complexbrother is currently offline Click here to Send complexbrother a Private Message Find more posts by complexbrother Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by Entity
You can all cry jump to all the other times he flew but, when he was with Lana in the fortress that was the absolute slowest "jump" I have ever seen. Clark was flying then just like he has a few other times so accept it.

Is it really so horrible to let him fly just a little bit?

Actually if you watch the "jump" then you'd see at the end it is clearly a jump and not flying.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 09:28 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sapphiremouse

what episode was it when Martha and Lionel were being held hostage in Lex Corp. ? Im not saying that was the first time Clark has shown bein afraid of heights. In that one in order to help save his mother he had to jump from building to building. The look on his face was like...uummmm not sure about this.. LOL

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 06:47 PM
sapphiremouse is currently offline Click here to Send sapphiremouse a Private Message Find more posts by sapphiremouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tythriel

Im pretty sure that somewhere along there it mentions Kal-el flies through a sheer force of will. Clark just hasn't found the will power yet to get his feet off the ground. (Could be for his fear of heights, or fear of unleashing his full potential)

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:31 AM
Tythriel is currently offline Click here to Send Tythriel a Private Message Find more posts by Tythriel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dru-Zod

Originally posted by Jamaican
No, he jumped.

Actually, before he got off the grouns, we saw that sort of «super speed air» thing that he did before he flew whene he was Kal-El.

So my theory is that he knows he CAN fly but he can only do it whene he feels really strong emotions (the missil it was fear of loosing his loved ones and with lana it was love (although with Lanan it could have been a jump)) but the only reason why he doesn't try to fly is beacause HE'S SCARED OF HIGHTS!!! No 1 seems to have remembered that! He makes such a big fuss of that in the frist season!

And theres also the 6th season premier whene he's fighting against Zod and they were FLYING! No 1 can tell me that tha was a jump! YOu might think that it was only Zod that was flying, but Clark couldn't have stayed that close to him if he wasn't flying as well!

Last edited by Dru-Zod on Jan 2nd, 2007 at 06:59 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 06:50 PM
Dru-Zod is currently offline Click here to Send Dru-Zod a Private Message Find more posts by Dru-Zod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

In one of the first episodes, he is falling and stays in mid-air, in the barn I believe. Also when he had that dream in one of the first ones, he wakes up floating. I thought they would expand it like X-Ray vision but they didn't. Maybe they will at a future date, I believe he can actually fly atm.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 07:22 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote