KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Pointers for quick Computer Help

Pointers for quick Computer Help
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

Pointers for quick Computer Help

After a quick PM to Raz, there has come an agreement that there could/should be a note up here to ensure people with computer problems can have their problems solved quickly.

How can this be done?

1. Well, the most important thing is already the title.
If you write "computer problems", that is unneeded ... we know you have some, otherwise you wouldn't post here. Try to place your problem under a keyword/keywords that also describe your problem.
That way, people who have knowledge on the subject will be quicker to check your thread.

2. PLEASE post intelligent, can't stress it enough! "My mediaplayer doesn't work" or "my pc acts up" are extremely useless. It goes for the title too: if it worked, you wouldn't post.
If your program doesn't work, describe what you did, what error you get, what has changed lately, etc.
There can be only help if you give info and not with people guessing what could be wrong.
This also applies to viruses... if you have one, don't say "I got a virus and can't get rid of it", tell the NAME of the virus.

3. extra info is extremely important! Tell what Operating System (normally this is windows, followed by either a number or 2 letters) you have, the name of your virus scanner, the firewall, and other programs or hardware devices which you might feel is important for us to know.

4. ALWAYS make sure that your anti-virus program, firewall, spyware-program etc. are up-to-date. Perhaps you can't fix it cause the software doesn't recognise it as a problem...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 10:17 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Good idea...something I have to add:

When posting what is wrong, also post what you've done if you've attempted to fix the problem; this way people won't waste time naming possible solutions you might have tried already...or can let you know if you might have messed things up worse.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 07:02 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Of Evil
Definitely Maybe

That is a good Idea

Old Post Dec 4th, 2004 09:19 PM
Time Of Evil is currently offline Click here to Send Time Of Evil a Private Message Find more posts by Time Of Evil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote