KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » The Final Word From The Producers Regarding Batman And Welling In The Suit

The Final Word From The Producers Regarding Batman And Welling In The Suit
Started by: ~JP~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~JP~
yeah baby

Arrow The Final Word From The Producers Regarding Batman And Welling In The Suit

Brief interview with Al Gogh.

quote:

Every Smallville fan has heard rumors about seeing a young Bruce "Batman" Wayne do a cameo on the show. Will that day ever come?
Again, sadly, no. Batman, the Feature Division [of Warners] has. Christopher Nolan has done a fantastic job, it’s a fantastic movie. But they’ve kind of taken Batman off the table for us.

Have you ever thought about Tom Welling donning the costume -- just to get an idea of "what if"?
No, it's actually in his contract that he won't wear the costume. (Laughter) I’m not sure what he does at home, but on the show, he’s not wearing the costume. And again, not to conflict with the movies, [Warners Feature Film Division] doesn’t want him in the costume, and we don’t want him in the costume. [Smallville is] a different show altogether.

http://blog.meevee.com/my_weblog/2007/03/m...exclusiv_1.html

Now let this be the end of it PLEASE GOD

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 03:13 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

Thank god. That suit is so gay anyways. If they were to put a suit on him I would hope that it is waaay more modern and less revealing.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 03:21 AM
Amazon is currently offline Click here to Send Amazon a Private Message Find more posts by Amazon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkchoco
The Man of Steel

Dude the suit is what makes him Superman, Dont call it gay stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 05:03 AM
Darkchoco is currently offline Click here to Send Darkchoco a Private Message Find more posts by Darkchoco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
davood
Lana Hater

big muscular guy running around in spandex, scared to go all the way with his only female love "interest"

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 06:19 AM
davood is currently offline Click here to Send davood a Private Message Find more posts by davood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkchoco
Dude the suit is what makes him Superman, Dont call it gay stick out tongue

It's just that he tries to remain inconspicous yet he wears a bright blue suit, with underwear on the outside confused and a big red cape. Why doesn't he just wear a t-shirt saying. I'm not gonna try to hide anymore my name is Clark Kent and I'm an alien. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not to mention that the no collar thing is sooooo 70's. And not the good punk part of the 70's either.... The really bad, lame ass bell bottom part of the 70's.

I think it's more meant for comic's. A little easier for the artists to draw... But in real life the outfit could be so much cooler.pirate

Last edited by Amazon on Mar 3rd, 2007 at 07:08 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 07:03 AM
Amazon is currently offline Click here to Send Amazon a Private Message Find more posts by Amazon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

The suit is timeless. It's simplistic, retro, regal, and everything that a superhero needs. It's come to represent not only power and strength, but also responsibility. Would you prefer him in a leather jacket? It's friggin' Superman!

And Superman isn't the alter ego in which he wishes to be inconspicuous, it's Clark Kent, or rather Metropolis Clark. There're three aspects of Superman's personality: there's Superman, the hero; Metropolis Clark, the clumsy and shy reporter from Kansas; and then there's Smallville Clark, aka Kal-El, who's just himself.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 10:40 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

Haha Sorry dude, that's just how I feel. stick out tongue

But if superman ins't trying to remian inconspicous why doesn't he tell eveyone his name is Kal-el or Clark??

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 11:52 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by Dan-El
The suit is timeless.

It's also stupid looking IMHO stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 12:14 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkchoco
The Man of Steel

A Suit identifies that hero, A person could have the exact same powers but its their suit and name that make them the hero they are.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 04:21 PM
Darkchoco is currently offline Click here to Send Darkchoco a Private Message Find more posts by Darkchoco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

They arnt going to have Clark in the suit.... miffed

WTF is this BS?? That the main reason for me watching the show, to see Clark grow into Superman, then at the end don the 'S', thats THE reason for the show. Smallville is a great show (most of the time anyways) but if they don't have Clark in the suit, even if its only for 2 seconds at the end in the final episode, it will be the biggest, dumbest, most retarded letdown I've ever seen on a TV show. To have a build up for 6-7 years and not have him in the suit at the end will leave a LOT of people really really pissed off and let down.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on Mar 4th, 2007 at 08:16 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 08:14 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Originally posted by Amazon
Haha Sorry dude, that's just how I feel. stick out tongue

But if superman ins't trying to remian inconspicous why doesn't he tell eveyone his name is Kal-el or Clark??
While he doesn't try and hide his appearance (mask or what ever) he still does not want people knowing who he is to protect his loved ones. What Superman does is have people beleive he is Superman all day every day with no alter ego therefore no one suspects anything. Although anyone who knows Clark and Supes would instantly know who he is by looking at him... However this is not the case in comics lol.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 09:14 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

What about this one? Is this one ridiculous looking too? I love it!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 10:03 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

Originally posted by Magee
While he doesn't try and hide his appearance (mask or what ever) he still does not want people knowing who he is to protect his loved ones. What Superman does is have people beleive he is Superman all day every day with no alter ego therefore no one suspects anything. Although anyone who knows Clark and Supes would instantly know who he is by looking at him... However this is not the case in comics lol.

I guess that makes sense. Still I don't like the outfit. Everything else about superman has been updated over the years I figured they would want to update the outfit. At least a little.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 12:16 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by Dan-El
What about this one? Is this one ridiculous looking too? I love it!

(please log in to view the image)

This one isnt bad.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 02:27 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

It's from Wizard Magazine, when they asked "What if DC went Ultimate like Marvel?" "Ultimate Superman" as it was called in the article, would've taken place five years after Smallville.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 02:32 AM
Amazon

Hmmmm He has a collar and no underwear on the outside... not too bad. Still a little revealing though. I just don't think guys should be wearing spandex. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 06:51 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

No, you cant change Supe's costume, its timeless, and it IS Superman, everything else is secondary.

They should just put him in a modified version of the Returns costume, but to fit Welling. It was not spandex (more like rubberish), and it looked cool, but it was still basically the same suit, except updated for today a bit.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 06:51 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Re: The Final Word From The Producers Regarding Batman And Welling In The Suit

Originally posted by ~JP~
Brief interview with Al Gogh.

http://blog.meevee.com/my_weblog/2007/03/m...exclusiv_1.html

Now let this be the end of it PLEASE GOD

I don't believe a word of this. You mean to tell me that they can't have Christian Bale do a small cameo. Or perhaps have another actor play Bruce Wayne. Tom Welling certainly wasn't Superman in that recently horrible film. As for the superman costume, that has been a stable of the superman mythos for years. Tom Welling is going to have to wear when Smallville finally ends.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 10:56 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Re: Re: The Final Word From The Producers Regarding Batman And Welling In The Suit

Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
I don't believe a word of this.

Accept it as these are the facts.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 11:37 PM
Kon-El

Yeah that is lame that he cant ware the costume but i have read somewhere that he wont ware the costume because that stands in his conctract messed

"You'll be different, sometimes you will feel like an outcast, but you will never be alone, you will make my strength your own, you will see my life trough your eyes, as your life i will see trough mine. Son becomes a father, a father becomes a son"

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 01:35 PM
Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote