KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Life after death?

Life after death?
Started by: NyC-gUrL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NyC-gUrL
NY's Finest

Life after death?

Do you believe in life after death? Or do you believe in some heaven/hell we all go to after we die?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 10:52 PM
NyC-gUrL is currently offline Click here to Send NyC-gUrL a Private Message Find more posts by NyC-gUrL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theReject

Heavenbig grin

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 01:30 AM
theReject is currently offline Find more posts by theReject Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TKDMaster
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe that there is a heaven and hell.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 01:31 AM
TKDMaster is currently offline Click here to Send TKDMaster a Private Message Find more posts by TKDMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Lithoniel
PYROFLY

i believe both

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 01:34 AM
Lady Lithoniel is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Lithoniel a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Lithoniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

I have some theories, I don't know where they come from.
But I think that maybe most people are re-born. There's alot more to it, but that's generally my opinion.
See, I just can't percieve how Heaven would look like, if it were. confused

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 02:41 AM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

I am not really sure if I believe life after death---because well I am not DEAD yetstick out tongue

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 03:34 AM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

YEah there's a heaven and hell

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 03:51 AM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

I don't really believe in heaven or hell as totally different and separated places and I also don't think the same person ever really lives again after having died. I like the idea, but I don't believe in it.

Maybe there is just dark waiting...

There's only one thing for sure,
Life after death is a great way to control or oppress people because nobody can prove you wrong and it's something everybody kinda wants to know - and beliefs are the only answer to it.
Just look at the medieval church in Europe...

I cannot really believe in any of those ideas and prefer not knowing it until it concerns me and I am dead. I will know soon enough wink

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 12:25 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I believe we become worm food

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 06:49 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I think I will be cremated when I die. Is kinda odd but some cultures believe that creamation is a bad for the soul (that is if you believe in the soul) Who really knows what happens after a person dies. As far as the organs go they stop working and the brain turns off. So it's really hard to know what happens after we died.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 04:52 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

As Backfire said... worm food

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 03:18 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Line
Sarkz

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
I think I will be cremated when I die. Is kinda odd but some cultures believe that creamation is a bad for the soul (that is if you believe in the soul) Who really knows what happens after a person dies. As far as the organs go they stop working and the brain turns off. So it's really hard to know what happens after we died.

that's just it. wether something happens to us or not after we die all depends on wether or not we have something that outlives death, such as a soul. and as you said, that doesn't involve the body, which stops working.
the idea of a soul is strange. where would it be placed, so to say? inside us? around us? I read a short story in which a man has all his organs and limbs, including his head, replaced by someone else's. the question is wether he's still the same person? or did the soul go with his body (which doesn't really exist anymore)? or did it stay with him, though he has no body of his own any longer?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 06:38 PM
Line is currently offline Click here to Send Line a Private Message Find more posts by Line Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

I believe that how you live in one life determines what kind of life you are dealt in the next. Also that there are old souls and new ones contstantly to-ing and fro-ing as people are born and die.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 08:23 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

quote:
I believe that how you live in one life determines what kind of life you are dealt in the next. Also that there are old souls and new ones contstantly to-ing and fro-ing as people are born and die.

great, now im gonna get re-born into a broom stick, or a dogs chew toy....

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 08:21 AM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

is life now worth so little that one would want to believe there is life AFTER our physical bodies die?

one will never know that question until they have crossed over that threshold...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 05:54 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NyC-gUrL
NY's Finest

I think there must be something after this life, since we dont really have a purpose here. There has to be more, if there isnt...I'll cry sad

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 10:35 PM
NyC-gUrL is currently offline Click here to Send NyC-gUrL a Private Message Find more posts by NyC-gUrL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Line
Sarkz

you think we'd have a purpose in the 'afterlife?'

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 10:25 AM
Line is currently offline Click here to Send Line a Private Message Find more posts by Line Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

our purpose in life is survival...live each day as if it were your last...

beyond that is wishful thinking...

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 04:46 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by Line

A purpose? Hmm... I don't think so... as little purpose as we have now, except for finding answers for our own curious ego and maybe help others to find them; but I doubt that there would be many questions left in an afterlife - if it differs from our life now and isn't just a reincarnation.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 05:06 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NyC-gUrL
NY's Finest

quote:
Originally posted by Line

well..theres bound to be a purpose of life, and if we cant find out what it is now then maybe we could in the 'afterlife'.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 11:35 PM