KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » skype delays - dialup to cable

skype delays - dialup to cable
Started by: bustersmum

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bustersmum

skype delays - dialup to cable

My sister is trying to set up Skype. We are having trouble with delays when talking. Could the fact she's on dialup internet speed and I am on Cable speed have anything to do with this delay?

We were also using the speakers and microphones in our laptops as we are waiting for Skype phones to arrive.

Do you thing skype phones will alleviate the delay? Or do you think it is the difference in download speeds?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 05:04 AM
bustersmum is currently offline Click here to Send bustersmum a Private Message Find more posts by bustersmum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bustersmum

Or is this usual to have a delay when talking.

Please someone answer me!!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 09:13 AM
bustersmum is currently offline Click here to Send bustersmum a Private Message Find more posts by bustersmum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I don't have Skype, but it would seem to me that the delay is caused by her having dial-up.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 09:22 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

It's probably the dial up. I never really experienced bad delays...then again, I also didn't know that Dial Up still exists.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 09:39 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote