KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Music Player

Music Player
Started by: 132945

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Restricted

Account Restricted

Music Player

I'm pretty tired of having to go through several media players to play the different files I have on my computer. I've started to use KMPlayer for all my video files because it's better than installing quicktime, nero, Real player (spyware crap), along with other programs for other files.

But I still need something for my music. KM player is great for videos, but the setup for music is just too damn confusing. Windows doesn't play all the media files I use. iTunes looks pretty and is easy to use, but finding songs can suck at times and it's use of the CPU while I'm gaming can be a *****.

What (music) media players would you suggest I use?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 05:20 AM
132945 is currently offline Click here to Send 132945 a Private Message Find more posts by 132945 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 132945
I'm pretty tired of having to go through several media players to play the different files I have on my computer. I've started to use KMPlayer for all my video files because it's better than installing quicktime, nero, Real player (spyware crap), along with other programs for other files.

But I still need something for my music. KM player is great for videos, but the setup for music is just too damn confusing. Windows doesn't play all the media files I use. iTunes looks pretty and is easy to use, but finding songs can suck at times and it's use of the CPU while I'm gaming can be a *****.

I use VLC for most all of my media...plays almost everything imaginable.

http://www.videolan.org/

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 05:32 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Finding songs that are correctly tagged, is incredibly easy with itunes.

I use VLC for videos, cause it is amazing. And iTunes for music.

If you want smaller, yet good, alternatives, you should check out the Media Player Classic and foobar2000

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 10:42 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

MPlayerC (Media Player Classic).

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 05:08 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

VLC would be my recommendation. Excellent little program.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 05:48 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbias3d
Paradox

they should put a music plkaying program on the kmc website.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 09:40 PM
Unbias3d is currently offline Click here to Send Unbias3d a Private Message Find more posts by Unbias3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Media Player Classic

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 04:05 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote