KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » SPYWARE...HELP ME PlzZz!!!

SPYWARE...HELP ME PlzZz!!!
Started by: IntelliExplorer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
IntelliExplorer

Shocked SPYWARE...HELP ME PlzZz!!!

well hi friends,i am new to this forum and almost new to this spyware and addware problems.
well i will explain it.after the regular scanning of my system which i does once in a week with Symantec Corporate Edition and AdAware Personal SE today i am stuck with some problem.Its regarding my "Homepage".Usually i dont hav any specified Homepage,i always use it as "about blank".well after the scanning my homepage change to this URL "hp.naupoint.com".So i went to the "internet Options" and again set it to "about blank" but when i clicked the explorer it went to the URL "hp.naupoint.com".again when i checked the internet option it was "about blank" in there but it had no effect.So i restarted my system but of no use,its the default homepage(hp.naupoint.com) and some other URLs got added to "My Favourites" list.I tried deleting it many times and even i tried setting "Yahoo" as my homepage but it wont change.i tried scanning with Spybot search n destroy but of no use.Someone plzz help me,i dont know whether this has been discussed earlier eventhough plz help me.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 10:30 AM
IntelliExplorer is currently offline Click here to Send IntelliExplorer a Private Message Find more posts by IntelliExplorer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Try deleting your cookies, i dunno if that may help, if you are worried about Spyware go to 'Download.Com' (totally legit) and usually you can find something for combating spyware on there.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 10:47 AM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IntelliExplorer

I hav scanned my comp with SpyBotmessedearch n Destroyand tried deleting the cookies.But the problem still exists

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 11:12 AM
IntelliExplorer is currently offline Click here to Send IntelliExplorer a Private Message Find more posts by IntelliExplorer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i am having the same problem. i have to sweep with ad-aware and macaffe 2 or 3 times before the thing gets deleted. and the f*cker keeps coming back. so evertime i log-on i have to do that before i could check my e-mail. this thing is evil

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 07:06 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Ive had spybot and the program blows. Try Spysweeper.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 08:04 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

works fine to me JP

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 12:14 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 05:47 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote