KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » CD Problems (Computer CD-Burner Related?)

CD Problems (Computer CD-Burner Related?)
Started by: Diablo Cerberus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

CD Problems (Computer CD-Burner Related?)

I recently tried to burn a CD with my computer, and when I played it through any CD player in my house, it was nothing but static. Any suggestions?

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 07:16 PM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Diablo Cerberus
I recently tried to burn a CD with my computer, and when I played it through any CD player in my house, it was nothing but static. Any suggestions?

The CD you burnt the songs to could have been bad.

Best bet is to burn another copy and see if it does it again.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 08:18 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

i've burned four copies of the CD itself. the weird thing is, it plays fine on my computer, but if i run it through a stereo or my car's CD player, it plays static through the whole thing. and i know it isn't the speakers, because they're brand new in my car, and the ones on my stereo are only a month old.

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 08:54 PM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Try turning the burn speed down, if you burn the cd at too fast of a rate it can sometimes mess up.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 01:10 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

after i did this, the CD played, but one song, "Rooftops" by Lost Prophets, was still full of static. should i try to turn burn speed down further?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 04:51 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

What software are you using?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 06:07 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

you mean the program? i'm burning it with Roxio Creator Basic. i think version 9 or 10.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 06:15 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Get Nero.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 06:17 PM
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

i haven't the money for a new program. i'm barely paying my way through school right now...

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 06:30 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

OK, well it may be a problem with the song alone then. You could try burning it at a different speed, though I doubt it'll help. What spec is your cd r/w drive?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 06:34 PM
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

no idea, it doesn't say on it... it's a lightscribe CD/DVD burner, though... says "Ultra Speed" up the side of the "Compact Disc" logo thing...

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 06:42 PM
Peach
mordrem

Hmmm, I used to have Roxio, years ago. And I remember having to tell it to 'finalize' the CD when it was done burning, a box would pop up asking if I wanted to do that. Perhaps that's your problem? Because if it's not finalized, it won't play on anything but your computer.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 07:06 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

oh, thanks!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 07:07 PM