KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Outlook express for windows 7

Outlook express for windows 7
Started by: chomperx9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Outlook express for windows 7

Just bought a new PC and it came with windows 7 but it doesnt have outlook express ? ive googled for it but cant find where to download outlook express for windows 7

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 04:39 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Outlook Express comes with Microsoft Office, which you need to buy seperately. I honestly haven't heard of a free version coming installed on W7.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 05:05 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Pretty Sure Outlook comes with MS Office, not Outlook Express. Might be wrong though.

Windows Live Mail is the standard in Windows 7 (and going forward) now. (Start*All Programs*Windows Mail)

There's a way to install Outlook Express in Win7 using a version that is pulled from Vista I hear. I couldn't get it to work though and Outlook 2003 works just fine for me; I do miss the compact nature of Outlook Express though.

If you don't want to use Windows Live Mail and you don't have a copy of MS Office to install Outlook 00, 02, 03, 07 or 10 from, there are free alternatives such as Thunderbird.

Edit: Here are some more alternatives

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 17th, 2010 at 06:24 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 06:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Thunderbird is a great alternative... I have Outlook 2007 but I switched to Thunderbird due to it's flexibility. Both Outlook and Thunderbird are great pieces of software though.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 07:30 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Outlook Express comes with Microsoft Office, which you need to buy seperately. I honestly haven't heard of a free version coming installed on W7.

Outlook Express used to come free on Windows versions, it was basically a slimmed down version of Outlook only for E-Mail.

Like Rob said it has been out of use since Vista, their new service is called "Windows Live Mail" (Wikipedia Article)and can be downloaded via the Windows Live Essentials suite. I assume it works similarly to Outlook Express. Alternatively Spooony is right that Thunderbird (Wikipedia Article) is a very popular freeware (actually Open Source I believe) alternative, so you could check that out.

Personally I only use Gmail, I use it for all my outgoing mail needs and get all my email accounts forwarded to it, I love Gmail and, in fact, most other Google services.

Last edited by Bardock42 on Sep 18th, 2010 at 02:30 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 02:27 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah i tried windows 7 and i can live with it.

this is my 1st windows 7 PC. im used to XP and vista.

still kinda prefer xp over 7

one thing thought where do you go to change the color settings and gamma and all that ?

if i go to peronalize and click display only gives you the option to increase the brightness and increase the green color or blue specifically. im trying to find the settings where you just scroll to increase or decrease the color as well as the gamma, sharpness and afew other things cause my monitor display is way to bright and the brightness setting doesnt exactly fix the problem.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 04:02 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I used to, too. But 7 is actually quite good. Of course it should be a million times better than XP, it has been ten years and two OSes for ****s sake.

But I guess giving linux time to catch up was sweet of Microsoft, too.

In the control panel there's something called color... I have the German version, but anyways you can calibrate your screen there and other stuff.

Last edited by Bardock42 on Sep 20th, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 12:08 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gates
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's odd. I've personally made sure that Windows 7 is pre-equipped with everything anyone could possibly need in their life.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 05:00 PM
Gates is currently offline Click here to Send Gates a Private Message Find more posts by Gates Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

WHY THE F DID KMC BAN BILL GATES ?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 02:17 AM