KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Doesnt this just suck?

Doesnt this just suck?
Started by: Jedi Priestess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~JP~
yeah baby

Doesnt this just suck?

I have always had Ad Aware, SpyBot, Syngate firewall and some form of anti-virus running on my computer. I started out with the freebie Norton my comp came with which was excellent. When that ran out I switched at AVG but it kept missing things. SO last week I switched to McAfee. Lo and behold last night I find out that a %#$$@@# virus has completely wiped my D aka Recovery Drive. blink guess whos computer did NOT come with the XP discs? AND the friggen warranty ran out 2 months ago. Once I managed to get it uncrippled enough to run (not great but Im here) I downloaded and ran Norton. And looky looky! THIRTEEN FREAKING VIRUS'S ARE IDENTIFIED!!! mad mad And the final icing on the cake is that when I finally get the restore discs and get them running the ONLY way to fix this is to completely wipe my hard drive which is at this time 60% full of school things, cheerleading things, and my precious SW stuff. And I am gonna lose it all.

Moral of this story is never buy HP they SUCK and always use NORTON for your anti-virus needs. sad sad sad

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 01:57 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

OOOPS sorry I had NO idea N&Q had a subforum for computer. Damn I need to get out more. messed

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 03:02 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

can you not burn your work onto CD, or be tedious and email stuff to yourself

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 06:45 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Yup, backup and re-install.

Did you keep your virus definitions up to date? If so, you may have had a misconfigured virus scanner running.

You should test your virus scanner by using the harmless eicar test virus: http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 08:31 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

ah but see theres the rub......apparently the part of your computer that allows you to copy stuff and burn onto a disk was located on the now wiped clean drive messed Im completely screwed. mad

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 01:19 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

well on Tuesday my hard drive died a horrible death. SO I went out and bought a new one and installed that baby myself big grin
BUT this seems to make too much noise.....when I access my picture files its really noisy.........or so it seems compared to my old one.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 05:59 AM
Raz
Meister

Admin

As long as its not a rattling noise, then theres nothing you can really do about it.

Some of the cheaper hard drives tend to be louder than most.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 12:48 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote