KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Serious problem with my PC , I have NO idea, please help...

Serious problem with my PC , I have NO idea, please help...
Started by: grey fox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Serious problem with my PC , I have NO idea, please help...

M'kay heres the dealy my home PC is seriously screwing up (I'm currently on a friends lab-top).

The symptoms are.....

1. Upon turning the pc on it goes to the black screen (you know what I mean....) it states 'The disc needs checking for consistency' then 'You may cancel check we advise against it' but before I even TOUCH the keyboard the PC automatically cancels the 'Disc Check' before stating 'This type of file is NTSS'.

2. Whenever I try to load internet explorer (even after a SINGLE click) it spawn into 53 (very specific number, ALWAYS 53) Internet explorers

3. Upon clicking anything with the mouse a noise is emitted (sounds kinda like a woodpecker)

4. Any thing like a MSN reply box ect has it's 'word cursor' (the little line) drop down the very bottom of the typeable page.

Anyone have any idea

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 07:40 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Nope no idea gray try going here to microsoft support.

http://support.microsoft.com/

The Word

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 09:30 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

53 Internet explorers?

That really sounds like a virus or some serious spyware. Have you tried to run all antivirus and anti-adware programs in safe mode?

Since you have problem with the disc try running a disc check.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 02:22 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

agree with spidervlad that sounds like a computer that attacked quiet hard by Virus Rootkit ore Malvare. Try running this program on it: http://www.uploads.ejvindh.net/rootchk.exe and post the result here. Don't worry nothing will happen to you computer.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 02:44 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Reinstall Windows. It will solve any problem.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 08:52 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raz
Reinstall Windows. It will solve any problem.

When I was 12 I did that all the time big grin

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 11:45 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

This might sound weird but have you got any friends skilled with computers.I used to do stuff like this with office poltergeist and ErrMess.That might be the cause although you can never rule out malware.

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 02:09 PM
{{QS}} is currently offline Click here to Send {{QS}} a Private Message Find more posts by {{QS}} Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote