KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » CD burner problem

CD burner problem
Started by: Tptmanno1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

CD burner problem

OK I have a Compaq and it came with a Philips cdd4801 cd-r/rw CD burner. Now, when I try to brn a CD it doesn't work and it doesn't matter which program i use, I get basicly the same thing.
My burner doesn't recognize that I put a blank CD in, when I try to burn somethign it says "please insert blank CD" even if I have a blank CD in there, But the funy thing is it reads other CD's that have data on them.
What do I do?
Thanks

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 05:35 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Ummm......check the drivers to make sure they're installed properly?

My computer does that occasionally, too....

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 05:39 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah, check drivers and make sure of course that you have a blank cd.

have you tried just dragging files to your writer?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 05:42 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

yup tried dragging files and drivers don't help

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 07:02 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

Re: CD burner problem

quote:
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
OK I have a Compaq and it came with a Philips cdd4801 cd-r/rw CD burner. Now, when I try to brn a CD it doesn't work and it doesn't matter which program i use, I get basicly the same thing.
My burner doesn't recognize that I put a blank CD in, when I try to burn somethign it says "please insert blank CD" even if I have a blank CD in there, But the funy thing is it reads other CD's that have data on them.
What do I do?
Thanks

You might want to try and update your ASPI driver list. This helps recognize your burner and it's capabilities, and some burning software have a tendency to lose that information. You can get a new version of this at:

http://www.adaptec.com

quote:
yup tried dragging files and drivers don't help

The drag and drop feature is called the Mount Rainer standard (CD-MRW) and I recommend you not to use this feature, unless you plan to port your CD to computers that have a CD-RW burner (this standard is not recognized by normal CD-ROMs). Adaptec has DirectCD and Nero has InCD, but I was never crazy about it.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 09:10 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I always use the drag-and-drop feature, that's how I burn everything blink

How old's your comp and burner? And how long ago did this start happening?

Maybe try a different brand of CDs?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 10:17 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah, you have a difference in CD-RW and CD+ or something

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 10:20 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Don't think that applies to CDs, only DVD+ and DVD- last I saw. But there is the difference between CD-R and CD-RW. Not sure if that has anything to do with your problem.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 12:20 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

why CD burner drive has disabled itself and I can't enable it confused what can i do?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 12:32 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote