KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What religion does God believe in?

What religion does God believe in?
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eleveninches
God of my own world

Question What religion does God believe in?

I personally dont believe that there is a god, but hypothetically, IF there was a god, what would be HIS religious beliefs. Would he just worship himself all day?
If there is no God higher than him, and if he is the supreme being, then there is no god for him to believe in, so that means that god is an athiest.

However, just as I know that I exist, and you know that you exist, any god that exists would also KNOW that he exists and is a god and therefore worship himself, meaning that he is not an athiest.

What are your thoughts?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 11:07 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nemo
ocean and sea

good question men. i would like to hear the reply from the religious.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 11:11 AM
nemo is currently offline Click here to Send nemo a Private Message Find more posts by nemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
What religion does God believe in?
laughing out loud laughing out loud god is a devoted follower of the norse mythjology wink

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 01:20 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

is this a rhetorical question? <was that a rhetorical question?

How many licks DOES it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop?

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 01:56 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

IMHO.......God likes all religions....they all worship him/her in some way.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:20 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Exactly, God is omnipotent and omniscient (apparently) so therefore must be 'omnireligious' right? Translation; Indecisive.......

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 06:42 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Goth_Girl
Ur worst nightmare

That is a mind bender well maybe if there is a god he just dosn't worship anyone?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 07:19 PM
Goth_Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Goth_Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Goth_Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Re: What religion does God believe in?

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
Hypothetically, IF there was a god, what would be HIS religious beliefs. Would he just worship himself all day?

Since religious beliefs revolve around a God, I doubt that God would feel the need for religion.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 11:03 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Re: Re: What religion does God believe in?

quote:
Originally posted by Samurai Guy
Since religious beliefs revolve around a God, I doubt that God would feel the need for religion.

But he would KNOW that he is a god, and therefore would worship himself

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 10:30 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Yes, he would. End of discussion.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 08:04 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by Syren
Exactly, God is omnipotent and omniscient (apparently) so therefore must be 'omnireligious' right? Translation; Indecisive.......

Yep...

I loved the comment about God being atheist, btw...that completely cracked me up laughing out loud

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 08:06 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Stardust
Yep...

I loved the comment about God being atheist, btw...that completely cracked me up laughing out loud

Which comment?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 08:08 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Look for yourself.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 08:09 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by Syren
Which comment?

In the first post, doll stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 08:09 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by mailedbypostman
Look for yourself.

Who the hell are you?

Oh, I know, the resident sadist Nice to be acquainted etc etc........

And I did look, I obv missed it. Thanks Lana

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 08:10 PM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Does he have to worship himself?
I'm just wondering, just because you believe in something does it really mean you have worship it?

I'm not trying to act smart or anything, just asking. thanks.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 08:34 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barakus
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I personally dont believe that there is a god, but hypothetically, IF there was a god, what would be HIS religious beliefs. Would he just worship himself all day?
If there is no God higher than him, and if he is the supreme being, then there is no god for him to believe in, so that means that god is an athiest.

However, just as I know that I exist, and you know that you exist, any god that exists would also KNOW that he exists and is a god and therefore worship himself, meaning that he is not an athiest.

What are your thoughts?

Well how can that be answered? 'God' is the creator of religion.. which religion though? Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism? who knows.. but more importantly, what if every religion was true? that each religion had a basis in fact and what you believed in was how your afterlife panned out? on the other hand it might not be any of them, we as humans might not know of the one true religion (if there is one)..

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 09:29 PM
Barakus is currently offline Click here to Send Barakus a Private Message Find more posts by Barakus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnival_junkie
God

quote:

I love the fact that the bible recognizes that there ARE in fact other gods...
Just that none of them are "higher" or "greater" than he is.

I have no speech, no name. I live in the action of death, blood cry and the penetrating wound. I am destruction. Absolute and alone.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 12:22 AM
carnival_junkie is currently offline Click here to Send carnival_junkie a Private Message Find more posts by carnival_junkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

God is too busy to have time for religion. He goes away on business too much.

(partially plagiarized from a song by some folk singer stick out tongue)

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 02:59 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barakus
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

Well no that wouldnt make god an athiest because he is the creator of the religion.. it is based around him/her, so he wouldnt be an athiest because GOD proves that there is a god so athiesm cant exist!? confused

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 09:28 PM
Barakus is currently offline Click here to Send Barakus a Private Message Find more posts by Barakus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote