KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Why can't Clark understand any languages like Supes. Wasn't it all taught by Jor El.

Why can't Clark understand any languages like Supes. Wasn't it all taught by Jor El.
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Why can't Clark understand any languages like Supes. Wasn't it all taught by Jor El.

Meaning during Clarks' travels through space as a baby in his pod that headed to earth and then again when he went to the fortress of solitude every so often.

Wasn't he taught like everything there is to know about mankind by Jor El?

Because I was confused with why Clark didn't understand Spanish when it was spoken to him, in the show.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 07:33 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Maybe it will happen during his training which he hasnt started yet.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 08:30 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

He went to the Fortress when he needed something. Little is known about the ship since its disappearance (I think it disappeared), but I believe that Jor-El just made a ship containing a message rather than a one that was able to educate the infant Kal-El.

And I agree that Clark will be trained in the Fortress when he's ready.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 08:48 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Maybe it will happen during his training which he hasnt started yet.

Yea but learning languages isn't training. It's learning something that is taught to you. And i just assumed that he was taught how to speak all the languages of man while Jor El was teaching him about mankind as a baby in his pod on his way here.

i dunno.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 11:50 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

How do we know he was even trained in the pod? I mean, he may have been in the movie, but this is Smallville we're talking about here.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 12:16 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

I think it's part of the training/learning

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 12:47 AM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I have no idea what your talking about. Clark was like 3 years old in the pod, this Clark (modren Clark) isnt an uber intelligent being anymore, he's not gonna learn languages in a pod before he gets here.

It'd be kinda ridiculous when Martha and Johnathan find him he steps out of his space pod and says "hey whats up?" in perfect English.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 08:17 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I have no idea what your talking about. Clark was like 3 years old in the pod, this Clark (modren Clark) isnt an uber intelligent being anymore, he's not gonna learn languages in a pod before he gets here.

It'd be kinda ridiculous when Martha and Johnathan find him he steps out of his space pod and says "hey whats up?" in perfect English.

Babies start talking at 2 (in some cases even before that) and isn't Superman suppose to be like really intelligent? - (he does posses excellent memory, super-speed reading and is an incredibly fast learner).

I mean he like scientifically smart and maybe even from the time he landed on earth.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 08:16 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Babies start talking at 2 (in some cases even before that) and isn't Superman suppose to be like really intelligent? - (he does posses excellent memory, super-speed reading and is an incredibly fast learner).

I mean he like scientifically smart and maybe even from the time he landed on earth.

Not sure if that is how it is in Smallville.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 08:19 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Superman has not possessed "Super Intelligence" since the Pre-Crisis days if I remember. Although they are slowly starting to bring it back in the comics I think.

And though Clark has Super Speed Reading, it doesn't mean he understands what he's reading better then a human, meaning he could read an advanced quantum physics book in like 3 seconds, but that doesn't equate to actually understanding it.

Plus he doesn't have super powers when he's 3, and especially not when he's in his space pod. Because 1) his powers don't come until a much later age and 2) he's had ZERO exposure to a yellow sun.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 09:43 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jamaican

If you go through some of the episodes (earlier I think like 1st-2nd season) Clark shows how fast he can compute things in his head.

He is supposed to be smarter than the average person I believe. Also, weren't Kryptonians a very bright race? Even apart from that, his father was a genius wasn't he? He should get at least some brains from him...

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 06:06 AM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Yes, Clark can read things at super speed, and is very smart, but he no longer has the "uber pre-crisis super intellect" that he used to have. Clark couldn't speak any other languages because he obviously hadn't learned them yet. Which makes perfect sense, why would he? Clark isnt like super superior to regular humans in the intelligence game anymore, smart for sure, but I mean it can be argued (and prolly is true) that Bruce Wayne is smarter then Clark is.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 01:23 AM
purelitenite

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Yes, Clark can read things at super speed, and is very smart, but he no longer has the "uber pre-crisis super intellect" that he used to have. Clark couldn't speak any other languages because he obviously hadn't learned them yet. Which makes perfect sense, why would he? Clark isnt like super superior to regular humans in the intelligence game anymore, smart for sure, but I mean it can be argued (and prolly is true) that Bruce Wayne is smarter then Clark is.

like all of clark's super abilities, certain parts of his brain have not kicked in yet. Even if it does kick in, he still needs to learn how to use it. has clark flown yet? yes. can he fly? yes. does he know how to fly? not yet.

in the comic clark and bruce travled the world looking for training. They even crossed paths in tibet without even knowing it. they do not meet as batman and superman until years later. as for who is stronger. superman leans back on his supermuscles and uses his brain. batman thinks things through and uses his trained body. brains beats brawn any day of the week.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 06:22 PM
purelitenite is currently offline Click here to Send purelitenite a Private Message Find more posts by purelitenite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkchoco
The Man of Steel

The Flash is superfast and can read really fast, understand what he is reading, and remember it. Clark already started his training, he wont be done until he introduces himself to the world as Superman. I think he might learn many Languages when he travles the world like Africa, before he becomes Superman.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 03:53 AM
Darkchoco is currently offline Click here to Send Darkchoco a Private Message Find more posts by Darkchoco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
purelitenite

Originally posted by Darkchoco
The Flash is superfast and can read really fast, understand what he is reading, and remember it. Clark already started his training, he wont be done until he introduces himself to the world as Superman. I think he might learn many Languages when he travles the world like Africa, before he becomes Superman.

flashes read super fast and can only hold it in there short term memory. bart allen the only one with super speed and a photographic memory. They never confirmed the flash's real name. if he was bart allen he would of have to of come from the 31st century.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 01:57 AM
purelitenite is currently offline Click here to Send purelitenite a Private Message Find more posts by purelitenite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkchoco
The Man of Steel

Thats who i ment, bart.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 02:02 AM
Darkchoco is currently offline Click here to Send Darkchoco a Private Message Find more posts by Darkchoco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkchoco
The Man of Steel

and they do call him bart in the show, so i beleive he is bart.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 02:03 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by purelitenite
like all of clark's super abilities, certain parts of his brain have not kicked in yet. Even if it does kick in, he still needs to learn how to use it. has clark flown yet? yes. can he fly? yes. does he know how to fly? not yet.

in the comic clark and bruce travled the world looking for training. They even crossed paths in tibet without even knowing it. they do not meet as batman and superman until years later. as for who is stronger. superman leans back on his supermuscles and uses his brain. batman thinks things through and uses his trained body. brains beats brawn any day of the week.

What in gods name are you talking about? Unless Bruce has Kryptonite, Batman cant win against Supes.

2 resons why Superman loses to Batman:

1) PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity)
2) Kryptonite

There is a comic scan somewhere where Bruce admits that if Clark wanted to he could Crush him with his superspeed, but Clark is too nice and wont do it. But the fact remains that Superman can move faster then Batman can think. Supes, if he REALLY wanted to, could superspeed over to Batman and break his neck effortlessly before Batman could even think to move, let alone stop Supes. Batman himself even knows this, afterall, Bats isnt stupid.

In closing, if Superman went all out (i.e. Bloodlusted) Then there is NOTHING Batman could do to stop him. Batman would be dead in under a second.

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on Feb 1st, 2007 at 12:45 AM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 12:39 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

I'd be more confused as to the comic he was talking about. Since when does Clark go to Tibet to seek training?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 01:48 PM
Colombiankilla
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah stop cofusing people

Wherever there's trouble there's always some fat guy there to help or the Justice League

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 08:37 PM
Colombiankilla is currently offline Click here to Send Colombiankilla a Private Message Find more posts by Colombiankilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote