KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Windows Media Player 10... HELP!!!!!

Windows Media Player 10... HELP!!!!!
Started by: big gay kirk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
big gay kirk

Windows Media Player 10... HELP!!!!!

Once more the computer illiterate BGK begs his forum fellows for help with an application that everybody else finds easy...

to cut a long story short, using WMP10, I simply cannot add any new music to existing files on my MP3 player.... and if I create a new file on my MP3, WMp won't allow me to put anything into it... it will let me put music on the device, but this music appears outside any files... I'm sure there must be a way of putting music in files on my MP3, as my last version of WMP (8 or 9) let me, and I refuse to believe the new version is less sophisticated... I've tried getting rid of WMP10 and re loading 8 or 9, but the pc won't let me... I've looked in the help section, but as usual it's just so much gobbledegook....

to cut a long story short, can anyone out there give simple, easy to understand step by step instructions on how to do this... if you need to know, the MP3 player is a cheap one i picked up at TESCO...

hope to hear from one of you.. cheers, BGK

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 10:05 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

Sorry to be unhelpful but this would probably go better in the computer help forum.. embarrasment

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 10:08 PM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I can help you, click next until you come to a screen you don't understand. Click cancel. Uninstall WMP

Go here

http://www.apple.com/de/downloads/

download iTunes

go here

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

download vlc media player

Install them

Live happily ever after.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 10:16 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
I can help you, click next until you come to a screen you don't understand. Click cancel. Uninstall WMP

Go here

http://www.apple.com/de/downloads/

download iTunes

go here

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

download vlc media player

Install them

Live happily ever after.

took the words out of my mouth

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 10:17 PM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Computer Help forum, or the sites Bardock provided. Nothing personal, but I'm reporting the thread.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 10:27 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Seriously though, if you bought that thing at tesco it probably has it's own shitty software or is at least drag and drop, so you can put MP3s from the folder on your computer to the Player directly, without having to sell your soul by opening WMP.

You can easily rip CDs with iTunes (which is also excellent for catalouging and playing your music on the computer) or another program like Audiograbber, which is pretty cool too. If you then also get a program like Media Player Classic or the VLC player I provided a link to, you won't ever have to use this horrible, horrible program again.

If that's in no way what you meant maybe you can give me more specifics and I can try to help you differently.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 10:32 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

thanks for that... still not helped thogh.. sorry...

let me make myself a bit clearer....

for example... on my mp3 player i have a folder called Tori Bsides.... which contains all my Tori Amos bsides copied from cd....
I have just bought a "new" tori cd single, and strangely wish to put the b sides onto my mp 3 player, in the Tori Bsides folder...
I put the cd into my pc, and the tracks end iup in my wmp library, in the Tori Amos folder...so far so good....
I attempt to put the new tracks onto my mp3 player into the Tori Bsides folder.....
The tracks load into the player, but not the folder... they end up outside all the folders i have... i try it again, highlighting the folder i want the tracks in.. no joy... i attempt to drag the tracks into the folder.. the tracks can't be dragged...
If i just drag and drop files from My Music into the mp3 player, the files are saved as files, but cannot be played, except by loading them back onto a pc....
all i want to do is put Frog on My Toe in with all my other Tori Bsides... with the old version of wmp i had, this was easy,, and i refuse to believe that the new version doesn't allow it... their must be a way to do it.... anyone know...??

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 06:13 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote