KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Unable to host multiplayer games

Unable to host multiplayer games
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Worried Unable to host multiplayer games

Alright, so I want to host games in Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, and Starcraft. I'm behind a router, though, and am at a loss for what I'm supposed to do to fix it. Anyone have anything that can help me out? The rest of my friends also have routers, so they can't just host the game... any and all info is appreciated.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 04:47 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Need more info.

Are you using NAT for the router? i.e. does your computer have a 192.168.xxx.xxx IP address? If so, then you need to set up port forwarding.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 06:35 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

your probably doing it wrong... Look first make a server(In jedi outcast) Theres going to be a console box, then you enter Jedi Outcast, and go to lan, their you will see your server as lan but others will see it as internet.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 06:37 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

sometimes it works if you simply deactivate your firewall.
though check what raz said

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 06:58 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
Originally posted by Raz
Need more info.

Are you using NAT for the router? i.e. does your computer have a 192.168.xxx.xxx IP address? If so, then you need to set up port forwarding.
Yes, I have the 192.168.xxx.xxx address. I take it that if I have that, that I'm using NAT? I have a Linksys 2.4 GHz 54g (WRT54G) router, if that helps.

quote:
Originally posted by <Tidus>
your probably doing it wrong... Look first make a server(In jedi outcast) Theres going to be a console box, then you enter Jedi Outcast, and go to lan, their you will see your server as lan but others will see it as internet.
I'm positive that I know how to set up a server.

quote:
Originally posted by Dexx
sometimes it works if you simply deactivate your firewall.
though check what raz said
Nope, trust me I've tried that. But thanks for thinking of that smile

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 07:05 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 12:04 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 05:30 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote