KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Toshiba Laptop

Toshiba Laptop
Started by: Raoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Toshiba Laptop

Right,

i just got me a toshiba laptop second hand. i want to reinstall windows, as there's lots of crap on it, but i don't have a disk. is there a way to do this wihout the disk and put the laptop back to factory settings, or do i have to use a new windows disk?

i've tried the toshiba website, but unfortunately couldnt find anything...

any help is appreciated...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 6th, 2009 12:38 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raoul
Right,

i just got me a toshiba laptop second hand. i want to reinstall windows, as there's lots of crap on it, but i don't have a disk. is there a way to do this wihout the disk and put the laptop back to factory settings, or do i have to use a new windows disk?

i've tried the toshiba website, but unfortunately couldnt find anything...

any help is appreciated...

Without a specific disk you won't be able to reset it to factory setting usually. You might find one on a filesharing program (not sure about legality of that), or maybe even on their site (though kinda unlikely). Either way, a standard Windows should do just fine, and you can get the drivers (and sometimes even additional programs) on the toshiba website, for sure. So it might be a bit of work should work fine though. (maybe you should download the necessary drivers first and put them on a USB stick for example, might safe you some Internet troubles).

Hope that helped.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2009 01:14 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Bardock42
Without a specific disk you won't be able to reset it to factory setting usually. You might find one on a filesharing program (not sure about legality of that), or maybe even on their site (though kinda unlikely). Either way, a standard Windows should do just fine, and you can get the drivers (and sometimes even additional programs) on the toshiba website, for sure. So it might be a bit of work should work fine though. (maybe you should download the necessary drivers first and put them on a USB stick for example, might safe you some Internet troubles).

Hope that helped.

thanks man, and yeah, that's what i was thinking of doing...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 6th, 2009 01:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Use PC Decrapifier.

http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post May 9th, 2009 12:21 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Toshiba huh...oh the fun you will have....

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 24th, 2009 11:31 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Use PC Decrapifier.

http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

thanks.

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Toshiba huh...oh the fun you will have....

huh

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 24th, 2009 11:34 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

My current laptop is a Toshiba I bought a year ago new. I've had to replace the motherboard twice and the hard drive is next on my list because sometimes it makes very bad noises. Despite their rep, Toshiba is infamous for the amount of consumer lawsuits they get for purposely selling inferior or defective products on the US market. Every time I had my motherboard replaced, the official Toshiba service repair had to go through 10 motherboards Toshiba sent to them before they found one that wasn't broken out of box and kept offering to just sell me a new, more upgraded laptop at a very small discount after reassuring me that my hard drive would probably die within the next 8-16 months. Oh, and memory backup/recovery is an extra charge of +$100 with no guarantees. They literally shell out billions of dollars to settle lawsuits outside of Japan every year.

Have fun.

Old Post May 24th, 2009 11:41 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Jello
My current laptop is a Toshiba I bought a year ago new. I've had to replace the motherboard twice and the hard drive is next on my list because sometimes it makes very bad noises. Despite their rep, Toshiba is infamous for the amount of consumer lawsuits they get for purposely selling inferior or defective products on the US market. Every time I had my motherboard replaced, the official Toshiba service repair had to go through 10 motherboards Toshiba sent to them before they found one that wasn't broken out of box and kept offering to just sell me a new, more upgraded laptop at a very small discount after reassuring me that my hard drive would probably die within the next 8-16 months. Oh, and memory backup/recovery is an extra charge of +$100 with no guarantees. They literally shell out billions of dollars to settle lawsuits outside of Japan every year.

Have fun.

ouch.

well, i've had mine since... january, and i bought it second hand from someone who'd had it for around a year.

very few problems so far, if any. the only thing is that when i got it, it had 4gb of ram running on a 64 bit system. i couldn't clean the harddrive properly, so i sent off for recovery disks. the ones i got were 32 bit. apparently the guy had upgraded it, which sucks, because apparently you need a 64 bit system to run 4gb of ram. so i'm now faced with the choice of buying a 64 bit vista, or waiting for windows 7...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 24th, 2009 11:54 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude you coulda had a Dell.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 12:24 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Dude you coulda had a Dell.

over here, dell is overpriced, and full of problems, from what i've heard...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 25th, 2009 12:29 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

over here, dell is overpriced, and full of problems, from what i've heard...
I paid 350 USD three years ago for my Dell Inspiron, not one problem, except for having to replace a bulb behind the screen after I dropped it.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 12:35 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I paid 350 USD three years ago for my Dell Inspiron, not one problem, except for having to replace a bulb behind the screen after I dropped it.

that's cool.

they're still overpriced on this side of the atlantic, though. stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 25th, 2009 12:43 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

How much do they run for, USD?

Old Post May 25th, 2009 12:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

How much do they run for, USD?

in USD, i'd say a low spec pc is around 450-500, a decent spec would be around 1400-1500.

i can go to pc world and get a pc with an identical spec for around two or three hundred euros less than the same pc would be from dell.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 25th, 2009 04:34 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

in USD, i'd say a low spec pc is around 450-500, a decent spec would be around 1400-1500.

i can go to pc world and get a pc with an identical spec for around two or three hundred euros less than the same pc would be from dell.
Damn dude. Cant you order directly from Dell, online?

Old Post May 26th, 2009 12:36 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Damn dude. Cant you order directly from Dell, online?

yes, but again, they still charge over the top... friend of mine told me dell is much cheaper in the states, which is a shame, cos every time i look at an xps, i want one...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 26th, 2009 12:41 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes, but again, they still charge over the top... friend of mine told me dell is much cheaper in the states, which is a shame, cos every time i look at an xps, i want one...
Weird, I would have thought the website would offer the same prices worldwide.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 01:14 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i wish...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 26th, 2009 03:38 AM
Peach
mordrem

Weird, I would have thought the website would offer the same prices worldwide.

Different exchange rates and taxes and so on make that very much impossible.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 26th, 2009 03:47 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Plus there is the fact that Toshiba may be charging more because Ireland isn't one of it's designated dumps for defective products like the US, Canada, and several EU countries.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 03:51 AM