KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » I think I may be having PC problems.

I think I may be having PC problems.
Started by: grey fox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I think I may be having PC problems.

Now I'm not 100% sure of this, but it seems pretty odd to me.

Whenever I load a page on deviant-art and other sites. Not only does the Web-pages URL load, but something else called Subtract userplane and staticplanet as well. It repeatedly loads in-fact. Added to that is an odd Ad/pop-up which keeps coming up. It's a ball the rolls across the screen advertising ...something. I don't look at it too hard before closing it. I'm running a Spyware scanner as we speak and my virus checker is automatic , yet it hasn't come up with anything.

Any help would be appreciated , thank you very much.

Last edited by grey fox on Feb 17th, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 11:42 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I recently had a similar problem with my PC..

Thing with that was,
I ran multiple virus/spyware scans, from many different virus/spyware programs, and none of those programs found a thing. [after my PC was already infected]..

I ended up wiping my PC back to factory settings, which of course worked as far as getting the virus/spyware removed, but it was just a pain in the arse.

Now AVG is one of my lines of defense -- and the thing to remember with anti-virus software in general is, you need to let them do their thing as far as automatic updates are concerned. I never used to do that, which is probably why my PC went loopy.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 3rd, 2008 at 06:55 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 06:52 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote