KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Mouse

Mouse
Started by: Maverick2364

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

Mouse

Recently my mouse has begun to function strangely. Currently it freezes for a few seconds and then jumps around if I tried to move it when it was frozen. The middle mouse button sometimes scrolls randomly and I have no control. It froze and I needed to restart, after restart it was still frozen until I restarted again. I hooked up another mouse to it and I still had the same issue, so something has to be wrong with the computer. However I cleared the computer of any spyware and the issue remains.

Does anybody know what's wrong with my mouse?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 12:25 AM
Maverick2364 is currently offline Click here to Send Maverick2364 a Private Message Find more posts by Maverick2364 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLG

I use to have that problem, but I had an old computer(really old.) Is your computer new? If you want you can probably find or try to buy a mouse that goes with your computer or functions with your computer. If that doesn't work than I'm not sure what else I can do or tell.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 04:21 AM
LLG is currently offline Click here to Send LLG a Private Message Find more posts by LLG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

It seems to be a motherboard problem... confused

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 06:01 AM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

What sort of motherboard problem?

I have windows xp home edition, dell dimension 2200, it's not too old, only around two years.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 08:05 PM
Maverick2364 is currently offline Click here to Send Maverick2364 a Private Message Find more posts by Maverick2364 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frosty Beverage
Get 'er Done!

i think there's something wrong with your mouse. smile

really: um ,clean it? is it laser or wireless? buy a new one and keep the reciept. See if that helps. call dell.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 03:44 AM
Frosty Beverage is currently offline Click here to Send Frosty Beverage a Private Message Find more posts by Frosty Beverage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Check the cabling of your mouse.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 10:57 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

I found the problem. The back ps2 port was damaged in some way. Hooking up separate mouses didn't work, and the reformat didn't, but I didn't try swapping to a usb mouse. Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 12:52 AM