KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Laptop Gaming / Integrated Chipset Problems

Laptop Gaming / Integrated Chipset Problems
Started by: papabeard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Laptop Gaming / Integrated Chipset Problems

I bought crysis and it wont run on my laptop as i have a shitty intel 945 integrated chipset graphics card or something like that, and im pretty sure it wont run any decent games,i dont know much about this, can anyone give me any advice on games that will work with this?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 01:13 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Tetris, Pong, Pac man. Dont get integrated chipsets in laptops, pay a bit extra for a decent 8600 or something if you want good games on it.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 02:01 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Callan

Truth be told, Crysis will eat pretty much all the current video cards on the market, save for the high-end NVIDIA and ATi stuff, so don't feel too bad about that.

Integrated video components will never match the perfomance of third-party video cards, so if you want to be able to play any recent gaming titles, you'll definitely need to upgrade. For some of the older games, you may be able to get away with integrated video, WoW and Guild Wars are the only two that come to my mind right now.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 05:21 PM
Callan is currently offline Click here to Send Callan a Private Message Find more posts by Callan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's a lie.

You can play Crysis with $100 card. Dont expect to have high end graphics.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 07:45 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Callan

Well, sure it's possible to get your card to run the game. The 5-10 fps you'll get with a low-end card will make actually playing the game a little rough, however.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 02:13 PM
Callan is currently offline Click here to Send Callan a Private Message Find more posts by Callan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote